Pre-Season 21/22

11 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

What a letdown this summer has been after all the bluster from the chairman a few months ago.  I think we'll struggle to get past Hacken. 

of four teams that have finished above us in the last 2 seasons we have taken TWO captains

We havent played a game in front of any of us yet

Dont get me wrong we play crap ill get out the pitchfork, but am I they only one to find it disingenuous to call this summer a letdown ?

• Upvote 1

TBH, I think when we heard what Cormack said back when Glass was appointed, re signings, we all anticipated that we'd be going after the best young talent in the league, of which there is a decent amount. 

We've signed some steady pros 30 or over, and some unknown MLS entities, whilst Gallagher will be a fine signing, and you expect Brown to keep standards high, the rest leave you far less optimistic. 

We can only know how good/bad it's been when we see them play, but I was expecting more McGrath, Kerr/Gordon/McCart type signings. 

Hoping it all makes sense in the end. Hacken will be a bit of an acid test because they are probably as good as anything outside the OF in our league, and they have played a decent chunk of competitive games thus far. 

It's not a good tie.

56 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

TBH, I think when we heard what Cormack said back when Glass was appointed, re signings, we all anticipated that we'd be going after the best young talent in the league, of which there is a decent amount. 

We've signed some steady pros 30 or over, and some unknown MLS entities, whilst Gallagher will be a fine signing, and you expect Brown to keep standards high, the rest leave you far less optimistic. 

We can only know how good/bad it's been when we see them play, but I was expecting more McGrath, Kerr/Gordon/McCart type signings. 

Hoping it all makes sense in the end. Hacken will be a bit of an acid test because they are probably as good as anything outside the OF in our league, and they have played a decent chunk of competitive games thus far. 

It's not a good tie.

Im not sure they are as good as they would finish third in our league but they are definitely good enough to embarrass us if we aren't up to it. Looking forward to seeing lineup against st Johnstone later today and read the match report. Might not even get the lineups given it will reveal our preferred starting line-up against the swedes. 

7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

That's where I feel Scott Brown will make a difference for us. He wouldn't have allowed the Sigma 5-1 to happen.

Let's see how we get on but I think we'll be up for it.

Aye cos he never allowed celtic to get any embarrassing results ? Bratislava etc. 

So much delusional faith in a vastly overrated (& now old) player like he’s some  kind of one man match master of all. 

Hacken could very well be another headline maker much like Sigma. 

3 hours ago, daytripping said:

There's 2 friendlies today, team will be fine, Hacken are crap.

Clearly not that crap. Got half a dozen or so current internationals & similar numbers of former capped players (more that we do) & their Europa record isn’t that bad for a ‘crap’ team. 24 games. Won 8. Drawn 7. Lost 9

put Sparta Prague out 

also knocked the Pars out in 07/08

33% win record in Europa. What’s ours?

Keeper is former Swedish international 

CH’s a current Finland int & a former Swedish int (c) 

left back current Swedish int (also have former Iceland LB as back up) 

RB’s a former Nigerian int & current Iceland one

midfielders they have 2 former Swedish int’s 

Left Winger current Tunisian int 

CF’s they have a former Swedish int & current Finland int

also have a good few current U21 internationals 

Some will laugh at many of their ‘international players’ but this side is not a bad side & well capable of doing a Sigma on us. 

Especially with our glacial defenders 

47 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nope. Already done & finished.

Starting X1:

Lewis

Gurr McCrorie Considine Hayes

Ojo Brown

JET  Ferguson Hedges

Ramirez 

Subs came on; Ramsay, McLennan, MacKenzie & Jenks 

presume it's gallagher starting and mccrorie will be in midfield (and hence wanted to get another 90 in to mccrorie)