New Stadium Public Consultation

9 minutes ago, eddiec said:

I cannot see how they can place it where the hotel and climbing place is now?

That area is bad enough now with queues getting in and out of the retail park and codona's and it would just be traffic chaos on a match day plus that added mayhem that would still take place at the Seaton roundabout and King St. There would be loads of objections and subsequent delays.

Stop shitting the bed! The land is literaIly 500 yards from Pittodrie, it would be absolutely no different from a normal game just now. Folk in Seaton, Urquhart Rd etc won't give a fuck. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eddiec said:

I cannot see how they can place it where the hotel and climbing place is now?

That area is bad enough now with queues getting in and out of the retail park and codona's and it would just be traffic chaos on a match day plus that added mayhem that would still take place at the Seaton roundabout and King St. There would be loads of objections and subsequent delays.

That’s the spirit! ??‍♂️

• Downvote 1

Turn the argument the other way.

Take public transport and make a day of it at the new beach leisure complex.

Driving in at 2.45* watching the game and fucking off home at 4.30pm is out dated.

in short, do what the yanks do and milk it.

And that’s just match days.  No reason you can’t extend the experience to non playing days for the tourism sector in the summer.

No, no we just can’t because it’s a bit busy at Mounthoolie.  Sakes.  Get a grip.

* I acknowledge the 2.45ers are ST and corporates, both of which currently bring in decent money.  People more able and paid more than me to get that balance right.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I presume you mean the extra facilities being at CP?  I agree.

A new building would need to be built at CP if we relocate to the beach as the facilities there are very basic and not what was envisioned in the long term plans. With the money invested by the trust my guess was that building was to be given to them when the stadium was built and the professional guys would move over to the stadium and possibly the youth academy would have half during the day and the Trust would have it all of the other time. Now there is more of a financial burden to the Club. If they go to the beach they have to pay the same cost for a stadium down there if they are gifted the land but still have to find the funds to create a new building up at CP for what they had planned for the first team in the Stadium up there.

2 hours ago, YipYip1903 said:

A new building would need to be built at CP if we relocate to the beach as the facilities there are very basic and not what was envisioned in the long term plans. With the money invested by the trust my guess was that building was to be given to them when the stadium was built and the professional guys would move over to the stadium and possibly the youth academy would have half during the day and the Trust would have it all of the other time. Now there is more of a financial burden to the Club. If they go to the beach they have to pay the same cost for a stadium down there if they are gifted the land but still have to find the funds to create a new building up at CP for what they had planned for the first team in the Stadium up there.

No reason the trust etc can’t operate out of the new ground. Trying to find problems that don’t really exist 

• Like 1

The facilities are fine. 

They've got a place to change and plenty of pitches. 

What else do they need? 

An indoor pitch in extremely severe weather?  There's a top class sports centre just along the road at Pittodrie they can use in that rare event. 

They were training at Balgownie a few years ago.  Now that's basic. 

49 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The facilities are fine. 

What else do they need? 

An indoor pitch in extremely severe weather?  There's a top class sports centre just along the road at Pittodrie they can use in that rare event. 

It was becoming a farce at the Sports village as they would be waiting to use it and folk were booked sometimes and running late. Wasn’t exactly ideal for a professional team.

But yes surely they could block book it. Nae doubt some fuckwit in the council with nae common sense.

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

It was becoming a farce at the Sports village as they would be waiting to use it and folk were booked sometimes and running late. Wasn’t exactly ideal for a professional team.

But yes surely they could block book it. Nae doubt some fuckwit in the council with nae common sense.

They've got a couple of all weather pitches out at Cormack Park?  Nae reason why they can't train outdoors unless it's absolute blizzard conditions. 

11 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The facilities are fine. 

What else do they need? 

Proper Physio rooms, proper recovery rooms, recreational facilities, a proper gym, their own indoor pitch. You seen what's actually there? For a professional team with ambitions it's basic

10 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They've got a couple of all weather pitches out at Cormack Park?  Nae reason why they can't train outdoors unless it's absolute blizzard conditions. 

1, they don't own those pitches and 2, once it gets below -4 or close to it they aren't playable as they just become an ice rink. All weather pitches up to a certain point I'm afraid

• Dildo 1

wasn't trying to be negative i'm as much in favour of a city centre location as anyone else but whilst it might sound like a good easy solution i doubt that it would happen any time soon after folk objected and there were enquiries and appeals etc etc think about the time it took to get the bypass built, there are also loads of flats there who would probably be a bit miffed about having a big feck off stadium outside their front doors.

Build it at the other end there's acres of flat empty ground between cat and dog home and the river which is presumable owned by the council or just bite the bullet and rebuild Pittodrie one stand at a time could easily block off Pittodrie St and build a new main stand which would go most of the way to what the club wants for corporate income anyway.

6 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Aye its bad when folk from outwith the city make an effort to follow thier local team and toonser cunts are huns and tims

It’s not their local team though is it? Plenty highland league and junior sides in the shire if they want to greet about travelling into Aberdeen to watch Aberdeen FC. The clues in the name 

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, NEM said:

It’s not their local team though is it? Plenty highland league and junior sides in the shire if they want to greet about travelling into Aberdeen to watch Aberdeen FC. The clues in the name 

I'm a toonser that now lives in the shire. My local team is Aberdeen. Plenty others have moved out of the city and support the Dins

23 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

So only allowed to support Aberdeen if your a rowie munching toonser?

No not at all.  Buttery munching tcheuchters are more than welcome but they've a cheek if they're complaining about having to travel to Aberdeen to watch Aberdeen FC

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

I'm a toonser that now lives in the shire. My local team is Aberdeen. Plenty others have moved out of the city and support the Dins

Fair enough.  You chose to move though - don't think you can expect the club to move to make it more convenient for you to attend.

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Fair enough.  You chose to move though - don't think you can expect the club to move to make it more convenient for you to attend.

Absolutely,  I don't make any expectations on the club to make my pre- and post travel more convenient. Indeed  I would travel to watch the Dons wherever they play.

I think the debate was surrounding more fans attending Pittodrie from the shire than from the town and that there are traffic issues at Pittodrie / beach.

I'm ambivalent to where they play, but the traffic issue is merely a moot point with regards the ability to improve the current impact.

Sounds like it doesn't impact you if you just walk to the games, but iirc that made up about 12% of the support with the remaining 88% take some sort of transport to get to the games.

3 hours ago, NEM said:

You'll have to remind me why that stops them having offices at the ground you fucking gimp

They will you idiot but that doesn't take anything away from my original point that the current building was only a stop gap until everything was built in the new stadium. A new building for the players will need to go up at Cormack Park as the current one isnt good or big enough and long term it was going to the Trust. Either you are too stupid to have been able to read between the lines regarding that or maybe you're just a fucking mong and think the players only need a little changing room and gym and it's all perfect. Probably one of the redeveloped pittodrie brigade no matter the amount of evidence that it can't be done ?‍♂️

• Dildo 2
3 hours ago, NEM said:

No not at all.  Buttery munching tcheuchters are more than welcome but they've a cheek if they're complaining about having to travel to Aberdeen to watch Aberdeen FC

So I guess the same applies for toonsers having to have the inconvenience of travelling 5 or so miles out of the city to the ground