Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

10 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Has the talent? He’s shite. Roughed up a few Hun and Tim defenders to get a move to QPR where he’s in and out of a team that Dominic Ball is a regular starter. Pish.

O’Donnell pish.

Bringing on Callum McGregor when 2-0 down. Pish.

The old Scottish way of not wanting to take risks so Gilmour and Patterson stay on the bench. Pish.

Women in football. Pish. 

I take it Dykes has talent somewhere but I've yet to see it.

Stevie Clarke being duped into believing that if a player is plying his trade in the English Championship, he must be good. If Dominic Ball gets a regular gig with a team in that league, you know it's very ordinary. 

Clarke is purely carrying on the same old Scotland mantra of "jobs for the boys", although most of them have been out of form for their clubs or simply aren't good enough.

We have got to remember that Scotland only qualified through the back door to reach the Euros, not through the preferred automatic qualification route from the European qualifiers. 

The gulf in class between a team that qualified automatically and one that shouldn't even be there was there for all to see. 

Not playing Gilmour or Patterson cost us that game, tierney big miss as well. Missed most of it sharing naked pics with a dirty from Buckie but the bits I saw were not pretty. Unlike her 42E chest. Total skank, wouldn't touch her with Poodlers but for today she thinks she's won the World Cup.

I value birds with teeth.

22 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Has the talent? He’s shite. Roughed up a few Hun and Tim defenders to get a move to QPR where he’s in and out of a team that Dominic Ball is a regular starter. Pish.

O’Donnell pish.

Bringing on Callum McGregor when 2-0 down. Pish.

The old Scottish way of not wanting to take risks so Gilmour and Patterson stay on the bench. Pish.

Women in football. Pish. 

McGregor is as much use as Eriksson after a heart attack, utter shite, why does he still get a game. Fucking Gilmour on the bench.

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Not playing Gilmour or Patterson cost us that game, tierney big miss as well. Missed most of it sharing naked pics with a dirty from Buckie but the bits I saw were not pretty. Unlike her 42E chest. Total skank, wouldn't touch her with Poodlers but for today she thinks she's won the World Cup.

I value birds with teeth.

Thank you for this poetry.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

I honestly don't think England will hammer us. I think it will be tight.

Thought we were very weak in the final third (better with Che) and not very incisive on the right flank. Steve Clarke was right when he said the sides nullified each other in midfield. Scotland players at times played the game too much like fans and not enough like footballers. We were fancy when we didn't need to be and almost had a few clangers. We were better in possession in non dangerous areas and not so good in dangerous areas.

All in all the Czechs managed us well today.

Also, dinna get the hate for female commentators. Thought the Women's Scotland coach (forget her name) made good points.

Similar to how I saw it^  We were handled well by them, 2 very cute finishes and game over. No disguising we're out of our depth here.

Although I canna go that Shelly Kerr's John Hughes impressions

• Upvote 1

I don’t think we played that bad overall. Certainly made some poor decisions that cost us in the end. 2nd goal was an absolute Schick-ner Absolutely no need for Marshall to be 30yds off his line. The Czechs defended well and got a lot of the breaks of the ball. They’re a decent side but we weren’t bossed off the park. Clarke should have been braver with his team selection but I’m guessing losing Tierney wasn’t in the plan. No idea what the issue is but hopefully he’s back for Friday. Not convinced by England yet. By rights they should be beating us comfortably but then again, we thought last time we played them at Wembley and managed a draw out of it.

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The likes of Roxburgh, Brown, Smith, McLeish and Levein would pick the same players although they were out of form, weren't good enough, or, in some instances, weren't playing for their clubs.

Clarke is adopting the same approach of the afore-mentioned. 

Can't agree with this. Clarke seems far more open to changing the squad than the aforementioned. My perception of his work so far is that he is also more open to playing guys in the Scottish leagues who don't play for the old firm. 

If there are players who should have been in before the guys who made it I'm not sure who they are.

• Upvote 1

The two sides were fairly evenly matched. 

But we made mistakes that were punished. And we didn't have their quality to finish the chances we created. And that's the difference at this level. 

4 shots on target from our 19.

7 shots on target from their 10.

And they didn't have O'Donnell in their team.  I almost felt sorry for him, what a nightmare he had throughout. Nae his fault though, should never be playing international football. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

I don’t think we played that bad overall. Certainly made some poor decisions that cost us in the end. 2nd goal was an absolute Schick-ner Absolutely no need for Marshall to be 30yds off his line. The Czechs defended well and got a lot of the breaks of the ball. They’re a decent side but we weren’t bossed off the park. Clarke should have been braver with his team selection but I’m guessing losing Tierney wasn’t in the plan. No idea what the issue is but hopefully he’s back for Friday. Not convinced by England yet. By rights they should be beating us comfortably but then again, we thought last time we played them at Wembley and managed a draw out of it.

Schick made a point of saying he'd seen Marshall off his line earlier and had made the decision to do it if he got the ball. Class act.

From the sounds Clarke's interview Tierney won't be back by Friday. Of course, that could be gamesmanship from Clarke.

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

All this chat by the burds in the studio about the incredible atmosphere?  You'd think they only started watching football in the last year. 

The coverage of the BBC before, during, and after the game was fucking appalling and painful.

The same old boring shite being spouted, "What an atmosphere", "The Night in Belgrade", and "23 years of not being in a finals tournament" (Yes we know).

And who the fuck picked Biffy Clyro to rouse up enthusiasm and patriotism in supporters pre-match? The corpse of Andy Stewart has more singing talent and life than Biffy Clyro.  

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

But we made mistakes that were punished. And we didn't have their quality to finish the chances we created. And that's the difference at this level. 

And they didn't have O'Donnell in their team.  I almost felt sorry for him, what a nightmare he had throughout. Nae his fault though, should never be playing international football. 

He shouldn't be playing football full stop, tackling Christie, wtf was he thinking. He should kill himself.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Can't agree with this. Clarke seems far more open to changing the squad than the aforementioned. My perception of his work so far is that he is also more open to playing guys in the Scottish leagues who don't play for the old firm. 

If there are players who should have been in before the guys who made it I'm not sure who they are.

Gilmour should have played for a start. Especially when he made the decision to leave McGregor out, the wee hun is an ideal replacement. 

And O'Donnell should have been left out. Altogether. 

I'd also argue that Adams should have started too

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The coverage of the BBC before, during, and after the game was fucking appalling and painful.

The same old boring shite being spouted, "What an atmosphere", "The Night in Belgrade", and "23 years of not being in a finals tournament" (Yes we know).

And who the fuck picked Biffy Clyro to rouse up enthusiasm and patriotism in supporters pre-match? The corpse of Andy Stewart has more singing talent and life than Biffy Clyro.  

Or Andy Cameron?

Surely must have been someone on here that tried to chin him at Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I noticed that while Robertson had the ball played to his feet that O'Donnell was asked to chase balls played over the top. Now maybe there is a reason for that but it meant he was chasing the ball rather than receiving it.

1 minute ago, redcryptoknight said:

I noticed that while Robertson had the ball played to his feet that O'Donnell was asked to chase balls played over the top. Now maybe there is a reason for that but it meant he was chasing the ball rather than receiving it.

Maybe Robertson is just quicker and takes up better positions? 

Or they don't trust O'Donnell to travel with the ball so play it further up into space on that side? 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Gilmour should have played for a start. Especially when he made the decision to leave McGregor out, the wee hun is an ideal replacement. 

And O'Donnell should have been left out. Altogether. 

I'd also argue that Adams should have started too

Ah, I thought you meant final squad selection, not the starting line up. Yes, Che looked an effective player for us.

Scotland weren't that bad I didn't think.  0-2 was outrageous bad luck.  Grant Hanley miss-times a jump, but that was his only mistake and we get punished.  Then the czechs scored the goal of tournament!  I was in a packed scotland venue and folk were moaning at Marshall!  FFS - a goalkeeper shouldn't be stuck to his line!  That was an incredible moment of brilliance!

Actually feeling positive about Scotland in the future now.  It seems so obvious the changes we need to make.  O'Donnell is not good enough at that level - bring in Patterson.  We need a player to dominate possession like Soucek did for Czechs (he was awesome I thought).  Someone like Gilmour would be nice!  Also, Tierney is our best player - it's not even a contest.  We're a different team without him.  Think one thing we do miss is a goal scorer though!

I don't think Clarke is the right man, but it's surely not a hard job for his replacement?  It's fairly obviously what needs done.