Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

If Patterson and Gilmour started we win that game, even the hun 3rd keeper. We froze, totally unacceptable, they thought they'd won without playing the game.

O' Donnell should never wear the jersey again, fucking embarrassment and that's being kind to him. 

Change your avatar please. 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

He should never wear the Scotland shirt again, fuck is he doing at the half way line. I've never seen a keeper act like that. If that was a dons keeper I'd be screaming for the cunt to get back in his box and stop acting billy big bollocks, thankfully the keepers at Aberdeen know where I sit and would never risk it.

6-C9-F08-BD-5-BC8-478-C-A630-62-CA9-C6-Bfree image hosting

• Dildo 1
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

?  Impressive strike,  straight at the keeper. There should be a Kick Woman Out Of Football campaign,  the players could do an ironing gesture before kick off. 

I don’t want them kicked out, they can still come and watch, they can comment on the women’s game as much they want. The likes of Shelley Kerr and that Alex Scott ? have no knowledge or experience of men’s football and should stfu.

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Jesus, first time I've seen that picture. Tells us all we need to know about how much at fault the keeper is. No need to be that high up the pitch.

Some finish from the striker though, but Marshall saves it if he's even a few yards further back. The striker probably doesn't even attempt it if Marshall is a few yards deeper.

Piss poor.

As bad as Marshall’s positioning is that fucking carthorse Hendry shouldn't escape blame. Look at the space the player to his right is in and instead of a simple 5 yard pass the fucking mongo tries a shot from about 35 yards into a crowd of players ??‍♂️

That better be both players last game in a Scotland shirt 

58 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Marshall’s never been a great keeper. A good shot stopper, but not great at everything else.

There’s a reason he’s not played at top clubs.

I would think Marshall and Gordon will sack it after this tournament. Not sure who comes in as No.1 after that. McLaughlin surely won't be promoted even although he is a good keeper. 

Losing Tierney was massive. We have lots of "decent" players, but only a few "top class" ones, and if we lose even one or two of them we're badly affected. 

There wasn't much between the sides and I actually can't remember watching Scotland creating as many chances as that against a decent side before - we should probably have scored 3 or 4. The difference was the quality of the finishing.

O'Donnell is a decent SPL level player - he is out of his depth at international level. It's not his fault he gets picked - I actually felt a bit sorry for him out there today. He doesn't belong in an international side at a major championship. I've no idea how good the boy Patterson is, but I'd rather give him a crack at it than persevere with someone who clearly isn't up to it. I'd even be tempted to play Tierney or Forrest at right wing back instead of O'Donnell.

Also think we should give Adams the nod ahead of Dykes, and bring Gilmour in too. 

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

Adams looks a lot more effective to me. 

Yeah, Dykes has done well enough for Scotland, but he's a bit easy to defend against. Adams looks sharper and more dangerous. You can bring Dykes on towards the end if needs be.

I'd drop Christie as well and give Fraser a run out. 

Christie's best moment was when he jinked past a couple of chances only to be tackled in the opposition box by his own teammate, O'Donnell. Shambolic moment.

4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Losing Tierney was massive. We have lots of "decent" players, but only a few "top class" ones, and if we lose even one or two of them we're badly affected. 

There wasn't much between the sides and I actually can't remember watching Scotland creating as many chances as that against a decent side before - we should probably have scored 3 or 4. The difference was the quality of the finishing.

O'Donnell is a decent SPL level player - he is out of his depth at international level. It's not his fault he gets picked - I actually felt a bit sorry for him out there today. He doesn't belong in an international side at a major championship. I've no idea how good the boy Patterson is, but I'd rather give him a crack at it than persevere with someone who clearly isn't up to it. I'd even be tempted to play Tierney or Forrest at right wing back instead of Patterson.

Also think we should give Adams the nod ahead of Dykes, and bring Gilmour in too. 

We could have scored 2 or 3 today for sure. However they could also have had another couple of goals too. 
Brain fart aside, Marshall made a couple of decent stops. 
We played decently but we just lacked the quality in each area of the park to make the difference. 
Decision making and awareness were the difference today. Robertson hit his shot straight at the keeper. Low and to either side would surely have been better. Dykes with his chance the keeper saved, if he'd been a bit more aware that he could have taken a touch then placed that beyond the keeper. 

5 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

We could have scored 2 or 3 today for sure. However they could also have had another couple of goals too. 
Brain fart aside, Marshall made a couple of decent stops. 
We played decently but we just lacked the quality in each area of the park to make the difference. 
Decision making and awareness were the difference today. Robertson hit his shot straight at the keeper. Low and to either side would surely have been better. Dykes with his chance the keeper saved, if he'd been a bit more aware that he could have taken a touch then placed that beyond the keeper. 

Yeah, it was strange - not really the kind of game I expected. I thought they'd have all the possession, we'd sit back and try to hit on the break. We actually ended up with more possesstion, and significantly more efforts on goal (although a much higher percentage of theirs were on target). I think a draw would've been a fair reflection on the match, but at this level the difference is in these little things like you mention. 

20 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

O'Donnell is a decent SPL level player - he is out of his depth at international level. It's not his fault he gets picked - I actually felt a bit sorry for him out there today. He doesn't belong in an international side at a major championship. I've no idea how good the boy Patterson is, but I'd rather give him a crack at it than persevere with someone who clearly isn't up to it. I'd even be tempted to play Tierney or Forrest at right wing back instead of O'Donnell.

We have Gilmour and I think even the biggest hun hater would agree Patterson is better than O Donnell. Get the hun keeper in as well. Was a fucking shambles of a team that froze on the big screen. Considine would have been a huge improvement on that defence and wouldn't have shit himself.

Hope O'Donnell is at home hunting for a new career. 

5 hours ago, daytripping said:

We have Gilmour and I think even the biggest hun hater would agree Patterson is better than O Donnell. Get the hun keeper in as well. 

7 hours ago, daytripping said:

If Patterson and Gilmour started we win that game, even the hun 3rd keeper.

5 hours ago, daytripping said:

Fuck this gentlemans agreement as well, get fucking Tav in at right back.

Valiant effort Dayts, but no bites yet for your Hun love in.

6 hours ago, daytripping said:

We have Gilmour and I think even the biggest hun hater would agree Patterson is better than O Donnell. Get the hun keeper in as well. Was a fucking shambles of a team that froze on the big screen. Considine would have been a huge improvement on that defence and wouldn't have shit himself.

Hope O'Donnell is at home hunting for a new career. 

Hope O' Donnell never wears a Scotland shirt again. Would like to see Gilmour start against the feb .

Forrest was a huge upgrade when he came on. I said after the Netherlands game that he should start, he gives us so much more than O'Donnell. 

Baffling to me that McGregor never started too. 

Dykes just isn't good enough. The difference between him and Shick is huge and it won the Czechs the game. 

• Dildo 1

The sad reality is that Clarke is very similar to Craig Brown. He will look at the goals we lost and spend his full time and effort’s on how to avoid trying to lose these types again….a minimal time will be spent on how to attack England and that time will be from set pieces. 
No wonder Scottish football gets laughed at.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Forrest was a huge upgrade when he came on. I said after the Netherlands game that he should start, he gives us so much more than O'Donnell. 

Baffling to me that McGregor never started too. 

Dykes just isn't good enough. The difference between him and Shick is huge and it won the Czechs the game. 

McGregor is fucking shite.  Gilmour should have started

• Upvote 1

I would imagine Clarke will park the bus at Wembley with a game plan to get a 0-0 or sneak a 0-1 on the break. Tierney will be back so at least that will add a bit of pace to the back 3. He really needs to look at O'Donnell though as he will be embarrassed against the likes of Foden or Grealish at least the Young Hun has a bit of pace about him 

Just now, NEM said:

I know you’re a complete mongo but surely even you aren’t defending Marshall for yesterday? 

That’s the way keepers play nowadays. If the ball breaks in between the defence and attack he’s there to mop it up. The way the ball breaks perfectly into the strikers path and then for the striker to execute that finish is unfortunate for Marshall I think. Too simplistic to just say he’s too far off his line. 

5 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I would imagine Clarke will park the bus at Wembley with a game plan to get a 0-0 or sneak a 0-1 on the break. Tierney will be back so at least that will add a bit of pace to the back 3. He really needs to look at O'Donnell though as he will be embarrassed against the likes of Foden or Grealish at least the Young Hun has a bit of pace about him 

Surely play both tierney and Robertson but on either side similar to England in their first game with trippier

10 minutes ago, NEM said:

I know you’re a complete mongo but surely even you aren’t defending Marshall for yesterday? 

If you weren’t so thick you’d notice I was responding to Roberto with his own “if you’d played at a decent level” shtick. It’s gone right over your head though, much like Marshall yesterday. A lot of heads, actually.

However, goalkeepers are used more and more as outfield players now and expected to do a lot more with the ball at their feet so Im a bit surprised at the total shock some people appear to be in that a goalie was up the pitch and not standing in his line. While Marshall was quite far out of his goal I’m inclined to give the praise to the striker rather than slate Marshall for it. 

• Dildo 1
11 hours ago, DelMonte said:

So all keepers should model themselves on Neuer, a world class keeper who has probably been on the team favourite to win the game 90%+ of the games in his career?  It's a whole different mindset.  

A keeper who has found himself in a position where he needs to run back towards his goal for six seconds straight, and still not be on his goal line, has clearly made a bad choice.  It may take a lucky break and a ridiculous finish, but that doesn't excuse Marshall being in no man's land.    

As for the rest, clearly Scotland have some really good players just now, but they don't play in the positions where they can drag a team to victory themselves, and they really don't elevate the ability of the clearly inferior players in the squad. 

We matched the Czechs all over the pitch yesterday, but still lost 2-0 with Marshall making some decent saves.  That is because we can't stick the ball in the net.  We've got one player that has got more than 5 international goals - McGinn with 10 (and 5 of those have come in 2 games against San Marino and the Faroes).  We will never become a factor at tournaments like these unless we can develop better forward players.  Christ, our entire squad has 36 international goals to their name.  That's way less than all the other group teams in terms of a total in the squad and on a per cap basis for their outfield players.  

The future may be bright, but I don't see the young forwards and young keepers/central defenders that are going to have Scotland genuinely competing at the Euros or actually having us able to compete in World Cup qualifying. 

• Upvote 1