Sign in to follow this  
Roberto

Scotland 0 - 0 England

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think he's had quite a number of solid games for Scotland to be honest. 

Wonder if he'll get a move this summer? I will be stunned if Aberdeen find a better right back. Although I heard about one of our right backs scoring a 91st minute equaliser for Venezuela the other day!

He signed a new contract with Motherwell only a few weeks ago. They'd want a fee that only the arse cheeks could afford now.

I agree he was excellent on Friday but I'm still glad we didn't sign him. When he's bad, he's a liability. 

11 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ok. And what about the dressing room and the team bus? 

No idea. I've no idea if they were in "close contact" in any of those places either. I've only saw them on the pitch. 

I'm sure Public Health England will be looking in to it all. 

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

Indeed, how the fuck can he not have been in close contact with the whole Scotland squad and probably most of the English players on the pitch.

Cos it's all a load of fucking nonsense (whine) 

39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He signed a new contract with Motherwell only a few weeks ago. They'd want a fee that only the arse cheeks could afford now.

I agree he was excellent on Friday but I'm still glad we didn't sign him. When he's bad, he's a liability. 

I think he is absolutely our level of player. Not one we'd move on for money, but one that would play decent week in week out. Pretty much a replacement for Logan.

Was decent for Kilmarnock too and look at the state of them since he left. Seemed to be a very McInnes signing as well, strange we never made a move for him. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No idea. I've no idea if they were in "close contact" in any of those places either. I've only saw them on the pitch. 

I'm sure Public Health England will be looking in to it all. 

Fair enough. 

14 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think he is absolutely our level of player. Not one we'd move on for money, but one that would play decent week in week out. Pretty much a replacement for Logan.

Was decent for Kilmarnock too and look at the state of them since he left. Seemed to be a very McInnes signing as well, strange we never made a move for him. 

Someone on here has repeatedly said he had no interest in working with McInnes. Works with O'Donnell's Mrs (apparently). 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Toss up between McTominay (Cooper back in?) and Armstrong

Keep the team as similar to the England game as possible. Armstrong to simply replace Gilmour and keep the defence the same.

23 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Keep the team as similar to the England game as possible. Armstrong to simply replace Gilmour and keep the defence the same.

Agreed. Least upheaval.

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

We did try 18 months back. The player made it very clear he would not be joining us under any circumstances ( absolutely detests us) so it came to nothing

45 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We did try 18 months back. The player made it very clear he would not be joining us under any circumstances ( absolutely detests us) so it came to nothing

Doesn’t add up

how can someone hate a club so much they wouldn’t take the step up and the extra money? 

either way, fuck him!

25 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Doesn’t add up

how can someone hate a club so much they wouldn’t take the step up and the extra money? 

either way, fuck him!

I wouldn’t sign for the huns regardless of how shite a club I was at 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Is he a rabid hun or something?

Surname suggests unlikely?

Confusing.

Ah. The sleekit manager?

Was he not here as a youngster?  Maybe he bears a grudge for being let go. 

Unlike Kenny McLean who was happy to come back. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was captain of the U-17's and left 2009 and went to Celtic.

I don't know if he left under a cloud.

1 minute ago, shut up meg said:

Cheers. Scratch that then. Seems like he left under his own steam. 

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Surname suggests unlikely?

Confusing.

Ah. The sleekit manager?

Yeah you can be sure he isn't a hun.......

We released him at 17 and supposedly told/advised him to go back to school. He didn't.....he joined Celtic but only lasted 2 years there before they too let him go.

Whether our treatment of him caused his hatred of us is up for debate but his wife has quite a high powered job in banking and although his preference was to move south to the Championship when he left Killie, no suitable offers came in. If he was staying in Scotland, he wanted it to be with a club in the central belt so she didn't have to give up her job.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Yeah you can be sure he isn't a hun.......

We released him at 17 and supposedly told/advised him to go back to school. He didn't.....he joined Celtic but only lasted 2 years there before they too let him go.

Whether our treatment of him caused his hatred of us is up for debate but his wife has quite a high powered job in banking and although his preference was to move south to the Championship when he left Killie, no suitable offers came in. If he was staying in Scotland, he wanted it to be with a club in the central belt so she didn't have to give up her job.

Ah, cheers mins.