Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Given the attitude towards the knee taking gesture in this chat alone I’m not surprised at this stat at all.  

How anyone can claim that taking a symbolic gesture against racism is political is absurd.

This whole Marxist link is bullshit.

Would you class some one with has Conservative values as a Conservative even though they don’t support the group? 
So just because they believe that Black Lives Matter it doesn’t mean that they have they same values as the political group. Black Lives Matter is just the current slogan that is being used to highlight the current racist issues we have in society. 

Aye, I remember well all the booing and outrage against the 'Kick It Out' campaign over a period of 25 years. 

BLM are absolutely a political organisation. If you think any different, you simply haven't been paying attention.

2 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

This whole Marxist link is bullshit.

The Marxist link that they themselves explicitly made. Hmm.

Would you class some one with has Conservative values as a Conservative even though they don’t support the group? 

Not sure I totally followed that, but someone with conservative values is a conservative. A conservative can be a person who holds traditional morals and values, or a person belonging to a political party of few morals and values, so there is some risk of confusion between the two.

So just because they believe that Black Lives Matter it doesn’t mean that they have they same values as the political group. Black Lives Matter is just the current slogan that is being used to highlight the current racist issues we have in society. 

If there is a political group called Black Lives Matter it can't just be a slogan. There's no way to say "I support Black Lives Matter" and expect people to know you meant just the slogan, unless you're simply banking on them being ignorant of the political group. If you do support the sentiment and not the specific political group, the question then becomes "Why not?" and there's no way to discuss that without getting into politics.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Not sure I totally followed that, but someone with conservative values is a conservative. A conservative can be a person who holds traditional morals and values, or a person belonging to a political party of few morals and values, so there is some risk of confusion between the two.

If there is a political group called Black Lives Matter it can't just be a slogan. There's no way to say "I support Black Lives Matter" and expect people to know you meant just the slogan, unless you're simply banking on them being ignorant of the political group. If you do support the sentiment and not the specific political group, the question then becomes "Why not?" and there's no way to discuss that without getting into politics.

I mean, that's just complete bollocks. The whole "marxist" nonsense is just a distraction, an excuse those racist arseholes use to justify "booing", as if they give a fuck about an organisation primarily active in the USA.

1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

21 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

If someone says "I support Black Lives Matter", do they mean that they support "Black Lives Matter", or do they instead mean that they support "Black Lives Matter"? Presumably you can tell me which one means which with no chance of confusing the two. 

Yep, I can categorically tell you that millionaire footballers kneeling has fuck all to do with a Marxist organisation predominantly active in the USA. You'd have to be thick, racist or both to be "confused" by this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just because people are ambivalent to taking the knee doesn't mean that they are racist or not sympathetic to the cause of black people. 

The problem is that taking the knee for a lengthy period was never going to be the right approach here.  You've got to make statements that attract mass public interest then move on to the next thing fairly quickly to keep that level of interest and discussion high, otherwise it just becomes passé. 

Wilfred Zaha was right. It was absolutely the right time to start changing the message. 

Correct. 

Racism exists as does sexism, homophobia etc we don’t have a minutes silence before every game to remember war heroes, it gets done once a year.

The point has been made, absolutely no need to be doing it every fucking game.

Just now, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Not interested in this, or any of the Euros for that matter. Using this tournament as another way to ram even more of this BLM shite down everyones throat. Well the knee taking bastards can shove their tournament up their arse, i won't be watching. 

You're boycotting the entire tournament because of the taking a knee thing? 

Seems a tad over reactive. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Yes. I don't agree with them championing the blm movement and trying to ram something i don't agree with down my throat. I have principles that I won't bend on for anyone. 

Fair enough min. 

What about if Aberdeen continue to take the knee next season. What are you going to do then? 

2 hours ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Not interested in this, or any of the Euros for that matter. Using this tournament as another way to ram even more of this BLM shite down everyones throat. Well the knee taking bastards can shove their tournament up their arse, i won't be watching. 

55 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Yes. I don't agree with them championing the blm movement and trying to ram something i don't agree with down my throat. I have principles that I won't bend on for anyone. 

26 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Well what I've been doing is turning Aberdeen games on a couple of minutes in so i don't have to watch the knee stuff. That way I'm still making a protest. 

Lol. 

What a loser. 

• Upvote 4
  • Dildo 4
17 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Who is your favourite black person Mr Pipes....? 

I'm gonna say Dave Chappelle.  That guy kills.   Got tired of people saying he was a crackhead cos he was so skinny, went to the gym, bulked up like a beast, went on stage and slayed em.  Respect. 

Favourite black person is surely shay logan 

• Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Magnificent tunes.

White British father, black Jamaican mother.

That's my favourite.

If I had my way the place would be full of them. 

Genocidal maniac ^^^

6 hours ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

This is probably the most pathetic thing I’ve read on here.

Apart from every millermong post, of course ?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Fucks sake, unbelievable  to back up a Hibs interloper that incorrectly and crassly called a mans death that was fighting for his life at the time.

FFS get a grip

What are you actually angry about? A melodramatic reaction from grays? Must be more to it than that unless you’re mentally ill of course, which could be a strong possibility given your posting history. Just calm down and piss off. 

31 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

What are you actually angry about? A melodramatic reaction from grays? Must be more to it than that unless you’re mentally ill of course, which could be a strong possibility given your posting history. Just calm down and piss off. 

I just thought it was extremely crass posting incorrectly that Eriksen was dead when we were all waiting to hear the outcome.

who are you anyway?