Teddy Jenks

7 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Did you watch the game yesterday FFS? Browns still getting away with murder yet, could've easily been sent off yesterday.

Fuck off, Brown is a true professional, the only one at our club at the moment.

It's the USA experiment that isn't working, fucking jings, looks like he's never seen a ball.

• Upvote 1

It's almost as if his goal against Livi is enough to warrant even still being in the squad let alone the starting 11. As been said we have a ridiculous amount of centre-mids so no need to shoehorn them in to the team. January will be an interesting transfer window that for sure regardless if Glass is still somehow here or not

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No question (regardless of ref) that BOTH were clear yellow cards.

However those were 100% the type of things Brown would not have even had a warning for at Celtic & that still fkn irks me even now that he plays for us. 
I don’t expect our players to escape rightful punishment but I expect it equally the other way. 

Watch how many arse cheek players continue to escape warnings let alone cards for exactly those type tackles. THAT is where I get pissed off.

No question Jenks deserved both yellows. Both were dangerous & made contact. Those are metatarsal breakers.

He needs to go full Simpson, no fucking about, win the ball, ruin the player, no yellow. He gave the ref a decision. 

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

It's almost as if his goal against Livi is enough to warrant even still being in the squad let alone the starting 11. As been said we have a ridiculous amount of centre-mids so no need to shoehorn them in to the team. January will be an interesting transfer window that for sure regardless if Glass is still somehow here or not

The problem we have is that we will have promised loan players game time or they wouldn't be here. That isn't actually a problem the problem is scouts that recommended him to club when he isn't good enough. 

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

We should trade or draft jings for Bamford, Leeds striker, think he could do a job for us.

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

Fuck off, Brown is a true professional, the only one at our club at the moment.

It's the USA experiment that isn't working, fucking jings, looks like he's never seen a ball.

Agree 100%

I think all those people who said brown wouldn't get away with as much with us are seeing it different.

Brown never will hold back, he could break his leg in a challenge & get up again to play.

As for jenks, 1st yellow was nothing, 2nd was a yellow. But surely when your on a yellow you need to be abit more savvy as well. 

1 hour ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Agree 100%

I think all those people who said brown wouldn't get away with as much with us are seeing it different.

Brown never will hold back, he could break his leg in a challenge & get up again to play.

As for jenks, 1st yellow was nothing, 2nd was a yellow. But surely when your on a yellow you need to be abit more savvy as well. 

The 1st was nothing, the second was a soft yellow. Its not as if he went in reckless or dangerously. The opponent was just a fraction of a second quicker to the ball.

Talk about being a bit more savvy equates to not going for the ball then if you're on a yellow. Ludicrous.

7 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Bollox.

He never touched the boy Fraser for the first.

Collum was conned by his diving / squealing tactics

My biggest pet hate of modern fitba.

Would love to have seen the likes of Ronaldo and Arjen Robben in 80’s fitba.They would’ve had a reason to be down as if their leg was hanging off then.

Should be an instant yellow card if you squeal or shriek when tackled.Game will be non contact in years to come.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

The 1st was nothing, the second was a soft yellow. Its not as if he went in reckless or dangerously. The opponent was just a fraction of a second quicker to the ball.

Talk about being a bit more savvy equates to not going for the ball then if you're on a yellow. 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Talk about being a bit more savvy equates to not going for the ball then if you're on a yellow. Ludicrous.

Ludicrous it is I'm afraid. 

We all know how the game has changed nowadays. 

You won't be able to tackle your opponent soon. Games ruined.

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

If he wasn't so slow and incapable of controlling a football he wouldn't have needed to be lunging about trying to win it back. He got sent off because he's hopeless, not because he's particularly violent.

20 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

If he wasn't so slow and incapable of controlling a football he wouldn't have needed to be lunging about trying to win it back. He got sent off because he's hopeless, not because he's particularly violent.

This. 

Not even Glass defended him and said he should have remained on the pitch. 

Easy decision for Collum to make and he loves flashing the reds. 

not like we will miss him anyway. 

9 hours ago, slippers said:

The problem we have is that we will have promised loan players game time or they wouldn't be here. That isn't actually a problem the problem is scouts that recommended him to club when he isn't good enough. 

That's the worrying thing if the scouts thought he looked good,  doesn't exactly bode well for future signings 

9 hours ago, daytripping said:

We should trade or draft jings for Bamford, Leeds striker, think he could do a job for us.

Bamford!?? ? like the ambition mate

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Have we?

Why do people always say this, based on, well absolutely fuck all?

Who promised this?

Years ago, I was at a Dons game in corporate, a don legend was at our table.

Danny Ward had just signed on and we were talking about the finances of this type of deal.

He said he didn't know the in and outs of the Ward deal however it was common practice for the EPL team to send up a player (lets say 20k per week salary) to a SPL team and insist on game time,, if he played, SPL team paid 10% of wages, if they didn't play, 100% of wages. Obviously if they were injured, suspended etc. they wouldn't need to pay the 100%

Jenks hasn't played a lot of games, he's either costing us a fortune or there's different rules on this loan.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:22 AM, Don_Corleone said:

Probably the only good thing to come out of today’s game is that Jenks will likely never play for us again. 
Absolute dud.

100% this, he should have been sent on a rapid u-turn the minute he walked in the door with that stupid fkn ear-ring.

Hopefully we will never see him in a dons shirt ever again, just another absolute honking signing by Glass, and by fk there has been a fair few of them made 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Still think jenks offered more than Ojo. Plus he actually seemed to be in the right position. 

I can't see how he can make it at Brighton level though, looks miles off. 

You saw last season how that buffoon Shane Duffy joined Celtic on loan from Brighton. £2m loan fee plus covered half his wages. Bombed out the team after a few weeks as he was so bad....in a season where Celtic were pretty useless all round. Sent back to Brighton at the end of the season (after refusing their option to buy), where he's back in their team playing regularly.

Beyond the top 6 teams, the EPL is vastly over-rated 

I'd agree that Jenks has absolutely no chance of making it at that level. He'll be lucky to get a gig in the EFL once his contract runs out

4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

This kid is nowhere near as bad as some are making out. It's his first foray into professional men's football and he'll still be learning. 

He's been anonymous some games, other games he's affected play quite well. Definitely not ready to start every week but a decent player there for me. 

Fair comment but we really shouldn't be loaning players who aren't ready to start every week. Makes no sense. We have enough players who aren't good enough to play every week