Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

Begrudgingly agree Kerrs not the worst.  Massive hun who’d got a new jacket from markies for the occasion (probably nicked) so that was nice for her.

The ones that poke my piles are the ones who refer to fellow panellists and say things like “we were players we know what it’s like.”  Em the panellist won the Champions League with three different clubs and you, you were a sub for Disneyland Ironers 2nd 11.  Like fuck you “know what it’s like”

Rant over.  As you were!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Jason Kerr, Declan Gallagher, and Stephen Welsh are three defenders, for starters, I can think of that are better than Hanley, Cooper, and O'Donnell who all started today. 

David Wotherspoon and Lewis Stevenson are another 2 players that would add an abundance of energy and talent to Scotland, something that undoubtedly lacking today. However, I doubt any of them will end up in the Scotland squad any time soon. 

David does a great all day breakfast if the football doesn't work out. 

7 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Scotland weren't that bad I didn't think.  0-2 was outrageous bad luck.  Grant Hanley miss-times a jump, but that was his only mistake and we get punished.  Then the czechs scored the goal of tournament!  I was in a packed scotland venue and folk were moaning at Marshall!  FFS - a goalkeeper shouldn't be stuck to his line!  That was an incredible moment of brilliance!

Actually feeling positive about Scotland in the future now.  It seems so obvious the changes we need to make.  O'Donnell is not good enough at that level - bring in Patterson.  We need a player to dominate possession like Soucek did for Czechs (he was awesome I thought).  Someone like Gilmour would be nice!  Also, Tierney is our best player - it's not even a contest.  We're a different team without him.  Think one thing we do miss is a goal scorer though!

I don't think Clarke is the right man, but it's surely not a hard job for his replacement?  It's fairly obviously what needs done.  

Agree with that.  I’m easier on Dykes only in that we haven’t anyone else in that position.

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Begrudgingly agree Kerrs not the worst.  Massive hun who’d got a new jacket from markies for the occasion (probably nicked) so that was nice for her.

The ones that poke my piles are the ones who refer to fellow panellists and say things like “we were players we know what it’s like.”  Em the panellist won the Champions League with three different clubs and you, you were a sub for Disneyland Ironers 2nd 11.  Like fuck you “know what it’s like”

Rant over.  As you were!

I'd fucking poke her eye before making her gag on my cock, fucking hun, wouldn't bother cumming, just piss down her neck, skank.

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

We were the better team.

Not sure we were. 

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I don't think Clarke is the right man, but it's surely not a hard job for his replacement?  It's fairly obviously what needs done.  

History would suggest otherwise. The biggest challenge for any Scotland manager is that they are operating under dinosaurs at the SFA who run our game like a members' only country club.

In interviews Clarke never fills me with any real confidence, but in terms his approach I do like him a lot better than most of our recent Scotland managers. He seems to want us to play football. I also like the fact he came from Killie rather than  having a Tims or Huns association. I think that's positive for Scottish football.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Schick made a point of saying he'd seen Marshall off his line earlier and had made the decision to do it if he got the ball. Class act.

From the sounds Clarke's interview Tierney won't be back by Friday. Of course, that could be gamesmanship from Clarke.

Yeah, heard that. Credit to the lad for the strike but shouldn't have been given the option.

I thought he said he was hopeful he'd be back? Whats the secrecy with his injury anyway.

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Agree with that.  I’m easier on Dykes only in that we haven’t anyone else in that position.

Think we have a few hard workers, like Adams and Dykes... but need a penalty box striker.  Is Nisbet good enough?  To be decided...

Ridiculous evening tonight - I'm still quite positive about the future.  On balance I think we were lucky to get through, but we are building a good young team.  I think Czech and Serbia have a touch more quality than us ... in the play off we got the luck, tonight we didn't!

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

Think we have a few hard workers, like Adams and Dykes... but need a penalty box striker.  Is Nisbet good enough?  To be decided...

Ridiculous evening tonight - I'm still quite positive about the future.  On balance I think we were lucky to get through, but we are building a good young team.  I think Czech and Serbia have a touch more quality than us ... in the play off we got the luck, tonight we didn't!

Get an umbrella for that heat min.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Yeah, heard that. Credit to the lad for the strike but shouldn't have been given the option.

I thought he said he was hopeful he'd be back? Whats the secrecy with his injury anyway.

Not sure, I very well could have misread it, but I thought the way he said hopeful implied that it was less likely than likely. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, he obviously has never seen the goal scored by Nayim in the 1995 ECWC final?

Was like me going for a smoke at work and being shocked back at my desk I'd missed the important phone call I was waiting for.

Cunt should be led out the back, pistol to the back of the neck, over. 

34 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Not sure we were. 

History would suggest otherwise. The biggest challenge for any Scotland manager is that they are operating under dinosaurs at the SFA who run our game like a members' only country club.

In interviews Clarke never fills me with any real confidence, but in terms his approach I do like him a lot better than most of our recent Scotland managers. He seems to want us to play football. I also like the fact he came from Killie rather than  having a Tims or Huns association. I think that's positive for Scottish football.

Think Clarke has done a lot of good and is clearly an excellent coach... guys like Mourinho and Benitez would testify.  On the training ground clearly he is of the highest quality.

Does he have it to be a ruthlessness top manager?  I think 'no'.  Everyone who watches Scotland and SPFL football could tell you O'Donnell is a massive problem. Someone who was ruthless and didn't get sentimental about past performance - they would have done what was necessary.  You didn't really need to be a massive observer to pick this one out to be honest... that's the problem!  We all knew and had been saying for a while...  At my soccer club, I was having aussies texting me about ' who's this lad O'Donnell?' '...he's having a mare!' For Scotland to win, there has to be no 'old mates', or 'he's done a job'... has to be ruthless.  We need to play our best available team.  We're not a strong enough nation to carry passengers.  I think if we can get someone like that, it'll be huge.  Not far away from being a decent side IMO!

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Was like me going for a smoke at work and being shocked back at my desk I'd missed the important phone call I was waiting for.

Cunt should be led out the back, pistol to the back of the neck, over. 

Very good analogy, Dayts min.

It's unforgivable for a keeper to be so far off his line at that point in the match. Fair enough if he had been given permission by the boss to go up for a set-piece in the last minute as Scotland are pressing for an equaliser but not 7 minutes into the second half. That's crazy. 

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

Thought they took their chances when we didn’t but again I thought John McGinn was crap. Did nothing the whole game again. 

Amazing how differently you see the game on TV compared to the ground - thought McGinn was one of our better players and one of the few looking to make things happen.

O’Donnell, Armstrong and Hendry however ?

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

A fair bit away from being a decent side at this level IMO.

That's no criticism of Clarke or the squad - we're just not good enough in most positions. It is what it is for now

Aye.  We're a few short. 

Goalie 

A centre back or two. 

A right back 

And a couple of strikers. 

Plenty midfielders to choose from and and an excellent left side though!