Pre-Season 21/22

6 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Could well be. It's not as if we have a heap of awesome signings hidden away. 

As shit as that team is (and it is), who have we got that will significantly improve it?

Seeing it in black and white further emphasizes how full of shit Cormack was with his exciting signings boasts. 

What revenue will be generated from attendances this season ?

Clearly Cormack thought fans would reject the anti science that is restricting attendances but ive checked the covid thread on here and unfortunately like the general public it seems most except or want to work with these restrictions despite world renowned Immunologists who say that enough data now in to prove that the death rate IS in line with flu after all.

So if we keep punching ourselves in the face then cant complain about not signing players.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Access time depends on your seat, but average slots are either 1 hour before kickoff or 1/W hour before kick off.

Its ok  I think (I’ve a slot between 18:30 and 19:00)

It’s certainly less appealing making the effort to go to the matches with all this Covid regulations  in place. Thank goodness for RedTV. At least I can still enjoy seeing the match without having to endure having a mask on plus I can shout as loud as I like at the tv. 

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Access time depends on your seat, but average slots are either 1 hour before kickoff or 1/W hour before kick off.

Same, but they haven’t really countered folk that support the dons not from the city, some of us have a 4 hour drive to a game, the same folk work, so the club putting in times like 18.30 so would need to get away from work early, for some folks that’s impossible.

22 hours ago, Millertime said:

He let the 5-1 pumping by Lincoln red imps happen?

22 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

When did that happen?

14 hours ago, Millertime said:

Whoever it was, did celtic not get thumped in a qualifier by a team like that?

They got beat by Lincoln Red Imps in a first leg (1-0 I think) but qualified (3-1 I think).

Bratislava beat them but that was 16 years ago and fuck all to do with Scott Brown. 

Anyhoo.... mastered the offside rule for this season? Still coming up on Thurs? 

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Same, but they haven’t really countered folk that support the dons not from the city, some of us have a 4 hour drive to a game, the same folk work, so the club putting in times like 18.30 so would need to get away from work early, for some folks that’s impossible.

I doubt they will be that strict. I plan to rock up at 19:00 and I guess many others will too, but anticipate the 19:00-19:30  will turn up more towards the half past time.

If you're concerned about it, get in touch with the club and I'm sure they'll take your issue into consideration and find a solution

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

They got beat by Lincoln Red Imps in a first leg (1-0 I think) but qualified (3-1 I think).

Bratislava beat them but that was 16 years ago and fuck all to do with Scott Brown. 

Anyhoo.... mastered the offside rule for this season? Still coming up on Thurs? 

It was the swiss side Nauchatel Xamax that beat Celtic 5-1, but that was way before Scott Browns time with them.

Charlie Nicholas played in the game IIRC

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

I doubt they will be that strict. I plan to rock up at 19:00 and I guess many others will too, but anticipate the 19:00-19:30  will turn up more towards the half past time.

If you're concerned about it, get in touch with the club and I'm sure they'll take your issue into consideration and find a solution

Good call, cheers 

10 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Are the former internationals still full internationals?

(Asking for a friend.)

Any idea on how long it'll take to get into the ground? ;)

I didn’t mention full international but I don’t see how that is relevant unless you are attempting to say they only played in friendlies. Is Brown a current or former international? Do we have any ‘current’ internationals? Gallagher, maybe McGinn, Considine? 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He wasn’t at Celtic when they played the game I mentioned, you thick cunt. 

No but he was there for Imps, Maribor, Warsaw. Stop taking posts so personally. You insecure thick cunt ?

• Dildo 2
5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

When you get your ticket, do they then tell you what timeframe you have for entering the ground? What happens if you were to then miss that timeframe? Denied entry?

6 minutes ago, ullevi said:

It’s on the e mail when you get a ticket telling you the time you need to enter depending on the area you sit in 

That’s what I meant though, not all dons fans stay in Aberdeen, normal knock of time for work is 17.30. So AFC expect to travel the 260 miles in my case in an hour and a half, need to get my delorian out the garage, bastard was wanting to keep it fresh, any cunt know where to get a flux capacitor these days?

• Site Sponsor
3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

That’s what I meant though, not all dons fans stay in Aberdeen, normal knock of time for work is 17.30. So AFC expect to travel the 260 miles in my case in an hour and a half, need to get my delorian out the garage, bastard was wanting to keep it fresh, any cunt know where to get a flux capacitor these days?

Fluxed again

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

When you get your ticket, do they then tell you what timeframe you have for entering the ground? What happens if you were to then miss that timeframe? Denied entry?

It doesn’t stipulate any conditions, just an allocated access time. I doubt it would be strictly upheld, but also would hate to think the fans take the piss.

This is effectively still a trial, the additional fans has not yet been approved for the Utd game so we need to show it works for the benefit of all and ensure we can get in for the league games too.

49 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Presume you’re coming from the likes of Newcastle for 260 miles. Since it’s a special,occasion, have you thought about taking a half day?

Surely you’d be struggling in any case to do the 260 miles in time for kickoff if you finish at 17:30 260 miles away

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Presume you’re coming from the likes of Newcastle for 260 miles. Since it’s a special,occasion, have you thought about taking a half day?

Surely you’d be struggling in any case to do the 260 miles in time for kickoff if you finish at 17:30 260 miles away

Over exaggerated that a bit 155 miles away, Ayrshire.you are right but just take the day aff.a feel for folk that cannot.

31 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Over exaggerated that a bit 155 miles away, Ayrshire.you are right but just take the day aff.a feel for folk that cannot.

Aye, many a midweek game has meant putting the pedal to the floor for long stretches in the past. The average speed cameras stuff that up though.

I mine once finishing up at 1800 in Duce so had to make my way across town first (pre-bypass days) and headed to Tynecastle. Was prepared to miss the start of the game but parked up in Georgie at 19:30 and managed to get into the he ground (we were in the Georgie end back then) in time for kick off.

wouldn’t drive like that nowadays though ?

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Aye, many a midweek game has meant putting the pedal to the floor for long stretches in the past. The average speed cameras stuff that up though.

I mine once finishing up at 1800 in Duce so had to make my way across town first (pre-bypass days) and headed to Tynecastle. Was prepared to miss the start of the game but parked up in Georgie at 19:30 and managed to get into the he ground (we were in the Georgie end back then) in time for kick off.

wouldn’t drive like that nowadays though ?

????, a thought a was bad, fucking hell.only time I’ve missed the start was when ma car went into safe mode half way there, almost never made it by Angus due to the hills,just had enough power to get me there. In fact, the sigma game a had plenty of time, hadn’t been the queens residence before at Dundee so decided plenty a time.looked at the map and looked well shorter than the motorway, was late in.soon as ma arse hit the seat sigma scored, what a shite night aw round, a won’t be taking that mountainous road again.farce

4 hours ago, Zander1903 said:

Cormack as well

Surely taking over from Milne then binning McInnes and Kingsford, investing a fair bit of dough in tarting up Pittodrie and some serious donating to AFCCT buys him a fair bit of time?

If Milne was still at the helm we'd be in serious shite just now. If McInnes as in charge the season ahead would seem another chore to endure.