Pre-Season 21/22

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

No word of crowd allowed or TV coverage?

Nothing confirmed yet although I fear that they will go with the baseline of 2000 set out by the government today and reject our application for 8200.

From Monday, seated outdoor stadiums can host 2,000 fans, and standing venues can accommodate 1,000.

Applications could be made on a case-by-case basis to swell that, as was done for Hampden's Euro 2020 matches.

Aberdeen, for example, have asked for 8,200 supporters to be allowed into Pittodrie up to and including 1 August.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Ramirez and Jet will both start. 

Yeah, Jet might be cover at centre forward but that doesn't mean he won't be in the team. 

I’d agree, just shows options of cover

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Some random on Twatter? Cheers ?

Yeah, nothing official club related just shows visually options that we have.

Straight away, it would suggest that if we are to get any additional options in, it should be left sided CH as the priority, then a third choice striker although McGinn, Ruth, McLennan could all be options there if desperate needing someone

42 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not about time someone started the match thread for first game of season?

The side we’re playing is match fit & has half dozen + internationals ?

This could be a repeat of the McGhee Sigma embarrassment 

Nah min, Monday’s fine.

You’ll still have plenty of time to be negative before kick off

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Some random on Twatter? Cheers ?

Another tweet, this time back from the official Aberdeen FC account when asked about the attendance next week

Hi, we are continuing to work on this with the local authority to try and maximise attendance. As soon as we have something to share we will announce it via all of our channels. Thanks, AFC

Seems to me that means 8200 is rejected and their trying to work a compromise

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Nah min, Monday’s fine.

You’ll still have plenty of time to be negative before kick off

You see negative. Where I see realism, caution, apprehension, nerves based on what I see as a fistful of majority mediocre signings being bigged up by a manager at every chance he can to try (successfully in many cases) convince the fans they are far better than they are & we have a pretty much full squad he’s happy with ?

Pre season delusional romantic dreams of greatness (to the levels often spouted by WHS every window) have overridden  realistic views of what we have in the squad. Which is really not that much better than the shite we finished last season with. A slight improvement maybe but how hard would that have been to achieve? 
Far far far from the shite we’ve been fed by Cormack (& Glass) & a really damp squib from what we should hope for from finally getting rid of McInnes & getting a new manager.

Maybe Glass should have brought all his signings in in one go to help pull the wool over a few more fans eyes rather than drip feed them in ?

24 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You see negative. Where I see realism, caution, apprehension, nerves based on what I see as a fistful of majority mediocre signings being bigged up by a manager at every chance he can to try (successfully in many cases) convince the fans they are far better than they are & we have a pretty much full squad he’s happy with ?

Pre season delusional romantic dreams of greatness (to the levels often spouted by WHS every window) have overridden  realistic views of what we have in the squad. Which is really not that much better than the shite we finished last season with. A slight improvement maybe but how hard would that have been to achieve? 
Far far far from the shite we’ve been fed by Cormack (& Glass) & a really damp squib from what we should hope for from finally getting rid of McInnes & getting a new manager.

Maybe Glass should have brought all his signings in in one go to help pull the wool over a few more fans eyes rather than drip feed them in ?

Whilst you reluctantly accept the signings potentially are an improvement, I don’t see it having any hope of a better showing this season and is decidedly pessimistic. Therefore you do portray negatively in the run up to the start of the season.

I agree, it’s not title winning changes made so far, but I/m certainly optimistic we will enjoy this season far better than we have the last couple.

I think they have also got Scott Brown down as potential centre half cover too.

He played there for Celtic a lot last season when needed.Not ideal but he’s experienced enough to put in a shift there if necessary.

Would still ideally be signing a centre half however. 

46 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I agree, it’s not title winning changes made so far, but I/m certainly optimistic we will enjoy this season far better than we have the last couple.

It better be title winning changes or Cormack will have a lot to answer for. 
In fairness….Ramirez will win us the league. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Whilst you reluctantly accept the signings potentially are an improvement, I don’t see it having any hope of a better showing this season and is decidedly pessimistic. Therefore you do portray negatively in the run up to the start of the season.

I expect a real struggle to get third at very best but more likely a fight for 4th in reality.

A pretty poor showing in cups again

out in our second round in Europe if not our first round v the neeps. Genuinely fear this could be another shambles in Europe just like McGhee/Sigma. Nothing we have signed ‘strengthened’ has me confident this side is good enough to sweep aside a team already match fit & with a fk load more ‘International’ players than us 

I haven’t yet bought into this new Cormack/Glass puppet master & puppet show yet. 

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Aye?  Surprised you've never mentioned. 

I do however very much enjoy how much my unimpressed view of the Cormack/Glass snake oil sales pitches so far really really upsets so many folk. Mostly because they fear reality of it but try to convince themselves things are better than they are. Usual pre season fantasy. Very much like WHS with his delusional beliefs about hearts every window. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I do however very much enjoy how much my unimpressed view of the Cormack/Glass snake oil sales pitches so far really really upsets so many folk. Mostly because they fear reality of it but try to convince themselves things are better than they are. Usual pre season fantasy. Very much like WHS with his delusional beliefs about hearts every window. 

Not so much upsets, as bores. 

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not so much upsets, as bores. 

Indeed. 

Folk like F&D are so obsessed by repeating the same thing and normally it's done in a really condescending smug like way, that it's natural for folk to be defensive, even if they don't necessarily feel all that positive.

22 minutes ago, RUL said:

Indeed. 

Folk like F&D are so obsessed by repeating the same thing and normally it's done in a really condescending smug like way, that it's natural for folk to be defensive, even if they don't necessarily feel all that positive.

Block him/her

18 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Saw this on Twitter for our teams player positions / cover

spacer.png

This further highlights that we desperately need at least one decent centre half. Who plays if/when considine and Gallagher are suspended or injured? Devlin is not even worth mentioning as he will probably not kick a ball for months.

14 hours ago, NEM said:

Left sided centre half, winger and striker I’d say, ideally all with pace as that’s one attribute the squad is seriously lacking 

Agree. 

Canna see it, mind. The squad does look slow as fuck.