Rebuilding the Team

2 hours ago, C'monEweReds said:

I can't get my head around this defence that has been put together for the season. It's lacking so much quality and depth it's scary. 

Considine - Don't like speaking bad of the lad but getting on a bit now and may not have the same quality.

Gallagher - Good signing, solid.

Gurr - Who the fuck even is he, played 36 competitive games and h's 25.....

Devlin - Pointless even discussing his quality's he'll be injured by September. Cannot understand why he has a new deal, shocking.

Ramsay - Seems a great prospect, 17 years old we can't be relying on him 

Mackenzie- Another young lad, 21,  but should be starting to cement his place in the team

Shambles man. Midfield and attacking positions pretty well covered, few dinosaurs in Mcginn and Hayes but still got the quality. 

Tough season ahead unless we sort out that defence. 

The only thing I’d take you up on…

Devlin won’t be “injured by September”. 

For the simple reason the cunt won’t be fit by then. 

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 1

3 hours ago, C'monEweReds said:

I can't get my head around this defence that has been put together for the season. It's lacking so much quality and depth it's scary. 

Considine - Don't like speaking bad of the lad but getting on a bit now and may not have the same quality.

Gallagher - Good signing, solid.

Gurr - Who the fuck even is he, played 36 competitive games and h's 25.....

Devlin - Pointless even discussing his quality's he'll be injured by September. Cannot understand why he has a new deal, shocking.

Ramsay - Seems a great prospect, 17 years old we can't be relying on him 

Mackenzie- Another young lad, 21,  but should be starting to cement his place in the team

Shambles man. Midfield and attacking positions pretty well covered, few dinosaurs in Mcginn and Hayes but still got the quality. 

Tough season ahead unless we sort out that defence. 

Considine - As a left sided centre half, he’ll be decent enough. He showed not long ago for Scotland he had the quality to do a decent job. Probably not able to be the LWB role he was played in at times, but not likely to be there in Glass’s formation. Think he’ll be fine till the winter window at least. McCrorie whom you’ve not mentioned I would not be surprised if he grew into a role alongside Gallagher.

Ramsay - were not relying on him, he is the 2nd / 3rd choice cover for RB and will get occasional opportunities.

McKenzie - should be starting as our left back of choice. Adequate cover with Hayes able to slot in there if needed.

The risk in defence is CH cover. We go into the match tomorrow without any recognised cover with Gallagher suspended. Sure he’ll be back for next week, but a signal that we will be stretched if we do pick up injuries / suspensions as we inevitably will do so. We can’t rely on Devlin. It’s why I think we will move nearer the end of the window (unless there is a youngster that could step in and cover)

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Caixinha was an absolute idiot though?

He's always done well managing in Mexico.

As I said, I think McInnes would have been given 18 months to 2 years. At that point, sevco were still operating on a relative shoestring compared to Celtic so I really cannot believe that DM would have won them a trophy. 

That they started to make inroads on Celtic and eventually overtake them under Gerrard I still think was more down to Celtic appointing Lennon on the cheap, who truly is a buffoon., rather than any great genius on Gerrard's part

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

As I said, I think McInnes would have been given 18 months to 2 years. At that point, sevco were still operating on a relative shoestring compared to Celtic so I really cannot believe that DM would have won them a trophy. 

That they started to make inroads on Celtic and eventually overtake them under Gerrard I still think was more down to Celtic appointing Lennon on the cheap, who truly is a buffoon., rather than any great genius on Gerrard's part

Proofs in the pudding, how many clubs have came in for Gerrard ?, after winning his first title, doing well in Europe?

nobody, not one team.

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I've met him and he's a fine guy. Doesn't come across as being up his own arse at all.

A didn’t get that at all, a thought he was just honest, enjoyed listening to that last night and hope to catch some more.

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

A didn’t get that at all, a thought he was just honest, enjoyed listening to that last night and hope to catch some more.

Seemed okay, swore a lot, but had some fairly obvious incorrect memories of the Dons.

All over the place on dates and events.

Particularly the Derek Hamilton bit.

Don’t mind Hunter but he does go on a bit and tends to just go off on tangents. Overall it was a good podcast though and enjoyed it, the 3 lads seem to speak a fair bit of sense, they will need to cut it down a bit of doing it every week as 3 hours was a long listen. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Sadly have to agree with this, albeit you can’t downplay Gerard/Beale’s role completely.

The door was left ajar (personally I feel deliberately) and they cantered through it.

10 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Seemed okay, swore a lot, but had some fairly obvious incorrect memories of the Dons.

All over the place on dates and events.

Particularly the Derek Hamilton bit.

I thought he got the Derek Hamilton Hun game timeframe correct - 78 was it not? 3-2 victory?

What a game that was, 2 late goals to send them fucking cunts homewards, to stink again.

3 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I wonder if Ngwenya is going to be backup CB this season. Presumably he's going to be on the bench tonight. 

Aye he's on the bench. Just got the bad news that I've been left out despite us naming 12 subs tonight.

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I thought he got the Derek Hamilton Hun game timeframe correct - 78 was it not? 3-2 victory?

What a game that was, 2 late goals to send them fucking cunts homewards, to stink again.

1980. Its on Team of the Decade when we won the league in 1980. 

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Ah ok. So John Greig got sent off in 78 but this was a different game. 

Whatever happened to Derek Hamilton? Seemed to disappear soon after the league title triumph in 1980.

Stayed with us until 1983!! Only played 34 matches for us in 5 years but joined St Mirren and stayed 6 years there, was in their SC winning side in '87

I was saying a couple of times on here this summer it would be great if Glass could bring even one of Ojo, McGeouch, McLennan and Kennedy back to life. Those four being the four I deemed to be the deadwood in the squad (i'll not mention Devlin as he's not registered yet).

I'm not counting any chickens but it doesn't look like we'll be paying Ojo up his contract (or subsidising a loan for McLennan) in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Last night was brilliant and I feel a lot more confident now of a good season ahead even if one swallow doesn't make a summer. It wasn't like we were playing a minnow from a really poor league. Still think we need a couple of players in yet if we are hoping to play to that standard on a regular basis. Honestly been buzzing all day about how good we played. Wasn't fully convinced Glass can deliver the football he has been talking about - perhaps he can. Its a start anyway!

On 7/22/2021 at 5:19 PM, sooth_stander said:

Nah it was 1980.

He said Hamilton scored a hat trick, but he just scored one.

Granted it was a last minute winner into the Beach End gleefully lapped up by a delirious wee muttonhumper. ?