Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Was like me going for a smoke at work and being shocked back at my desk I'd missed the important phone call I was waiting for.

Cunt should be led out the back, pistol to the back of the neck, over. 

Very good analogy, Dayts min.

It's unforgivable for a keeper to be so far off his line at that point in the match. Fair enough if he had been given permission by the boss to go up for a set-piece in the last minute as Scotland are pressing for an equaliser but not 7 minutes into the second half. That's crazy. 

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

Thought they took their chances when we didn’t but again I thought John McGinn was crap. Did nothing the whole game again. 

Amazing how differently you see the game on TV compared to the ground - thought McGinn was one of our better players and one of the few looking to make things happen.

O’Donnell, Armstrong and Hendry however ?

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

A fair bit away from being a decent side at this level IMO.

That's no criticism of Clarke or the squad - we're just not good enough in most positions. It is what it is for now

Aye.  We're a few short. 

Goalie 

A centre back or two. 

A right back 

And a couple of strikers. 

Plenty midfielders to choose from and and an excellent left side though! 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Amazing how differently you see the game on TV compared to the ground - thought McGinn was one of our better players and one of the few looking to make things happen.

Thurso always looks to put the boot into McGinn. 

Wasn't one of his better games though.  We should have played Gilmour and let McGinn push on a bit. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye.  We're a few short. 

Goalie 

A centre back or two. 

A right back 

And a couple of strikers. 

Plenty midfielders to choose from and and an excellent left side though! 

CB's were good tonight I thought.  Think we have options there too!  Hanley lapsed for goal - difference between Championship and international level.  Outside of the missed header, I thought he was MOTM today.

Patterson is very good and will do well for us.

Need a goalie to step-up and a goalscorer to be fair.  Miles ahead of where we were 5 years ago.

• Haha 1
Just now, Sonoftherock said:

CB's were good tonight I thought.  Think we have options there too!  Hanley lapsed for goal - difference between Championship and international level.  Outside of the missed header, I thought he was MOTM today.

Need a goalie to step-up and a goalscorer to be fair.  Miles ahead of where we were 5 years ago.

Yup it’s a positive outlook surely? We have a good team, the arrogance of some of the cunts on here is beyond belief. Czech striker plays for Leverkusen, keeper plays for Sevilla etc. We bang on about England being arrogant and we think we have some right to win this game? 

We still have a chance. Clarke is better suited to setting up against Croatia and England. Instead we sit here slating the team.

Seriously this forum is full of idiots who have no idea about football.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Scotland started with a sh!tebag mentality (choice of team) and got what they deserved. This old negative 1 man up front nonsense has not got us anywhere in years. Clarke is another of the Craig Brown mould of coaching….boring as hell.

Thought they played ok created chances just couldn’t score 

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Hanley and Hendry are shite.

10 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Aye we're definitely a lot better than a few years ago.  Team is much younger in general and we've got a few coming through.

26 minutes ago, NEM said:

People keep saying McGinn is good but what did he actually do. Thought mctominny and Armstrong even christie were all better 

• Downvote 2
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye we're definitely a lot better than a few years ago.  Team is much younger in general and we've got a few coming through.

Only a lot of the time, we as a country think “he’s only 20, you can’t play him”.

Bollocks, get them in like other countries do.

I’d play Gilmour alongside McTominay in midfield. 

I’d play Patterson before O’Donnell too. 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

LOL.

LOL.

I find you amusing. Love your optimism though loon.

Cosgrove wouldn’t make it as a footballer and is terrible? Sold for millions. You fucked off when you made a cunt of yourself so be as well doing the same again. Literally clueless. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Depends what you class as decent level TBF. As I did win a Scottish Cup as a goalkeeper.

But hey I don't know what I'm speaking about.

Love when folk get uppitdy and angry after a few beers.

Correct, you don’t know what you are talking about. If you had played at a decent level you would.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
18 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yup it’s a positive outlook surely? We have a good team, the arrogance of some of the cunts on here is beyond belief. Czech striker plays for Leverkusen, keeper plays for Sevilla etc. We bang on about England being arrogant and we think we have some right to win this game? 

We still have a chance. Clarke is better suited to setting up against Croatia and England. Instead we sit here slating the team.

Seriously this forum is full of idiots who have no idea about football.

Surely that's the point - you say we have a 'good team' but you allude to Czech Republic having players at bigger European clubs.

FWIW - I dinna think Clarke or the squad could do much better (notwithstanding starting 11 revisionisms), but the fact remains that we're outclassed at this level. 

Fair fucks to them for effort but it's a long way off a positive outlook

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Only a lot of the time, we as a country think “he’s only 20, you can’t play him”.

Yup agree with this. We aren’t far away here, we have a good squad and could do well. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gilmour has to start.  We're not doing anyone any favours holding him back.  He's ready and he can run that midfield. 

And O'Donnell is so out of his depth and slow that you really couldn't do any worse by putting just about anyone else in that position 

To be fair to Clarke he's more open to bringing the younger lads in than say Strachan was.  He tried every player with a Scottish grannie playing in the English championship before finally giving guys like Armstrong a shot when he had no options left. 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

LOL.

Shit response. Weird cunt. 

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Surely that's the point - you say we have a 'good team' but you allude to Czech Republic having players at big European clubs.

FWIW - I dinna think Clarke or the squad could do much better (notwithstanding starting 11 revisionisms), but the fact remains that we're outclassed at this level. 

Fair fucks to them for effort but it's a long way off a positive outlook

We have plenty to play for. This constant doom and gloom outlook is bizarre. Gallagher is oldest outfield player in our squad. Plenty to be positive about, we had enough chances to win that and on another day we would. The weirdos who love to be negative will tell you different but we didn’t deserve to lose that game.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Obviously never been a goalkeeper at a decent level so no idea what you are talking about.

It doesn't take playing at a decent level to know that him being closer to the half way line than he was to his 18yard box is bad.  There's little to no benefit of him being there, if he was on the D of his box would still be in a good place to get to a ball over the top if needed and he'd have been in a much better spot for stopping that shot.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

It doesn't take playing at a decent level to know that him being closer to the half way line than he was to his 18yard box is bad.  There's little to no benefit of him being there, if he was on the D of his box would still be in a good place to get to a ball over the top if needed and he'd have been in a much better spot for stopping that shot.

Cmon to fuck. It was an unbelievable goal. 

• Dildo 2