Don’t know how anyone can argue that the government’s handling of the whole travel situation is anything but shambolic. Does anyone really know the criteria for moving countries from one level to another? Bloody farcical to shift Portugal from green to amber within 3 weeks. There’s no coherent strategy. On one hand they state a desire to get the travel sector moving again albeit cautiously then announce a miniscule list of ‘green’ list destinations most of which you either can’t or wouldn’t be able to go to. Portugal was then taken off the list apparently because of a ‘potential variant’. No data to suggest it could become a problem, just a risk averse overreaction.

What more can people do once fully vaccinated and tested to the hilt to prevent spread? We’re as protected as we’ll ever be, yet the government have no confidence in this being enough to stop importing a new strain. This will always be a problem unless we think we can eradicate covid completely and frankly those nations pursuing that strategy will be in a lockdown loop for years to come.

1 hour ago, thedandydon said:

Don’t know how anyone can argue that the government’s handling of the whole travel situation is anything but shambolic. Does anyone really know the criteria for moving countries from one level to another? Bloody farcical to shift Portugal from green to amber within 3 weeks. There’s no coherent strategy. On one hand they state a desire to get the travel sector moving again albeit cautiously then announce a miniscule list of ‘green’ list destinations most of which you either can’t or wouldn’t be able to go to. Portugal was then taken off the list apparently because of a ‘potential variant’. No data to suggest it could become a problem, just a risk averse overreaction.

What more can people do once fully vaccinated and tested to the hilt to prevent spread? We’re as protected as we’ll ever be, yet the government have no confidence in this being enough to stop importing a new strain. This will always be a problem unless we think we can eradicate covid completely and frankly those nations pursuing that strategy will be in a lockdown loop for years to come.

And this is relevant to Lewis Ferguson situation how ??

Don’t know how anyone can argue that the government’s handling of the whole travel situation is anything but shambolic. Does anyone really know the criteria for moving countries from one level to another? Bloody farcical to shift Portugal from green to amber within 3 weeks.

Farcical to have a "green list" in the first place at this stage, I'd say. 

There’s no coherent strategy. On one hand they state a desire to get the travel sector moving again albeit cautiously then announce a miniscule list of ‘green’ list destinations most of which you either can’t or wouldn’t be able to go to. Portugal was then taken off the list apparently because of a ‘potential variant’. No data to suggest it could become a problem, just a risk averse overreaction.

You deem it an overreaction. I don't deem telling people to quarantine when returning from abroad as an overreaction. If you don't want to do it or can't do it, don't go. 

We’re as protected as we’ll ever be,

Only 42% of the UK population is vaccinated, so I'd hope we're not. 

yet the government have no confidence in this being enough to stop importing a new strain.

A huge percentage of unvaccinated people risks both spreading newly imported strains and creating new strains that.

This will always be a problem unless we think we can eradicate covid completely and frankly those nations pursuing that strategy will be in a lockdown loop for years to come.

We've already developed highly effective vaccines. So I'm not sure I agree. 

• Dildo on Bonnet 3

Who took the thread way off on this tangent.

Need to get back to this being updates / discussions on Lewis Ferguson as I keep thinking there is developments

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's not "rightly" nor "needlessly". 

The idea is to put people off travelling abroad. I'd rather they just prevented people doing it right now tbh. It's unfair that the more money you have, the easier it is to navigate round the rules. 

No. It's a case of balancing public health with allowing people "freedom". It's unfair that rich folk can have more freedoms though. Although that's already the case in a whole manner of ways. 

You don't "need" to go to Poland. It's a case of you thinking your want is more important than public health. 

Because that's not the sum total of the costs & they've made it expensive to put people off travelling. 

Holiday in the UK. Invest your money in struggling communities and economies on these shores. Then you'll have no such worries.

Thats what millions upon millions of others are doing.  

The rules change as the situation changes. Fairly obvious that things will be fluid and ever-changing. It'd be fucking stupid to have a fixed set of rules that never changed with the situation. 

His follow up "How not to be wrong - the art of changing your mind" is a better read. 

You're right, I'm wrong again. Another case of deja vu😴

What gives you the right to tell me, or anyone else for that matter, on what we should or shouldn't do? If I want to go Poland, I will go to Poland upon my second vaccination and when Polska is eventually placed on the "green" list. I will not be knowingly endangering anyone by doing so. 

I can't stand how weak, meek, servile and defensive our nation has become. Another factor in my decision to go abroad as soon as possible.

Your subservience to the rules laid down by both governments is pathetic min. I thought you could think for yourself and were better than that? 

Edited by Matt Armstrong's Dog

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You're right, I'm wrong again. Another case of deja vu😴

You're the one speaking as if your viewpoint is factual. I'm not doing that, merely telling you that just because you label something as "needless" or "unnecessary", it does not make it thus. 

What gives you the right to tell me, or anyone else for that matter, on what we should or shouldn't do?

I never told you what you should do. You were whinging about the uncertainty of restrictions relating to foreign travel changing. I pointed out how you could remove such concerns. 

If I want to go Poland, I will go to Poland upon my second vaccination and when Polska is eventually placed on the "green" list.

Good for you. 

I will not be knowingly endangering anyone by doing so. 

I never claimed you would be. 

I can't stand how weak, meek, servile and defensive our nation has become. Another factor in my decision to go abroad as soon as possible.

I can't stand how ignorant, selfish and moronic much of the populace is.

Gove's "people in this country have had quite enough of experts" to demean people who knew what they were talking about but who contradicted his anti-research, anti-intelligence populism summed it up. 

Your subservience to the rules laid down by both governments is pathetic min.

You confuse making conscious choices on what the right and wrong things to do are with subservience. 

Your comment is like claiming that by not going around breaking every law, we're subservient "to the rules laid down by both governments". It's just, as usual with you, meaningless hyperbole that you think makes you sound clever but adds absolutely nothing to the debate.

Anyway, what you doing about these rules you whinge about so much. You organised a movement/March against them? Attempting get support behind your viewpoint and enact change? or are you laying down to them, accepting them and whinging like fuck on an Internet forum about them? 

I thought you could think for yourself and were better than that? 

Because anyone that thinks you don't have a fucking clue and disagrees with your viewpoint can't think for themselves? 

Good one man. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

50 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Need to get back to this being updates / discussions on Lewis Ferguson as I keep thinking there is developments.

same

54 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Who took the thread way off on this tangent.

Need to get back to this being updates / discussions on Lewis Ferguson as I keep thinking there is developments

5 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

same

That must be annoying for you lads. 

• Haha 1

£3m plus add ons taking to £4m & sell on is decent enough for all parties.

Get it done

Just now, Dons79 said:

EE2-E001-C-B744-442-C-A168-D88-F1-DFE250
please picture

great reads for holiday @Parklife

Got the top 2. Read the bottom right. 

Will look out for the other James O'Brien one. Cheers. 

Him destroying the guffie football fan on LBC who was booing was on Sunday was most amusing. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Farcical to have a "green list" in the first place at this stage, I'd say. 

You deem it an overreaction. I don't deem telling people to quarantine when returning from abroad as an overreaction. If you don't want to do it or can't do it, don't go. 

Only 42% of the UK population is vaccinated, so I'd hope we're not. 

A huge percentage of unvaccinated people risks both spreading newly imported strains and creating new strains that.

We've already developed highly effective vaccines. So I'm not sure I agree. 

The traffic light system is another half cocked idea that the government has put in place but not thought through properly and merely confuses and frustrates. If they don't want people to travel, don't create a system that allows them to do so and dangle the carrot so to speak only to pull the rug from under them without justification. 

I deem the government changing a countries RAG status so soon after allowing people to travel there on flimsy evidence an over reaction. The majority who went to Portugal booked on the basis there was no quarantine requirement. There was no indication that it was borderline or near the tipping point which might have influenced their plans.

Closer to 50% of the eligible population id say although that's just splitting heirs. Regardless, i was meaning as an individual, getting 2 doses is as protected as one can get. We're not restarting on the basis of the whole population being fully vaccinated, it likely wont exceed 85% of adults anyway.

The measures put in places are supposedly designed to control the risk around traveling to and from each nation. What each country needs to achieve to reach the fabled 'green list' is anyone's guess.
If being unvaccinated is a concern, maybe make proof of vaccination a requirement? This, along with a negative PCR test surely makes you low risk. There will never zero risk for anyone no matter where they go in the world, so why try to outwit mother nature?

That's just it, the vaccines are effective, they have proven to break the link between cases and needing hospital treatment (so far). Life should be getting beck to normal and that includes international travel. If it means another few weeks of waiting to wring out a few more vaccines then so be it, just be clear about it.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Got the top 2. Read the bottom right. 

Will look out for the other James O'Brien one. Cheers. 

Him destroying the guffie football fan on LBC who was booing was on Sunday was most amusing. 

Definately bud, a do like what he has to say, voice of reason through Brexit for me.

I have listened to his 10.00-13.00 mon-fri on LBC for about 8 years now.seen him on question time hosting it and wouldn’t budge on what he thinks was right.

ps ferguson is a hun fuck, get rid.

16 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

The traffic light system is another half cocked idea that the government has put in place but not thought through properly and merely confuses and frustrates. If they don't want people to travel, don't create a system that allows them to do so and dangle the carrot so to speak only to pull the rug from under them without justification. 

I deem the government changing a countries RAG status so soon after allowing people to travel there on flimsy evidence an over reaction. The majority who went to Portugal booked on the basis there was no quarantine requirement. There was no indication that it was borderline or near the tipping point which might have influenced their plans.

Closer to 50% of the eligible population id say although that's just splitting heirs. Regardless, i was meaning as an individual, getting 2 doses is as protected as one can get. We're not restarting on the basis of the whole population being fully vaccinated, it likely wont exceed 85% of adults anyway.

The measures put in places are supposedly designed to control the risk around traveling to and from each nation. What each country needs to achieve to reach the fabled 'green list' is anyone's guess.
If being unvaccinated is a concern, maybe make proof of vaccination a requirement? This, along with a negative PCR test surely makes you low risk. There will never zero risk for anyone no matter where they go in the world, so why try to outwit mother nature?

That's just it, the vaccines are effective, they have proven to break the link between cases and needing hospital treatment (so far). Life should be getting beck to normal and that includes international travel. If it means another few weeks of waiting to wring out a few more vaccines then so be it, just be clear about it.

I laugh as I went on Holiday to the Caribbean in November had to get a test on the way out all very safe had a great Holiday almost like normal. I went in November with no Vaccine and now I cannot go this year after having 2 doses of Vaccine, something doesn't stack up to me with this International travel mess

14 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

The traffic light system is another half cocked idea that the government has put in place but not thought through properly and merely confuses and frustrates. If they don't want people to travel, don't create a system that allows them to do so

Agreed. 

and dangle the carrot so to speak only to pull the rug from under them without justification. 

Some people think it might be with justification. 

The Scottish government has consistently discouraged people from foreign travel and warned them this may well happen. 

I don't see how people can try and blame anyone else for being caught out in this way. 

Certainly at this stage, I don't see how vaccine Passports are fair, given only older or vulnerable people have had 2 doses. 

I can see an Avenue for them, although they're going to be hugely controversial. 

I think it's more likely we have to wait months than weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I laugh as I went on Holiday to the Caribbean in November had to get a test on the way out all very safe had a great Holiday almost like normal. I went in November with no Vaccine and now I cannot go this year after having 2 doses of Vaccine, something doesn't stack up to me with this International travel mess

Yeah. It was stupid you were allowed to go in November. 

• Dildo on Bonnet 2

2 hours ago, Henry said:

That must be annoying for you lads. 

No doubt 

10 hours ago, Henry said:

A property magnate simply like @Dons79 simply can’t the quality of holiday and level of luxury he’s accustomed to in the UK

What?

Here Parky, you don't half love a break things into smaller quotes and answer individually type thing.

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What?

My thoughts exactly 👍

Any chance we can we keep the pant pishing over a glorified cold to the relevant thread?

Have we sold the hun cunt yet?

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Definately bud, a do like what he has to say, voice of reason through Brexit for me.

I have listened to his 10.00-13.00 mon-fri on LBC for about 8 years now.seen him on question time hosting it and wouldn’t budge on what he thinks was right.

ps ferguson is a hun fuck, get rid.

Lol he’s an angry alkie wank 😄

The epitome of “gammon”

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

£3m plus add ons taking to £4m & sell on is decent enough for all parties.

Get it done

I’d say £4m plus a sizeable % sell on fee would be more acceptable 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, NEM said:

The epitome of “gammon”

O'Brien is a cock. 

Does dismantle idiots fairly well, though. Just let's them air their thoughts to the point where their thought process totally unravels. 

He's a sneering, centrist, know it all, gammon cunt, though. 

Fuck Lewis Ferguson.

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

44 minutes ago, NEM said:

The epitome of “gammon”

Ferguson or OBrien 😂

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Ferguson or OBrien 😂

Give it 15 - 20 years and I’m sure Ferguson be well down the alkie path 😄

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2021 at 2:10 PM, Parklife said:

It's just, as usual with you, meaningless hyperbole that you think makes you sound clever but adds absolutely nothing to the debate.

Thanks. You are not a very good judge of character are you?

I don't set out to look or sound clever nor do I set out to make on I someone that I am not. I also don't set out to make anyone look or feel inferior. 

This is a forum for equals after all.

I am glad though that I am not a smug and arrogant prick though who thinks they are more superior that anyone else. I may be a prick but not one of a smug and arrogant disposition thankfully. 

Edited by Matt Armstrong's Dog

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Thanks. You are not a very good judge of character are you?

I'm a pretty good judge, I'd say. Hence why I had you pegged pretty quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I don't set out to look or sound clever nor do I set out to make on I someone that I am not. I also don't set out to make anyone look or feel inferior. 

This is a forum for equals after all.

I am glad though that I am not a smug and arrogant prick though who thinks they are more superior that anyone else. I may be a prick but not one of a smug and arrogant disposition thankfully. 

No, you just try and slyly insult folk and have digs at them. Like you're doing in this post.

If you want to call me a prick or whatever, then man the fuck and do it FFS. 

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm a pretty good judge, I'd say. Hence why I had you pegged pretty quickly. 

No, you just try and slyly insult folk and have digs at them. Like you're doing in this post.

If you want to call me a prick or whatever, then man the fuck and do it FFS. 

A very quick response, Parky. I'm impressed. Did you require to turn off a cement mixer to create and submit your reply or did you multitask? 

I am nae calling you a prick to make you feel better about yourself. I just find you a very complex character who purportedly has done very well for him or herself. I'm genuinely in awe of you.

I don't set out to insult folk nor do I set out to have sly digs at them. That's not me so you aren't that a great judge of character, although you have several positive traits that you have used to their optimum it seems. Well done min.