Jack Gurr signs 1 year deal

Id rather we sign players with potential from the smaller Scottish teams, like Ferguson and Nisbett, than signing guys that can't even get a game for Atlanta. Dross. Lazy as fuck signings. 

Looks like he's played the majority of his football for a team called Georgia Gwinnett Grizzlies ffs. Go Grizzlies! 

7 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

My son graduated from an NAIA college last year having had a 4 year scholarship.. He reckons that the better NAIA colleges would probably be the equivalent of lower NCAA D1 teams and higher NCAA D2 teams. Bit of dad-bragging here, my son was voted onto the NAIA All-American team.

It depends on the sport, but I agree that it varies. In some sports there is an NAIA 1 and 2 level. In basketball there are a few schools with D1 level programs. In part because they will take on talent with baggage and the rules are more lax. 

No way an NAIA 2 team hangs with an NCAA 2 because the NCAA has more scholarships to dish out.

But congrats, the naia also has mostly student athletes focusing on school 1st.

7 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

My son graduated from an NAIA college last year having had a 4 year scholarship.. He reckons that the better NAIA colleges would probably be the equivalent of lower NCAA D1 teams and higher NCAA D2 teams. Bit of dad-bragging here, my son was voted onto the NAIA All-American team.

So are you saying your son might get a gig with Brechin city at best? 

5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

'Pellet'?  That's a really shit insult,  what does it even mean? 

I always had .22 pellets for my air rifle, but can't see how that would be an insult.

It does appear so, the shit insult bit.

TOP DEFINITION

The food for or excrement of small rodents such as the guinea pig.
"Eat a pellet, make a pellet, eat a pellet, make a pellet!"

or

Something which falls pathetically short of being acceptable.

or maybe this one:

a bitter person, who is difficult to deal with
I was trying to help, but he was such a pellet about it I gave up.

and back to scat

No, not the one which comes out of a gun, but out of your bum. When the solidity of a turd breaks down in to smaller fragments. The scientific name of a fragment is a pellet.
I had an AK47 up my ass which fired so viciously it sprayed the toilet and walls with many a pellet.
by back scuttle man October 23, 2003

or

Pellet is a dude in sweden who lives his life in slow motion! We call these slowmo living guys pellets or runksepe!

12 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

How? He's nae on loan it's a permanent deal.

Cos Cormack wants to prove the Atlanta connection worthwhile & that their rejects are good enough to play regular for us. Loanees or permanents. 
Gurr better be dropped for Ramsay if he is indeed as shite to average as I expect. Unless he pleasantly surprises me

9 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Id rather we sign players with potential from the smaller Scottish teams, like Ferguson and Nisbett, than signing guys that can't even get a game for Atlanta. Dross. Lazy as fuck signings. 

Looks like he's played the majority of his football for a team called Georgia Gwinnett Grizzlies ffs. Go Grizzlies! 

This. Investing into young and promising players means we can potentially gain a bit of money for it selling them on later down the line. McLean, Cosgrove, McKenna and probably Ferguson now too being examples.

These loans are lazy and also lose lose for us. They're either going to be crap or if they are any good, Atlanta are just going to take them back and we'll get nothing for it.

Very short term approach just for the sake of Dodgy Dave impressing his yank pals.

Slowly becoming like Hearts did under Mad Vlad with all these loans. 

19 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Happens a lot in American sport. The player's salary counts towards the salary cap allocated to the teams. If they sign a dud, they have to release the player from the club to free up cap space when they are close to the limit of the cap. Until the player signs for someone else they still have to pay him but he's at least officially off the books cap wise so they can then sign another player with the freed up cap space. 

It happens even more frequently in the NFL.......and there you aren't looking at salaries in the $100-300k range, more like $3million upwards

So it's not just AFC and SPL wages you're an expert on. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, G31DON said:

So are you saying your son might get a gig with Brechin city at best? 

It’s difficult to say at what level he would likely play in Scotland. We live overseas and similar to the USA there’s no proper pyramid system , so difficult to gauge his actual level. He’s also planning to live in the states, so that dream move to Aberdeen is unlikely! I think if he was to come back to Scotland that highland / lowland league or division 2 would likely be his level.

7 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

I always had .22 pellets for my air rifle, but can't see how that would be an insult.

It does appear so, the shit insult bit.

TOP DEFINITION

The food for or excrement of small rodents such as the guinea pig.
"Eat a pellet, make a pellet, eat a pellet, make a pellet!"

or

Something which falls pathetically short of being acceptable.

or maybe this one:

a bitter person, who is difficult to deal with
I was trying to help, but he was such a pellet about it I gave up.

and back to scat

No, not the one which comes out of a gun, but out of your bum. When the solidity of a turd breaks down in to smaller fragments. The scientific name of a fragment is a pellet.
I had an AK47 up my ass which fired so viciously it sprayed the toilet and walls with many a pellet.
by back scuttle man October 23, 2003

or

Pellet is a dude in sweden who lives his life in slow motion! We call these slowmo living guys pellets or runksepe!

Well fuck me,  I'm clearly not down with the yoot. Never heard anyone use it as an insult. 

On 6/22/2021 at 9:51 AM, maryhilldon said:

Well fuck me,  I'm clearly not down with the yoot. Never heard anyone use it as an insult. 

I'll never use 'pellet' as an insult... but I am interested in slow-motion Swedish people. 

Now I need to find out all about Runksepe.

55 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

If I was successful in posting images, my original post had Gurr's image alongside one of Bernard from The Rescuers - they are dopplegangers.

What a set of front gnashers he has. Luis suarez comes to mind. Hope he has a bit bite about him

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah. Not just all Gurrrrrrrrr

I hope the young lad does well. Quite a few have written him off before he has kicked a ball for us. 
The only problem is having too many English players in the team. When he was signed we should have been made to ditch Joe Lewis or some other English nomad. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1