Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

Do we want Gallagher to play and play well, or do we want McKenna to play every game absolutely world class and get a 60 million pound move?

Do we play hunners of left backs, but none actually at left back and play a pish Motherwell player right wing back? 

Does Callum McGregor stroll into the team after doing nothing about 30 internationals in a row?

Come on Scotland... 1-0, that wee prick Ryan Fraser with the goal

36 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Do we want Gallagher to play and play well, or do we want McKenna to play every game absolutely world class and get a 60 million pound move?

I'd prefer McKenna plays and bumps his value for the potential sell-on bonus.

Keep Gallagher fresh for the new season with the Dons. He's not likely to have much resale value so happy to keep him fit to play for Aberdeen

Hanley and Tierney will certainly play and it will be between Hendry and Gallagher for the 3rd spot and will probably go to Hendry. Ten Minutes of Gilmour the other day confirmed to me what I already knew that he is far better than Macgregor, he is a good intelligent passer and can control a game unlike the headless chicken that is Macgregor. The Huns lad also looks far better than O'Donnell which isn't hard, but I fully expect both O'Donnell and Macgregor to play

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Hanley and Tierney will certainly play and it will be between Hendry and Gallagher for the 3rd spot and will probably go to Hendry. Ten Minutes of Gilmour the other day confirmed to me what I already knew that he is far better than Macgregor, he is a good intelligent passer and can control a game unlike the headless chicken that is Macgregor. The Huns lad also looks far better than O'Donnell which isn't hard, but I fully expect both O'Donnell and Macgregor to play

I agree on O'Donnell but I can see Clarke springing a surprise and putting Gilmour in the midfield with McTominay and McGinn.

Toss up between Christie and Fraser to play in behind Dykes.

Marshall

Hendry Hanley Tierney

O'Donnell McTominay Gilmour Robertson

McGinn Christie

Dykes

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

There are one or two players I think that will start that I don't think should:

McGinn - good player but hasn't looked good in the past few internationals

McGregor

O Donnell

I think the above should be replaced with:

Armstrong (great season with Southampton)

Gilmour

Patterson 

McGinn has scored 10 goals in his last 12 competitive internationals. 

He's guaranteed to start.  He's a big game player. 

I'd have Gilmour in instead of McGregor but can't see that happening in the first game.  Maybe by the third game he might be starting. 

28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGinn has scored 10 goals in his last 12 competitive internationals. 

He's guaranteed to start.  He's a big game player. 

I'd have Gilmour in instead of McGregor but can't see that happening in the first game.  Maybe by the third game he might be starting. 

Aye McGinn didn't have his best game last time out but he's been consistently good for us 

Gilmour should be ahead of MacGregor and Armstrong deserves to be in .

I think he'll start with 1 striker up front which will be Dykes as he get's stuck in 

Tord's formation  for me but change Christie for Armstrong 

We have lots of great options , looking forward to it 

Forgot about Turnbull , he should be getting game time . Probably as a sub , coming on for McGinn after 60 

55 minutes ago, davieb said:

We will get pumped, Clarke has fluked it through the backdoor and now he's been proclaimed as some sort of miracle worker! ?

Hard not to agree with that. He's really not had many great results or performances. Best was a draw with Serbia. We played 6 Nations League/Play off games to get to the Euros. Half of them against Israel, who we only beat once. 

20 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

There are one or two players I think that will start that I don't think should:

McGinn - good player but hasn't looked good in the past few internationals

McGregor

O Donnell

I think the above should be replaced with:

Armstrong (great season with Southampton)

Gilmour

Patterson 

McGinn?! He must easily be Scotlands top goalscorer in the squad. He has to play.

Agree O Donnell is pish but Patterson only has a few games playing for a very strong Rangers team against crap Scottish sides. How will he cope having to do a lot of the defensive work? Who knows! Wouldn't be too upset if he got a go though. Gilmour has to start ahead of McGregor

There is no chance McGinn doesn't start. We'd be nowhere near the tournament if it wasn't for him.

I'd have Gilmour and Patterson in ahead of McGregor and O'Donnell, but won't be surprised when I see neither starting. Patterson is a bit of an unknown at this level and could be shite, but we already know that O'Donnell is definitely shite. 

Czech Republic is our best chance at getting 3 points, we need to play to win this one. Then hope we can fluke a point vs England or Croatia.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I agree on O'Donnell but I can see Clarke springing a surprise and putting Gilmour in the midfield with McTominay and McGinn.

Toss up between Christie and Fraser to play in behind Dykes.

Marshall

Hendry Hanley Tierney

O'Donnell McTominay Gilmour Robertson

McGinn Christie

Dykes

Don't think Christie will start. For the 2 home games at least, I reckon there was a big clue given the other day with Dykes being partnered up front with Adams.

I suspect you are correct with O'Donnell starting the first game........I think he's a pile of shite and would hope that the young hun loon gets the nod for the later games, certainly against Croatia.

The England game I think we'll go with a defensive formation and try to sneak a point. Could end up embarrassing

Not fussed if Gallacher gets a game, would rather have him fresh and 100% ready for season ahead. Caps and how he plays makes little odds to us as we won't be selling him.

McKenna can play all games (3 likely) before we get knocked out to bump up his value and sell on for us.

Hopefully england get the bullet early to save the annoyance.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Not fussed if Gallacher gets a game, would rather have him fresh and 100% ready for season ahead. Caps and how he plays makes little odds to us as we won't be selling him.

McKenna can play all games (3 likely) before we get knocked out to bump up his value and sell on for us.

Hopefully england get the bullet early to save the annoyance.

Will you be cheering on the Glasgow based players? 

interesting 

3 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Marshall

Hendry - Hanley - Tierney

Patterson - Gilmour - Mctominay - Robertson

Armstrong or Christie

Dykes - Adams

This team for me except Mcginn must play instead of Armstrong, Christie has been honking this season and I would personally play Gallagher before Hendry

23 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Can’t see Gallagher or McKenna starting. Back 4 likely to be O’Donnell (groan), Hendry, Hanley and Robertson. 

Got a table booked on Monday at Blackfriars and a day off. We simply have to win our first game at home versus the weakest of our three group opponents. 

1-0 Scotland. 

It will be a back 5 with Tierney in it. I agree the other 4 you mentioned will be in that back 5

O'Donnell should play IMO. 

Even on Sunday Patterson got caught a few times too high up the pitch after losing the ball and put us under pressure. The Czechs will be far more clinical in those situations than 10 man Luxembourg were. 

I'm 50:50 on McGregor/Gilmour. I think Clarke will play McGregor though. 

Id get Armstrong as part of the midfield 3 along with Armstrong & McGrgor/Gilmour and play McGinn off our striker. He's been our biggest goal threat in recent times & has excelled in that 2nd striker position for us previously. 

A tough game on Monday but a winnable one. ??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Even on Sunday Patterson got caught a few times too high up the pitch after losing the ball and put us under pressure. The Czechs will be far more clinical in those situations than 10 man Luxembourg were. 

Id get Armstrong as part of the midfield 3 along with Armstrong & McGrgor/Gilmour and play McGinn off our striker. He's been our biggest goal threat in recent times & has excelled in that 2nd striker position for us previously. 

Then you are dropping McTominay

It's very annoying having so much strength in some areas but having to pick Motherwell players and Australian QPR players in others

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Then you are dropping McTominay

It's very annoying having so much strength in some areas but having to pick Motherwell players and Australian QPR players in others

I said Armstrong along with Armstrong. I meant along with McTominay. 

Armstrong, McGregor/Gilmour & McTominay as the 3

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I agree with that. I can't help but feel there must be some sense in playing Armstrong and Adams together in some way. They both played well for Southampton this season

4 hours ago, davieb said:

We will get pumped, Clarke has fluked it through the backdoor and now he's been proclaimed as some sort of miracle worker! ?

Hun