Teddy Jenks

3 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

The only way we should take in loan signings is if we have an option to sign them.

What's the point in developing players for other clubs.

Well if they improve your team while they are here there is a definite benefit. Hector, Ward, Madisson & Christie certainly weren't pointless while here. But no chance the clubs would have put in a realistic option to buy.

But if you are taking one on board who just isn't good enough then I don't get it.

Obviously you aren't going to get your signings right all the time, so some loan players you might think will be good enough then it doesn't work out. But we seem to spend money bringing in ones who are clearly crap and won't be used an awful lot. I hoped that it was over! If they can't improve the team then give that space on the bench and extra minutes to a young Aberdeen player who might just make the step up...

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So he's a waste of money then as he can't be trusted to do the required job when called upon. 

And on top of that he's a loan so we get no benefit from his development if he does happen to be ready some time in the future. The upside is all with Brighton. 

Most clubs loan out players because they are'nt good enough and they are winding down the contracts.

Get some mug to take them.

Bit like we were trying to do but nobody would take them.

9 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Most clubs loan out players because they are'nt good enough and they are winding down the contracts.

Get some mug to take them.

Bit like we were trying to do but nobody would take them.

Aye, that as well. 

If he was any good you'd have thought Hibs would have taken him in loan considering they announced a partnership with Brighton in the summer. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

You saw last season how that buffoon Shane Duffy joined Celtic on loan from Brighton. £2m loan fee plus covered half his wages. Bombed out the team after a few weeks as he was so bad....in a season where Celtic were pretty useless all round. Sent back to Brighton at the end of the season (after refusing their option to buy), where he's back in their team playing regularly.

Beyond the top 6 teams, the EPL is vastly over-rated 

I'd agree that Jenks has absolutely no chance of making it at that level. He'll be lucky to get a gig in the EFL once his contract runs out

It's more the fact that we're getting their cheap knock-offs. If we were to take a player who is a regular in the Premier League, he'd likely cruise it in our league, but it's these fringe players that aren't good enough for even a Championship side that we should be avoiding. 

The boy that Dundee United (Dylan Levitt) have got on loan from Man U looks REALLY good. That's the kind of impact I expected Largestaff to have made. 

Is Ryan Duncan as good as Jenks? I doubt he could be any worse. Far better giving him the minutes than some guy from Brighton. I think Jenks will disappear in January, and Duncan (or whoever else does well in the youth team) will fill his place in the squad. Unless of course we're in a relegation dogfight, in which case we'll likely make a few more panic signings (most of whom will likely turn out to be equally garbage). 

We are going to have to spend big in January (loan/wages &/or fees) to fix this totally ramshackle mess of a squad Glass has assembled. Cormack will have to do so to save his man.

The movie trailer/title for the Glass first transfer window was X-Men Assemble.

Sadly the X part in the trailer was the one from family fortunes

27 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Is Ryan Duncan as good as Jenks? I doubt he could be any worse. Far better giving him the minutes than some guy from Brighton. I think Jenks will disappear in January, and Duncan (or whoever else does well in the youth team) will fill his place in the squad. Unless of course we're in a relegation dogfight, in which case we'll likely make a few more panic signings (most of whom will likely turn out to be equally garbage). 

Duncan away to Peterhead until January.

• 2 months later...

He looked really good when he came on. He did really well with his assist. He’s only 19 too. 

He’s shown signs/glimpses of this in other matches but clearly his confidence has been affected. I hope he stays with us until the end of the season. I think he has the potential to be a key player for us.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He hadn’t exactly set the bar high though ?

Probably could have brought someone on from south stand that could have cleared that bar height 

Aye bar not set high but he looks better in a more forward role, did well to help link up play and was quite direct in his running.

Wouldn't begrudge him getting a start over JET next week tbh

11 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Aye bar not set high but he looks better in a more forward role, did well to help link up play and was quite direct in his running.

Wouldn't begrudge him getting a start over JET next week tbh

JET does not deserved to be ditched for Jenks. We have looked a lot better the last 2 matches going forward and it is no coincidence JET was in that team. Jenks can’t do half the things JET brings to the table. Jenks is a mere squad player whilst JET is a key part to our new attacking philosophy.

16 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

JET does not deserved to be ditched for Jenks. We have looked a lot better the last 2 matches going forward and it is no coincidence JET was in that team. Jenks can’t do half the things JET brings to the table. Jenks is a mere squad player whilst JET is a key part to our new attacking philosophy.

JET had a good 45 minutes yesterday, can’t recall much in the first 15 of the second half that he did.

Jenks did really well interlinking when he came on for the last 30 mins, set up the 4th and was unlikely with his shot that squirmed under Alnwick and got stuck on the wet pitch

Theres room for both in the squad

45 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

We were up against it second half before JET was subbed off. Jenks gave us some energy. He’s a half decent player.

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

The proof is in the pudding…We score a lot more goals when JET is playing.

Jenks has been a horrific signing.

I reckon we dominated the game more and created more clear cut chances in the half hour or so that Jenks was on compared to the hour or so that JET was on.

And , the proof of the pudding is in the eating ya thick cunt

• Haha 1