Teddy Jenks

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

For all the belittling the Scottish game gets, if he makes an impression up here then his overall game will be far superior when he first joined us. Looking at the success of the best players in the EPL, especially Scottish exports, they all have a level of tenaciousness, great work ethic and a lot of humility. Humble, hard working, snap into tackles and run their socks off, but also technically very good. Apart from being technically good, Jenks is lacking the other attributes. So, if he absorbs more of the Scottish game, he’ll return a far better player and be superior to his colleagues who are lacking the hunger and bite. It’s up to Jenks, and having someone like Scott Brown to learn from, he’ll never get a better chance to fix his game.

Is he technically good? I've not really seen much to suggest that. Haven't seen him play many killer passes, beat many opponents, show incredible close control etc. He's scored with a couple of snapshots basically - which possibly shows good technique, but given the lack of other efforts he's had on goal it's hard to tell whether they were just flukes that he hit cleanly and could just as easily have gone a mile over the bar.

If he is staying then I hope he proves me wrong. I just haven't seen anything to suggest he will.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Don’t think I’ve ever noticed this guy in a game. Makes Gary McDonald seem like a stand out performer 

Exactly. He's got a decent strike on him when he gets a chance once every 8 games, but he's got literally nothing else to offer. May as well not be on the park. Time to forget him and give someone like Connor Barron a chance - he looked lively and full of running in his little cameo the other day - he wanted to get involved rather than playing the invisible man role like Jenks does.

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Exactly. He's got a decent strike on him when he gets a chance once every 8 games, but he's got literally nothing else to offer. May as well not be on the park. Time to forget him and give someone like Connor Barron a chance - he looked lively and full of running in his little cameo the other day - he wanted to get involved rather than playing the invisible man role like Jenks does.

Couldn't agree more, he's had 1 half decent performance that I can think of, time to send him home and concentrate on our own emerging players. As others have mentioned, he offers nothing. 

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not having a Head of Recruitment in place until after the summer transfer window had ended, leaving Stephen Glass in charge of recruitment, is one of the worst decisions the club has made in recent years.

Aside from appointing Glass in the first place. 

Exactly! It was a big enough gamble without not having someone in to recruit! Alarm bells were ringing as soon as he said Gurr would surprise us all having never played first team football in his life! 

Wasn't the worst to pull on a red shirt but overall nowhere near the required quality 

I wish him all the best in his future career but doubt it will be with Brighton for a whole lot longer. Lower English leagues....maybe even non-league....beckon