Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anderson72

Rebuilding the Team

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Danger mouse, Banana Man, He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, all a class or two above Roger Ramjet or Rocky and Bullwinkle

New He-Man coming out on Netflix in a couple of weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

A revamped version.

Were referring to the originals from the 60’s that were reshoot in the 80’s

Rocky and His Friends and The Bullwinkle Show are original titles from the early 1960's.

(Perhaps the image I posted threw you off.)

spacer.png

Better?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Danger mouse, Banana Man, He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, all a class or two above Roger Ramjet or Rocky and Bullwinkle

80 days around the world with Willy  fog, the mysterious cities of gold, m.a.s.k, centurions, captain breavestarr we’re all better cartoons. 
I was never really a teenage mutant ninja turtles fan 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Danger mouse, Banana Man, He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, all a class or two above Roger Ramjet or Rocky and Bullwinkle

None of them really work, though... we've got RamJET.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The team?

 

Looking like this for the 22nd I would guess.

Lewis

Gurr Gallagher Considine Mackenzie

Brown

Hedges Jenks Ferguson Hayes

Ramirez

subs: Woods, Ramsay, McCrorie, Campbell, McGeouch, McGinn, McLennan, Kennedy, Emmanuel-Thomas,

others: Ojo, Virtanen

Share this post


Link to post

Will Ferguson be arsed? 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Will Ferguson be arsed? 

His brother, Lewis might. 

Edited by StandFree1982

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

The team?

 

Looking like this for the 22nd I would guess.

Lewis

Gurr Gallagher Considine Mackenzie

Brown

Hedges Jenks Ferguson Hayes

Ramirez

subs: Woods, Ramsay, McCrorie, Campbell, McGeouch, McGinn, McLennan, Kennedy, Emmanuel-Thomas,

others: Ojo, Virtanen

McCrorie should definitely be in there somewhere. Still doesn’t look all that strong a team. If Ferguson goes you’d like to think a serious effort would be made to bring in McGrath. Think a left centre half is still required and a left forward/winger, possibly watkins? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

McCrorie should definitely be in there somewhere. Still doesn’t look all that strong a team. If Ferguson goes you’d like to think a serious effort would be made to bring in McGrath. Think a left centre half is still required and a left forward/winger, possibly watkins? 

It's hard for us to judge how in particular Hedges (given he was out for 4 months) and Jenks will fair, and how they will fair under the attacking tactics of Glass.

Any variation of the defence that we can line up is simply not strong enough for an attacking team. We really need an exceptional centre half (particularly pace) in beside Gallagher to be realistic to play 2 at the back and not lose games 3-0 like the cup quarter final.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

McCrorie should definitely be in there somewhere. Still doesn’t look all that strong a team. If Ferguson goes you’d like to think a serious effort would be made to bring in McGrath. Think a left centre half is still required and a left forward/winger, possibly watkins? 

McCrorie is a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. He started well for us but from January onwards was shockingly bad. I honestly don't know where to fit him in, right back might have been a possibility but the Gurr signing seems to rule that out and surely Brown will keep him out of midfield unless we sell Ferguson and choose not to sign a replacement (which would be strange but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't).

Hedges is the left sided winger/forward you mention. The obvious requirement is a right winger. And the squad needs some younger players now, already got it's compliment of over 30s.......Watkins wouldn't come cheaply and is 31 in October. He did well for us admittedly but on those grounds it is a no from me.

You are spot on about the defender though. It is absolutely numero uno priority. I'd like to see us join the ranks of the reported suitors for McCart at St Johnstone

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

McCrorie is a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. He started well for us but from January onwards was shockingly bad. I honestly don't know where to fit him in, right back might have been a possibility but the Gurr signing seems to rule that out and surely Brown will keep him out of midfield unless we sell Ferguson and choose not to sign a replacement (which would be strange but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't).

Hedges is the left sided winger/forward you mention. The obvious requirement is a right winger. And the squad needs some younger players now, already got it's compliment of over 30s.......Watkins wouldn't come cheaply and is 31 in October. He did well for us admittedly but on those grounds it is a no from me.

You are spot on about the defender though. It is absolutely numero uno priority. I'd like to see us join the ranks of the reported suitors for McCart at St Johnstone

You spotted correctly that McCrories performances dipped, but that was after a reported second bout of Covid. Maybe the break and pre-season will see him rejuvenated.

Everyone is assuming it will the Gallagher and Considine at CH, but could Gallagher team up with McCrorie there?  I’d go along with most that we are oversubscribed in midfield, so may not naturally drop in there.

You said that Hedges is the left sided winger, but his best performances have been as an inverted winger so he can cut inside. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

McCrorie is a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. He started well for us but from January onwards was shockingly bad. I honestly don't know where to fit him in, right back might have been a possibility but the Gurr signing seems to rule that out and surely Brown will keep him out of midfield unless we sell Ferguson and choose not to sign a replacement (which would be strange but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't).

Hedges is the left sided winger/forward you mention. The obvious requirement is a right winger. And the squad needs some younger players now, already got it's compliment of over 30s.......Watkins wouldn't come cheaply and is 31 in October. He did well for us admittedly but on those grounds it is a no from me.

You are spot on about the defender though. It is absolutely numero uno priority. I'd like to see us join the ranks of the reported suitors for McCart at St Johnstone

McCrorie was a strange one.

Like you said he started really well.Was great going forward as well then was hopeless the 2nd half of the season.

Went from looking like we had conned Rangers to them having conned us.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

We clearly still need a few players in if we have any aspirations of getting anywhere near Celtic and Rangers, at the moment I would say Hibs are stronger as well sadly. The current squad ain't that bad though and theres a lot of unknowns at this stage in terms of the new players (Ramirez for example could be absolutely anything at SPL level) and it remains to be seen if Glass can maybe get the likes of McCrorie, Ferguson and even disappointments like Kennedy firing again. Not much hope for the later IMO but a change of manager can really change a players form, sometimes when you least expect it. Also think we really missed Hedges in the second half of last season and he will be a massive player if fit all season. Could do with seeing some details of a contract extension soon.

Players like McGinn and Hayes to a lesser extent are not what they were and like a lot of other posters am worried about the lack of pace in the team. As for Scott Brown hes a Dons player now so fingers crossed the legs haven't totally gone and he can have an influence on others. Good to have the season about to start again and fans starting to be allowed back. Lets try and stay positive giving Glass the best chance to be a success - hes not got an easy job in current circumstances but never stop believing! 

COYR!

       

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ClayholeRed said:

We clearly still need a few players in if we have any aspirations of getting anywhere near Celtic and Rangers, at the moment I would say Hibs are stronger as well sadly. The current squad ain't that bad though and theres a lot of unknowns at this stage in terms of the new players (Ramirez for example could be absolutely anything at SPL level) and it remains to be seen if Glass can maybe get the likes of McCrorie, Ferguson and even disappointments like Kennedy firing again. Not much hope for the later IMO but a change of manager can really change a players form, sometimes when you least expect it. Also think we really missed Hedges in the second half of last season and he will be a massive player if fit all season. Could do with seeing some details of a contract extension soon.

Players like McGinn and Hayes to a lesser extent are not what they were and like a lot of other posters am worried about the lack of pace in the team. As for Scott Brown hes a Dons player now so fingers crossed the legs haven't totally gone and he can have an influence on others. Good to have the season about to start again and fans starting to be allowed back. Lets try and stay positive giving Glass the best chance to be a success - hes not got an easy job in current circumstances but never stop believing! 

COYR!

       

Good post, nice to see a new hatter settling in with sensible football posts.

Which Clayhole are you from? 😆

I have a swamp in Georgia US, some place in Wigan and a Clayholes in Carnoustie.

I do hope it's not a euphemism for the bum orifice. 😬

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Joe pike said:

McCrorie was a strange one.

Like you said he started really well.Was great going forward as well then was hopeless the 2nd half of the season.

Went from looking like we had conned Rangers to them having conned us.

McCrorie seemed to dip after he caught Covid again for the second time.

Hopefully the rest and pre-season can see him coming back to what we initially saw in him

Share this post


Link to post

Not long listened to yesterday's Sportsound podcast and Billy Dodds said he had been speaking to McGeouch and Campbell and said that both had remarked on the improved atmosphere within the squad.

May have gotten pretty bad under McInnes. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Not long listened to yesterday's Sportsound podcast and Billy Dodds said he had been speaking to McGeouch and Campbell and said that both had remarked on the improved atmosphere within the squad.

May have gotten pretty bad under McInnes. 

7 years is a long time in football management & managers shelf lives aren’t usually that long.

Been debated plenty enough already but stayed two years too long & it was never quite the same after he spoke to the scum, it started to go wrong not too long after.

He seemed tired and bored. I’d imagine he regrets turning down the scum when he did. 

Share this post


Link to post

Still stunned no further CB has come in. Shambolic.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d imagine he regrets turning down the scum when he did. 

He'll regret it for the rest of his days.  He'll never get asked again. Would've been better for both parties if he'd taken it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Listened to a podcast earlier. 

Graham Hunter quite blunt on McInnes at the end of his tenure, but positive on Glass.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7nmnAURsfOgcN8P79J4NLZ?si=clRqx4crSsOqGrzHnwpfWA&utm_source=whatsapp&dl_branch=1

Yeah, just listened to that. Really enjoyed hearing Hunter not holding back on his assessment of McInnes, in direct contrast to how the Weegia  view him. Referenced those 2 Cup semi defeats in 2014 and 2015, obvious he fucked it on both occasions. And subsequently. Games there for the taking and he reverts to hoof ball and retreat it into our shell.

His positivity regarding Glass is good to hear, sounds genuine, but…..we’ll see.

Its clear we are going back to the Alex Smith style of possession, passing etc. No wingers as such and more of a 4-3-3. If he can accentuate the better days of Smith’s tenure, then great but he needs TIME and as was mentioned earlier, unusually for a new AFC manager, he’s not going to be afforded too much of that because of the suspicion he’s just Cormack’s place man.

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

He'll regret it for the rest of his days.  He'll never get asked again. Would've been better for both parties if he'd taken it. 

He wouldn’t have lasted long.

Brendan’s Brendans were too dominant & no way McIness would’ve had the savvy to overcome them. 
He’d have been punted after one season. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/19/2021 at 10:39 PM, afc1903mad said:

McCrorie seemed to dip after he caught Covid again for the second time.

Hopefully the rest and pre-season can see him coming back to what we initially saw in him

Big season for McCrorie .

Covid most likely hit him hard last season to many below par performances 

Needs to to step and prove he is big player for us

Hope its the latter

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Big season for McCrorie .

Covid most likely hit him hard last season to many below par performances 

Needs to to step and prove he is big player for us

Hope its the latter

Watched  both McCrorie and Glass RedTV interviews yesterday.

Glass when asked about McRorie's playing duties, said he can play RB, CB and CM and will be utilised in all 3 positons by him.

Nae sure if I'm that keen on him being used that way. You'd imagine being hoyed around like that is nae the best way to find any level of consistency in one's playing produce.

Might not turn out like that of course, possibly just a throwaway comment.

But at this point, I couldn't hazard a guess at where he will be deployed most.

Though given our options at RB and CM, allied with how thin on the ground we are in central defence I'd have to plump for the CD role.

Unless we are adding to our resources there at some point before the transfer window is gently deployed in the closed position.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He wouldn’t have lasted long.

Brendan’s Brendans were too dominant & no way McIness would’ve had the savvy to overcome them. 
He’d have been punted after one season. 

I also wonder if he would have been given - and trusted with - the money that Gerrard has been given. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Watched  both McCrorie and Glass RedTV interviews yesterday.

Glass when asked about McRorie's playing duties, said he can play RB, CB and CM and will be utilised in all 3 positons by him.

Nae sure if I'm that keen on him being used that way. You'd imagine being hoyed around like that is nae the best way to find any level of consistency in one's playing produce.

Might not turn out like that of course, possibly just a throwaway comment.

But at this point, I couldn't hazard a guess at where he will be deployed most.

Though given our options at RB and CM, allied with how thin on the ground we are in central defence I'd have to plump for the CD role.

Unless we are adding to our resources there at some point before the transfer window is gently deployed in the closed position.

I sense Gurr is going to be first choice RB.

Gallagher will be first choice CB. Will McCrorie play ahead of Considine? I'm not so sure. His best chance may be if Glass wants to play out from the back. And given there's a fairly strong possibility that we'll bring in another CB it'll depend on whether that individual is a first team or squad player as to whether McCrorie would be ahead of them. 

Brown will obviously be CM and clearly wants to play more games than he did last year. Fergie will also be first choice whilst he's here. Therefore, it's going to depend on the formation that Glass plays and how many CMs that includes. Perhaps overall McCrorie's best chance will be if Fergie goes and he steps in to play alongside Brown?  

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He wouldn’t have lasted long.

Brendan’s Brendans were too dominant & no way McIness would’ve had the savvy to overcome them. 
He’d have been punted after one season. 

That's pretty much my take on it although I think he'd have got a bit longer than 12 months (but not too much longer).

Plus he could get away with not winning with us. There was no expectation in the press to do so, never mind our own fucking board. So his future career prospects weren't harmed by regularly finishing second in the league and cups. 

At sevco, not winning a trophy (even though at that point they were still well behind Celtic budget wise) would certainly seen  him labelled as a loser. I think he'd have gotten 18 months to 2 years and if he hadn't delivered at least one trophy in that timescale he would have been bulleted. And his dream of once again managing at a decent level down south lying in tatters. Although as it turned out, staying 2 years too long with us has pretty much achieved the same result anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, just listened to that. Really enjoyed hearing Hunter not holding back on his assessment of McInnes, in direct contrast to how the Weegia  view him. Referenced those 2 Cup semi defeats in 2014 and 2015, obvious he fucked it on both occasions. And subsequently. Games there for the taking and he reverts to hoof ball and retreat it into our shell.

His positivity regarding Glass is good to hear, sounds genuine, but…..we’ll see.

Its clear we are going back to the Alex Smith style of possession, passing etc. No wingers as such and more of a 4-3-3. If he can accentuate the better days of Smith’s tenure, then great but he needs TIME and as was mentioned earlier, unusually for a new AFC manager, he’s not going to be afforded too much of that because of the suspicion he’s just Cormack’s place man.

I think Hunter, primarily being a fan like all of us, was able to see what the majority of us saw regarding how McInnes had us playing. Was eye bleeding at the end and he was devoid of ideas. He was found wanting.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...