Teddy Jenks

1 hour ago, redone said:

I reckon we dominated the game more and created more clear cut chances in the half hour or so that Jenks was on compared to the hour or so that JET was on.

And , the proof of the pudding is in the eating ya thick cunt

I will make it easier for you to understand as you obviously didn’t get a full education/or are not still getting a proper full education at the moment….

JET on the pitch = 3 goals

Jenks on the pitch = 1 goal 

Teddy Jenks had his best performance in a Dons strip yesterday but let’s no kid on that he has been nothing but a terrible signing. 

11 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s amazing the love for Teddy Jenks on here all of a sudden after nothing more than a reasonable 30 minutes or so he was on the pitch yesterday afternoon. The guy has been a terrible signing. You lot are easily pleased and lack awareness of what a good player actually is. 

It's the swings and roundabouts and extremes of football supporters. 

Players can go from being completely useless to the second coming in 45 minutes. Same with managers. 

The real truth normally comes out over a longer period.  Good players are consistently good most weeks. Shit ones tend to be shit most weeks. But both are capable of the odd really good or really bad performance which skews thinking. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's the swings and roundabouts and extremes of football supporters. 

Players can go from being completely useless to the second coming in 45 minutes. Same with managers. 

The real truth normally comes out over a longer period.  Good players are consistently good most weeks. Shit ones tend to be shit most weeks. But both are capable of the odd really good or really bad performance which skews thinking. 

Yep, I agree to an extent. I have judged Jenks over the time he had been at the club. The other posters have obviously only set eyes on him yesterday. It would explain a lot but since I am a very reasonable guy I will forgive their petulance once they acknowledge my superior ability of deciphering if Teddy Jenks from Brighton ( :gay:  ) has been a good signing or not.

WIll give Jenks some credit for decent performance when he came on yesterday. Other than his 30 minutes +/- yesterday he has been a totally awful signing. But maybe he can take some confidence from a half decent 30 minutes yesterday and he can kick on from there, I still have my doubts but happy to be proved wrong if he does kick on, but like I say apart from yesterday he has been gash.

Go on teddy ma loon prove me wrong.

12 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I will make it easier for you to understand as you obviously didn’t get a full education/or are not still getting a proper full education at the moment….

Teddy Jenks had his best performance in a Dons strip yesterday but let’s no kid on that he has been nothing but a terrible signing. 

I said before, JET had a very good 45 minutes. Other than a back heel in the second half he faded significantly, hence why he was swapped out on the 60th minute.

Jenks had a very good 30 minutes. Not as much flair as JET, but equality as incisive for the team.

Stats wise, you could say:-

JET had 1 assist from a deflected shot, otherwise all his flicks and tricks were outside the box. Not once testing Alnwick in 60 minutes

Jenks had an assist and forced Alnwick in a desperate save which was unfortunate to stick on the wet pitch otherwise he might have scored in 30 minutes.

From that stat, you could argue that Jenks was more effective in testing their keeper.

Its all just stats though, JET was very good much deeper yesterday on holding the ball up or laying it off for others to do the running. Jenks does give us more energy

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I said before, JET had a very good 45 minutes. Other than a back heel in the second half he faded significantly, hence why he was swapped out on the 60th minute.

Jenks had a very good 30 minutes. Not as much flair as JET, but equality as incisive for the team.

Stats wise, you could say:-

JET had 1 assist from a deflected shot, otherwise all his flicks and tricks were outside the box. Not once testing Alnwick in 60 minutes

Jenks had an assist and forced Alnwick in a desperate save which was unfortunate to stick on the wet pitch otherwise he might have scored in 30 minutes.

From that stat, you could argue that Jenks was more effective in testing their keeper.

Its all just stats though, JET was very good much deeper yesterday on holding the ball up or laying it off for others to do the running. Jenks does give us more energy

You could have just said that you agreed with me instead of posting all of the above. #save energy 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Maybe you should concentrate on not making an arse of sayings and proverbs, or even just stick to looking for proof in puddings. 

Or maybe actually GO to a Dons game now and again. You do actually get a better feel for how the game’s playing out compared to the armchair fans’s view.

12 minutes ago, redone said:

Maybe you should concentrate on not making an arse of sayings and proverbs, or even just stick to looking for proof in puddings. 

Or maybe actually GO to a Dons game now and again. You do actually get a better feel for how the game’s playing out compared to the armchair fans’s view.

I have been to 4 matches this season….does that make me more of a fan? Watched every other game on TV. It still gives me the ability to decide if I think Jenks has been a good signing or not. If you didn’t work it out already…I reckon he has been a poor signing. 

3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s amazing the love for Teddy Jenks on here all of a sudden after nothing more than a reasonable 30 minutes or so he was on the pitch yesterday afternoon. The guy has been a terrible signing. You lot are easily pleased and lack awareness of what a good player actually is. 

See the worst thing about guys like you is that even though you are shown or proven to be wrong, it never registers with you to speak less shite.

Jenks up until yesterday has been atrocious - plays like the invisible man. You wouldn't know whether he was on the pitch or not. Yesterday he was better - he put in an acceptable performance - nothing much more. We were playing a team that haven't won in ages, and we were already in the lead when he came on. So yes, he was better than he has been, but as others have said, that isn't saying much.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong and turn into a worldbeater, but I'm still predicting he'll not contribute much to us this season and will certainly never make it in the EPL based on what I've seen of him so far.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

WIll give Jenks some credit for decent performance when he came on yesterday. Other than his 30 minutes +/- yesterday he has been a totally awful signing.

Absolutely.

17 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Jenks up until yesterday has been atrocious - plays like the invisible man. You wouldn't know whether he was on the pitch or not. Yesterday he was better - he put in an acceptable performance - nothing much more.

Mostly agree, think he did well on Sat though.

Definitely not the norm tho'.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:33 AM, DelMonte said:

We were up against it second half before JET was subbed off. Jenks gave us some energy. He’s a half decent player.

Bang on. JET is a luxury and is as laconic as it gets. Nae one for the muck and bullets, or running in general. We were excellent 2nd half when Jenks came on. There was a 15 minute spell including the goal, where Jenks’ energy and ability were really clear. I think there’s a decent player in there. 

• Upvote 1
On 12/5/2021 at 1:05 PM, RED_JOHN said:

JET played well for 45 ffs ? 

It’s not one or the other but there is fucking no chance JET can play against Huns or Tims for example. He’s a luxury.