Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

4 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Marshall is quite far out to be fair but we're chasing a goal. I initially said 30 yarrds out for our CB but that photo looks more like 25 yards! I should have been clearer. Freak in that 99 times out of 100 our shot isn't deflected into the path of their striker on the half way line. To be fair to the lad, it's an excellent strike from there 

Cmon to fuck man, it was 5 minutes into the half, not 5 minutes to go

No need for the keeper to chase the game.

Great strike but Marshall made an absolute cunt of it.

1 minute ago, RedRichard said:

For England game, Gordon, Forrest, Fraser and Adams have to come in for Marshall, O'Donnell, Christie and Dykes (though Christie would play better with Adams so not totally opposed to him remaining). What an awful day...

Forrest can run to fuck, he's had they best part of 40 caps for Scotland and turned up for less than 5 games.

The useless no neck fucker can stay on the fucking bench.

1 minute ago, RedRichard said:

For England game, Gordon, Forrest, Fraser and Adams have to come in for Marshall, O'Donnell, Christie and Dykes (though Christie would play better with Adams so not totally opposed to him remaining). What an awful day...

Fuck off with that nae-neck prick Forrest. And the spazzie lower league keeper - cunt's nae played a top end game in years

Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Fuck off with that nae-neck prick Forrest. And the spazzie lower league keeper - cunt's nae played a top end game in years

Aye Marshall made a cunt of the second goal but he also made some good saves. 

A swift boot up the arse and he'll be ready to play the next game. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Cmon to fuck man, it was 5 minutes into the half, not 5 minutes to go

No need for the keeper to chase the game.

Great strike but Marshall made an absolute cunt 

Ok, I'll concede he was too high. We've a CB hitting the ball from 25 yards and the ball pings out to what would have been a 2 on 2 on half way. Not saying Marshall was guilt free but there's more going on there

1 minute ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Ok, I'll concede he was too high. We've a CB hitting the ball from 25 yards and the ball pings out to what would have been a 2 on 2 on half way. Not saying Marshall was guilt free but there's more going on there

Aye. Hendry shouldn't really be blasting it into a heap of bodies as the last outfield man either. 

But if Marshall isn't as far up the pitch the boy doesn't even think about taking that shot on. 

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Obviously never been a goalkeeper at a decent level so no idea what you are talking about.

I was a top class keeper, I never had ambitions of being a centre forward when I was on the pitch, hey Joe Harper, cover the goal, fancy the chances at this attack.

5 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

2 on 2 would have made it an old style football contest of attack v defence, however with the stupid cunt being 40 yards from his goal, he effectively gave the forward a free shot at goal.

There is no defence for Marshall in this situation, he's made an absolute cunt of it.

1 minute ago, shut up meg said:

2 on 2 would have made it an old style football contest of attack v defence, however with the stupid cunt being 40 yards from his goal, he effectively gave the forward a free shot at goal.

There is no defence for Marshall in this situation, he's made an absolute cunt of it.

I actually think the whole team was too far forward at this point. It was too early for that, like you said earlier it was only 5 mins into second half, chasing a goal or not. 2 on 2 concerns me with Grant Hanley to be fair haha. I know that doesn't excuse Marshall either way, he was too high.

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

How did you enjoy the Scotland tournament experience MT?

In my experience it's a bit of a rollercoaster. excitement in the run up to the game,  expectation when you roll up to the stadium, then crashing disappointment when we crash on the day. 

The football was nearly always shite however the holidays were always fantastic.

6 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Fair enough Millertime. I still think it doesn't end well in that 2 on 2 from the picture (even with Marshall in a better position) but that's obviously opinion, we'll never know now.

Have you ever played 5 against 4 with a run out goalie?

It's a fucking dawdle to score against the runnie out goalie due to the fact that the goalie is not in their fucking goal.

If Marshall's starting position was at 22 yards out and not 40 yards out, they would not have scored, end of story.

2 hours ago, minijc said:

spacer.png

Jesus, first time I've seen that picture. Tells us all we need to know about how much at fault the keeper is. No need to be that high up the pitch.

Some finish from the striker though, but Marshall saves it if he's even a few yards further back. The striker probably doesn't even attempt it if Marshall is a few yards deeper.

Piss poor.

• Upvote 2

There's probably a reason why Marshall was dropped at Derby. 

Clarke shouldn't let sentiment cloud his judgement.

We should all thank every player involved in the qualifying process, but when you're at the big boys table you need to be ruthless to succeed. I think Clarke will have learnt a harsh lesson today, be interesting to see if he takes it on board for the next game. 

Just now, Andy_123 said:

Marshall’s never been a great keeper. A good shot stopper, but not great at everything else.

There’s a reason he’s not played at top clubs.

He should never wear the Scotland shirt again, fuck is he doing at the half way line. I've never seen a keeper act like that. If that was a dons keeper I'd be screaming for the cunt to get back in his box and stop acting billy big bollocks, thankfully the keepers at Aberdeen know where I sit and would never risk it.