Pre-Season 21/22

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Feel like 2 games isn’t enough prep for what you could call the biggest game of our season. 

Certainly going to be the biggest game of season so far.

pretty sure we will have other games in planning but I think with COVID risks he is being reasonably sensible in his approach. Reading aside 

• Dildo 1
55 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Certainly going to be the biggest game of season so far.

pretty sure we will have other games in planning but I think with COVID risks he is being reasonably sensible in his approach. Reading aside 

Now that it’s a vaccine free for all I wonder if the clubs can arrange a mass vaccination of all players and staff ? 

31 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Who the fuck decided to play 2 of our 3 pre season games on the same day? AFC never fail to surprise. 

Well normally we rotate the whole squad through single games so majority of the players only get about 45 minutes so this is a decent way of getting all players 90mins but with reasonable rest time.

I don’t see the problem. These are professional athletes we are speaking about

Pre season friendlies are kick abouts regardless. Same every season, we are always going to have to go into these early Euro games pretty cold.

playing extra kick about type friendlies aren’t going to change this. 
Fact we managed to get at least 2 decent enough sides to come to us in prep for a home Europa game is about as good as we could hope really, all things considered & that the manager doesn’t want us traveling.

Hes done ok imo

46 minutes ago, cruzcampo3 said:

That’s what I’m saying pay £10 to watch a Aberdeen XI play a preseason friendly against Buckie on the iPad or head along the road to watch cove live in the league cup for A tenner 

It's not a friendly. It's a serious competition and our best chance of silverware

49 minutes ago, cruzcampo3 said:

That’s what I’m saying pay £10 to watch a Aberdeen XI play a preseason friendly against Buckie on the iPad or head along the road to watch cove live in the league cup for A tenner 

Fuck cove - wouldn’t pay 10 pence to watch those hun cunts 

14 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

It’s not great but the Cove situation was out of their hands. Hopefully they’ve cranked it up in training instead and had a bounce game which would have been just as useful.

They did. It's 1-1 at half time. Matty Kennedy for the reds, Lewis Ferguson scored an absolute peach to equalise for the whites. Joe Lewis had a great save to deny Jack Gurr what would have been a dream debut goal.

I will watch the second half later

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1
45 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

They did. It's 1-1 at half time. Matty Kennedy for the reds, Lewis Ferguson scored an absolute peach to equalise for the whites. Joe Lewis had a great save to deny Jack Gurr what would have been a dream debut goal.

I will watch the second half later

Who is playing centre half for each team? If Devlin is not back in training does that not just leave us with Gallagher, Considine and possibly McCrorie? 

Maybe the young Irish lad Turner?

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Who is playing centre half for each team? If Devlin is not back in training does that not just leave us with Gallagher, Considine and possibly McCrorie? 

Maybe the young Irish lad Turner?

It finished 1 - 1 after a goalless 15 minute second period.

Forgive me for not divulging who was playing in any certain position. Eyes are everywhere.....

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

It finished 1 - 1 after a goalless 15 minute second period.

Forgive me for not divulging who was playing in any certain position. Eyes are everywhere.....

After playing 15 mins of the second half and no one scoring did the just decide they had enough and went home like kids playing down the park 

18 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Ball went over the fence and nobody could be arsed fetching it. 

Are you sure one of the locals didn’t put up a sign saying no ball games and come out roaring and shouting at them and try and chase them away with a stick 

• Downvote 1