Teddy Jenks

13 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Steve - from a couple of videos I saw of Jenks on YouTube it seemed he was playing quite an advanced role - is it possible that he could be deployed as a striker? I'm just wondering if that's another reason we've not seen another striker signed.

Not spoken to him in a few days as it's all been a bit of a whirlwind with pre-season so I'm not really privy to that info. Definitely more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive one imo.

7 hours ago, steve600rr4 said:

Not spoken to him in a few days as it's all been a bit of a whirlwind with pre-season so I'm not really privy to that info. Definitely more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive one imo.

Well that's good as was some chat he was a defensive midfielder and we've already got enough of them.

On 7/7/2021 at 4:41 AM, maryhilldon said:

EPL side Burnley couldn't get the better of a mediocre Dons team over 180 minutes a few years ago.  Megabucks Man City couldn't beat Celtic in 2 Champs League games around the same time.  

I remember it well 

“ one nil to the Sunday league “ 

13 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

I remember it well 

“ one nil to the Sunday league “ 

Ffs…are we turning into Hearts. All chuffed because we didn’t get beat in the normal 90 minutes in a cup tie? We got beat, knocked out the cup by a very very poor Burnley team. 
What an embarrassment!

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Ffs…are we turning into Hearts. All chuffed because we didn’t get beat in the normal 90 minutes in a cup tie? We got beat, knocked out the cup by a very very poor Burnley team. 
What an embarrassment!

tbf it was their best team in 60 years and possibly ever.  I take youre point re hearts tho. :)

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

What an embarrassment!

Did I say that,

no 

don’t use my post for further fishing / phishing 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

You mean besides being through on goal and being so slow a defender was able to get back and block his shot without even so much as a corner being given away. 

He’s pish. Let’s face facts. 

The keeper saved it.

He looked OK in the 1st half.

These guys need a run of 3/4 games to get up to speed.

No question (regardless of ref) that BOTH were clear yellow cards.

However those were 100% the type of things Brown would not have even had a warning for at Celtic & that still fkn irks me even now that he plays for us. 
I don’t expect our players to escape rightful punishment but I expect it equally the other way. 

Watch how many arse cheek players continue to escape warnings let alone cards for exactly those type tackles. THAT is where I get pissed off.

No question Jenks deserved both yellows. Both were dangerous & made contact. Those are metatarsal breakers.

Probably the only good thing to come out of today’s game is that Jenks will likely never play for us again. 

One of the slowest players I’ve ever seen, first touch is usually crap and second touch is usually a tackle as a result. Missed when clean through on goal because he was so slow. Sent off because he’s slow and can’t control a football. 

Absolute dud.

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No question (regardless of ref) that BOTH were clear yellow cards.

However those were 100% the type of things Brown would not have even had a warning for at Celtic & that still fkn irks me even now that he plays for us. 
I don’t expect our players to escape rightful punishment but I expect it equally the other way.

Watch how many arse cheek players continue to escape warnings let alone cards for exactly those type tackles. THAT is where I get pissed off.

No question Jenks deserved both yellows. Both were dangerous & made contact. Those are metatarsal breakers.

Did you watch the game yesterday FFS? Browns still getting away with murder yet, could've easily been sent off yesterday.

7 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Did you watch the game yesterday FFS? Browns still getting away with murder yet, could've easily been sent off yesterday.

Fuck off, Brown is a true professional, the only one at our club at the moment.

It's the USA experiment that isn't working, fucking jings, looks like he's never seen a ball.

• Upvote 1