Jack Gurr signs 1 year deal

1 hour ago, 1903Fitba said:

This is what some of you cunts pay DNA money for. 

I could go to my local park on a Sunday and find a better player ffs. 

I pay dna money because I can’t justify a season ticket. Like most of the other people up this way who pay dna

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Sonic said:

There's something really rotten about the way things are being done.  Probably legal yet highly irregular.  Definitely not in our clubs interests and no wonder DM was happy to to leave sooner rather than later.  If Jack Gurr ends up back on an Atlanta contract at the end of this one, I'm calling Panorama.

I bet you DM was not as happy as I was when the boring fucker left.

14 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Whilst you may be proven right, have you thoroughly scouted and assessed the guy in order for you to make this statement?

Jon Gallagher (same age) had played more games (and at a higher standard) than this lad prior to signing for us. 

There’s my research. He’ll be shite. 

Only a few days ago Glass was saying he wouldn't be signing anyone for the sake of it and if anyone else comes in, it's because they are right for us. 

Looking at Jack Gurr's CV, I struggle to see how this fits in with that plan. But Glass knows the player a lot better than me.

• Dildo 1

It depends on the sport, but the NAIA does offer scholarships. There are 3 divisions of NCAA. D3 does not offer any athletic scholarships. D2 will offer full and partial rides. D1 tends to be full rides but they do walk ons too.

In basketball there are a few NAIA schools that could take it to some NCAA D1 schools. Less regulations and BS in the NAIA and more people outside of elite NBA and NFL draft picks are probably good with that. Get a free or cheap private school education and feature in your sport. NAIA is great for that.

The NCAA just lost a big case in the supreme court too.

But yea AFC just picked up some ATL UTD trash. Maybe needed cheap depth at FB but another mid table type move IMO

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Pretty much the way I'm looking at it. Wouldn't imagine he'll be on a huge wage (A lot less than Logan), it's a one year deal so if it doesn't work out then no massive drama. 

Best of luck to the boy. 

Financially no massive drama but how many of these signings are we going to make before we are getting pumped by St Mirren

Jackie Gurr said it was 'Union Street' 
I kind of love you 
Yes it knocks me off my feet 
Let it all come down 
Oh let it all come down 
And you know I'm so wired up 
Im here to Win the Scottish cup 
Let it all come down 
Oh let it all come down 
Now watch this

Toodle langa langa toodle langa fang 
I'm in heaven 
I'm in heaven 
I'm in heaven when you smile 
And when you walk down merlkland street 
It makes my heart go boom boom boom

24 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Jackie Gurr said it was 'Union Street' 
I kind of love you 
Yes it knocks me off my feet 
Let it all come down 
Oh let it all come down 
And you know I'm so wired up 
Im here to Win the Scottish cup 
Let it all come down 
Oh let it all come down 
Now watch this

I'm in heaven 
I'm in heaven 
I'm in heaven when you smile 
And when you walk down merlkland street 
It makes my heart go boom boom boom

I had the pleasure of seeing the TOTP episode live where some comic genius sticks up pictures of the at the time reigning world darts champion behind Dexy's as they're belting out (miming) the tune.

Years later Kevin Rowland came out and said it was actually the band's idea and they told the producer to do it. Mike Read says he's lying..

5 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Only a 1 year deal - Glass must see it as a bit of a gamble. Hope he does well.. quite a large step up for him, let’s see what he can do. 

the university he went to is not NCAA, it’s NAIA, which I’m not even sure what that means. then to USA third division (?), second division, and briefly with ATL United.. quite a journey to get to Scotland. 

rooting for him. it would be quite the signing if it works out. 

Or allows Ramsay another year to develop into our permanent right back

4 hours ago, PondHopper said:

It depends on the sport, but the NAIA does offer scholarships. There are 3 divisions of NCAA. D3 does not offer any athletic scholarships. D2 will offer full and partial rides. D1 tends to be full rides but they do walk ons too.

In basketball there are a few NAIA schools that could take it to some NCAA D1 schools. Less regulations and BS in the NAIA and more people outside of elite NBA and NFL draft picks are probably good with that. Get a free or cheap private school education and feature in your sport. NAIA is great for that.

The NCAA just lost a big case in the supreme court too.

But yea AFC just picked up some ATL UTD trash. Maybe needed cheap depth at FB but another mid table type move IMO

My son graduated from an NAIA college last year having had a 4 year scholarship.. He reckons that the better NAIA colleges would probably be the equivalent of lower NCAA D1 teams and higher NCAA D2 teams. Bit of dad-bragging here, my son was voted onto the NAIA All-American team.

• Upvote 1