Pre-Season 21/22

14 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

How many friendlies / euro games did we have before playing Rangers last year (1st league match)?

That game was an utter embarrassment and i might be wrong, but I think we are going to be even more undercooked against Hacken.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see another a similar outcome to when we played Sigma 

From memory, two friendlies at Pittodrie?

Hibs & (maybe St Johnstone) but can’t remember 

3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

? not at all. I am going to give Glass a chance (probably until the first round of fixtures is done) as I want him to do well. I don’t trust Cormack though. Not sure what you think of him but he is definitely worth the watching. I still reckon he hasn’t fully backed Glass enough during this transfer window….still time yet though.

Same but I said I’ll give Glass first two windows for full judgment but as far as I’m concerned he’s making a bit of an arse of his first one. Likely because he was sold more of the same snake oil BS by Cormack as the fans but he happily lapped it up so he could get the puppet job. 

Our defence is a complete joke especially. To go into Europe (regardless who against) so light on numbers & pace is embarrassingly risky & he will be extremely lucky for it not to bite him on the arse

22 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

How many friendlies / euro games did we have before playing Rangers last year (1st league match)?

That game was an utter embarrassment and i might be wrong, but I think we are going to be even more undercooked against Hacken.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see another a similar outcome to when we played Sigma 

Reading made excuse for it now though so I’m sure Glass will escape all criticism if we get pumped. 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Same but I said I’ll give Glass first two windows for full judgment but as far as I’m concerned he’s making a bit of an arse of his first one. Likely because he was sold more of the same snake oil BS by Cormack as the fans but he happily lapped it up so he could get the puppet job. 

Our defence is a complete joke especially. To go into Europe (regardless who against) so light on numbers & pace is embarrassingly risky & he will be extremely lucky for it not to bite him on the arse

Cormack was always going to appoint Glass as manager….no matter what he says. I suppose he didn’t make his fortune by being a nice and transparent guy. I hope Glass does well as I believe he genuinely has the hunger and desire to be a decent manager. He is a grafter….not like our previous incumbent. 
We definitely are short in numbers but we are obviously now playing the waiting game to see who is available probably nearer the transfer window closing that could improve us but at minimal cost. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

The Rangers game was before our first European game I assume?

The teams in the league cup are going to be weeks ahead of us in terms of match sharpness. 

Think it was well into August… about last Thursday in August before we played in Europe last year.

One legged ties remember. 

The “non” European playing teams will have played 4 League Cup games before the league starts. 

Celtic, SEVCO & Hibs all managing friendlies.

Think we’ll have played the least games, but nothing we can do if other teams call off with COVID

• Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Think it was well into August… about last Thursday in August before we played in Europe last year.

One legged ties remember. 

The “non” European playing teams will have played 4 League Cup games before the league starts. 

Celtic, SEVCO & Hibs all managing friendlies.

Think we’ll have played the least games, but nothing we can do if other teams call off with COVID

First team will just have to do the best part of 90 minutes against St Johnstone. 

Hopefully they take something resembling a first eleven. If they do it will be a decent test. Probably just as tough as playing a Reading team just back from their holidays.  They did win 2 cups after all. 

Thought we decided to stay at Cormack Park in order to "control" things.

Going to wait until the game next Thursday but fair to say Glass needs a performance already or the knives will be out. 

One of the main criticisms in recent years has been going into the 1st match under prepared. We are definetly coming in with less match prep than even those years.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

First team will just have to do the best part of 90 minutes against St Johnstone. 

Hopefully they take something resembling a first eleven. If they do it will be a decent test. Probably just as tough as playing a Reading team just back from their holidays.  They did win 2 cups after all. 

Aye, I’m sure the plan would’ve been to give the 25 first teamers 90 minutes over the two games.

The back up players will need to be forgotten about & we need to give as much game time to the 14-15 that’ll be involved against Hacken. 

Is it still 5 subs allowed this season? 

14 minutes ago, The Red Express said:

Going to wait until the game next Thursday but fair to say Glass needs a performance already or the knives will be out. 

One of the main criticisms in recent years has been going into the 1st match under prepared. We are definetly coming in with less match prep than even those years.

Aberdeen have controlled Covid as none of the call offs have been due to players or staff at Aberdeen having Covid.

Really, knives out after one European game. That’s an overreaction

19 minutes ago, The Red Express said:

Who is to say we aren’t preparing better with work on the training field. We are trying to keep things under the radar and not giving out much intel regarding our play. This could be a good thing.

35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, I’m sure the plan would’ve been to give the 25 first teamers 90 minutes over the two games.

The back up players will need to be forgotten about & we need to give as much game time to the 14-15 that’ll be involved against Hacken. 

Is it still 5 subs allowed this season? 

Nae sure about the subs. Hard to keep up. Feels like a free for all these days 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

What a letdown this summer has been after all the bluster from the chairman a few months ago.  I think we'll struggle to get past Hacken. 

Feel the same way, got a shades of sigma about this, no real game time, no real depth of squad, vs an upturn in fortune for the swedes, new manager, team full of old internationals, up to speed fitness and match sharpness wise. Surely doesn’t look good 

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

What a letdown this summer has been after all the bluster from the chairman a few months ago.  I think we'll struggle to get past Hacken. 

5 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Feel the same way, got a shades of sigma about this, no real game time, no real depth of squad, vs an upturn in fortune for the swedes, new manager, team full of old internationals, up to speed fitness and match sharpness wise. Surely doesn’t look good 

That's where I feel Scott Brown will make a difference for us. He wouldn't have allowed the Sigma 5-1 to happen.

Let's see how we get on but I think we'll be up for it.

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I fear we’re going to be embarrassed never mind struggle to win

• Upvote 1