Rebuilding the Team

56 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine Hayes

Brown

Hedges Ferguson Jenks / McGinn

JET Ramirez

hedges and Jenks / mcginn aren’t playing as wingers, but in the pockets, with mcCrorie and Hayes bombing on to provide the width. Brown sits, allowing Ferguson to play box to box. 2 up top linking with each other as neither has the pace to play up top on their own.

“In the pockets”

”bombing on”

”up top”

You've swallowed the Sky Sports phrase book, haven’t you? 

You missed out “run the channels” & “break the lines”, but you’ll get there 

• Dildo 1

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“In the pockets”

”bombing on”

”up top”

You've swallowed the Sky Sports phrase book, haven’t you? 

You missed out “run the channels” & “break the lines”, but you’ll get there 

Forgot to mention, we'll be playing a high press, with a low block (whatever any of that means!) 

Just trying to work out how Glass is going to play the attacking, exciting football he and Cormack have promised with the squad we've got. I think he'll go two up top, but I don't see it being a straight forward 442. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

What are the others, Sir Alex?

That to me is the best we can do with the players we've got. I'm not saying it's particularly great though!

Aye OK I'll grant leniency based on that comeback.

Age and (related) pace are the two absolutely screaming deficiencies that I see.  But if experience sees us 2-0 up and we are good enough to then sit in, who cares.

Just feel we need legs.  

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Aye OK I'll grant leniency based on that comeback.

Age and (related) pace are the two absolutely screaming deficiencies that I see.  But if experience sees us 2-0 up and we are good enough to then sit in, who cares.

Just feel we need legs.  

The age thing itself isn't an issue for me, but absolutely agree with you on the lack of pace thing (and I understand your point about the connection between the two). 

Recruitment “almost finished” - quote from Stephen Glass from tonight’s 7pm update.

Suggests 1 more player to come in, 2 max?

4-1-4-1

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine MacKenzie             
                              Brown 

Hedges Ferguson Jenks Hayes 

Ramirez 

Subs: Woods, Ramsay, Gurr, McGeouch, Campbell, Kennedy, McLennan, McGinn, Emmanuel-Thomas

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Recruitment “almost finished” - quote from Stephen Glass from tonight’s 7pm update.

Suggests 1 more player to come in, 2 max?

4-1-4-1

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine MacKenzie             
                              Brown 

Hedges Ferguson Jenks Hayes 

Ramirez 

Subs: Woods, Ramsay, Gurr, McGeouch, Campbell, Kennedy, McLennan, McGinn, Emmanuel-Thomas

Thomas will be starting WW. 

Everything we've heard from Glass suggests he'll be in the team. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ll see.

He never started 2 up front in any games last season and I don’t see him as a winger, far too immobile 

I agree. There will be games he starts as he gives us a different option but I'd think that he'll be used off the bench more than 50% of the time

He did try to play Kamberi off the left  on a couple of occasions in a role which really didn't suit him. he might be planning to do the same with JET. I really hope not though as if that is the case Mackenzie or Hayes at left back are going to be exposed and really up against it this season.

And the "almost done" quote is definitely a worry. If we are going with just 2 main strikers to cover the entire season you would have to assume that we are not planning on starting them both at the same time as you no one to come on as a sub and no cover if one gets injured and you would have to change formation. You just need to look back at last season when Cosgrove, Main and Edmondson all got injured at the same time to see that just having 2 strikers is not a good idea.

And you would think the lack of creativity, pace and invention after Hedges got injured and Wright left would mean that we would be looking to change things there quite considerably as well as bolstering with centre forwards. Any defence is just going to push up against us as with Jet and Ramirez up front they will have no concern about pace in behind.

I also saw comments from Scott Brown saying that at times we may have to go over the top against teams to get past a high press but if we have no pace up there I'm not sure how they plan to do that.

Instead of a team with high energy and pace to press teams, win the ball and then attack teams with pace and directness we are going with a core of Considine, Gallagher, Brown, McGeough, Jet, and Ramirez so no pace or mobility. I hope I'm wrong and there is a fine plan, But at the moment  I just don't understand how we are going to play and how this is going to work.  

20 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Where are these quotes from Glass coming from?

I thought the Q&A wasn't released until later. 

Found this from Retard:

Stephen Glass says his Aberdeen squad is 'nearly finished' as he gets things ready for the start of the new season.

The Dons finalised the signing of Christian Ramirez on Monday, with the US international following Scott Brown, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Declan Gallagher, Jack Gurr and Teddy Jenks in the door at Pittodrie.

Inevitably supporters want to see some more eye-catching additions before the season starts, with Aberdeen looking to make an impact in the new Europa Conference League after finishing fourth in the Premiership last season.

But speaking in an interview with Red TV, Glass said fans shouldn't expect too much more - and he'll be looking to the youth academy to fill most of the remaining gaps.

He explained: "At the moment the squad close to being finished. It's important that you remember the amount of players that we've brought in.

"If we announced all the signings we had today, everybody would be buzzing with it, not forgetting what we've added as far back as Scott Brown coming in.

"We've not added huge numbers, but we've got young players coming through who are threatening the first-team.

"So it's important to remember what we've added and what we've got coming through."

2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

Either we're not doing any more business, or they're setting our expectations low so we'll be grateful for anything else we get.

I would have liked to see us add a little more creativity in the midfield area. 

I doubt they’d lower our expectations only to surprise us.

Cormack is trying to sell season tickets.

If they were planning bringing a few in, they’d say so (without naming names/positions etc).

They keep saying “trust us”, “believe in us”. 

• Dildo 1

d

20 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

Either we're not doing any more business, or they're setting our expectations low so we'll be grateful for anything else we get.

I would have liked to see us add a little more creativity in the midfield area. 

Messi currently a free agent, since his contract expired and his new contract is stalled. 

COULD be the creative solution we need... just slot him into that supporting role between mid and the deadly RAMJET attacking partnership. 

• Dildo 1
42 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

d

Messi currently a free agent, since his contract expired and his new contract is stalled. 

COULD be the creative solution we need... just slot him into that supporting role between mid and the deadly RAMJET attacking partnership. 

Roger Ramjet was a poor cartoon

• Dildo 1