Teddy Jenks

For today’s Teddy Jenks episode….can we now all agree I was spot on with my assessment of him after seeing him play after his first game. Wearing an earring and coming from Brighton certainly didn’t do him any favours but playing like a big girls blouse was the final straw. He is definitely one player I will be glad to see the back of at Aberdeen. Hope his fiat 500 doesn’t break down on his trip back down south. 

41 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

For today’s Teddy Jenks episode….can we now all agree I was spot on with my assessment of him after seeing him play after his first game. Wearing an earring and coming from Brighton certainly didn’t do him any favours but playing like a big girls blouse was the final straw. He is definitely one player I will be glad to see the back of at Aberdeen. Hope his fiat 500 doesn’t break down on his trip back down south. 

There’s only one thing we all agree on.

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well fuckwit, that went over your head. 

:hypno:

Look into my eyes Tommy. Keep concentrating and relax. You will start to get a feeling of tiredness. Don’t fight it….take deeper breathes but slowly Tommy. 
When you hear a click of fingers imagine you are a clever boy….imagine the life changing circumstances. 
Wake up Tommy, wake up.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:47 PM, RED_JOHN said:

Oh John. 

He got the winning goal today so fair play to him - but let's be honest, it was a handball and shouldn't have been a goal. Other than that I can't recall him doing a single thing in the game. McLennan was more involved in the lesser time he was on and JET was significantly better during the time he had.

Like I say, great that he got the goal, but he's still done nothing to impress me, so I've not changed my mind about him yet.

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

He got the winning goal today so fair play to him - but let's be honest, it was a handball and shouldn't have been a goal. Other than that I can't recall him doing a single thing in the game. McLennan was more involved in the lesser time he was on and JET was significantly better during the time he had.

Like I say, great that he got the goal, but he's still done nothing to impress me, so I've not changed my mind about him yet.

You are going to get some abuse now Don….they don’t like Teddy getting any criticism here. The fiat 500 brigade will have the torches burning whilst searching you out.

17 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

You are going to get some abuse now Don….they don’t like Teddy getting any criticism here. The fiat 500 brigade will have the torches burning whilst searching you out.

I'm happy to be proven wrong over the course of the season - of course I want the lad to do well. I won't be jumping on any bandwagons until I actually get some evidence that he's a good player - a handball and snapshot isn't enough for me. He was like the invisible man again other than that. 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Doesn’t say much for Glass’s judgement.

3 loans & all cut short. 

Jenks got the most game time and made the most impact, and he was completely invisible for 90% of the time he was on the park.

Definitely better to punt them all back to their parent clubs. These guys are no better than the youngsters we've already got at the club. 

Loan signings should only be made if 1) it's a talented player we couldn't afford to sign and who has at least some first team experience elsewhere - ie Maddison, Christie (although shouldn't loan from same league), Ward, Lowe etc or 2) it's temporarily filling a gap in the squad until players can be brought in permanently. Absolutely no point bringing in guff like the three we've had just to have them sitting on the bench.

I would expect we might get another one loanee joining us in this window, probably another useless youngster from a "big club" down south. 

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Jenks got the most game time and made the most impact, and he was completely invisible for 90% of the time he was on the park.

Definitely better to punt them all back to their parent clubs. These guys are no better than the youngsters we've already got at the club. 

Loan signings should only be made if 1) it's a talented player we couldn't afford to sign and who has at least some first team experience elsewhere - ie Maddison, Christie (although shouldn't loan from same league), Ward, Lowe etc or 2) it's temporarily filling a gap in the squad until players can be brought in permanently. Absolutely no point bringing in guff like the three we've had just to have them sitting on the bench.

I would expect we might get another one loanee joining us in this window, probably another useless youngster from a "big club" down south. 

I fully agree on bringing on our own youth rather than other teams. But it’s very difficult to differentiate between a Ward/Maddison and a Jenks/Longstaff. 
All four players could have went either way. A lot down to attitude and luck. 

• Upvote 1

Gave us a couple of cracking goals that we will remember for at least another month

If he had stayed till the end of the season I wouldn't have been too concerned but for everyone's sake it's probably best all round he leaves now and fixes himself up another loan down south. But fully expect to see his name on the vidiprinter in a year or two's time scoring for Boreham Wood or the likes.