Pre-Season 21/22

4 hours ago, Zander1903 said:

Cormack as well

Surely taking over from Milne then binning McInnes and Kingsford, investing a fair bit of dough in tarting up Pittodrie and some serious donating to AFCCT buys him a fair bit of time?

If Milne was still at the helm we'd be in serious shite just now. If McInnes as in charge the season ahead would seem another chore to endure.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Surely taking over from Milne then binning McInnes and Kingsford, investing a fair bit of dough in tarting up Pittodrie and some serious donating to AFCCT buys him a fair bit of time?

If Milne was still at the helm we'd be in serious shite just now. If McInnes as in charge the season ahead would seem another chore to endure.

The thing is Cormack believes glass will do a good job but he will be gone if Cormack doesn't think its working. 

23 minutes ago, RUL said:

The thing is Cormack believes glass will do a good job but he will be gone if Cormack doesn't think its working. 

Cormack gets credit for raising finance for the new training ground and having the balls to realise the McInnes era was well and truly over. Recent noises about wanting to pursue a new stadium at the beach is a good sign too. 

His blatant lies about the new manager recruitment process proves he's worth the watching though.  Nae convinced about the Gunn appointment either, that's a big job for someone who needs to know what they're doing.  Effectively running the club in Dave's absence. 

18 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

When you get your ticket, do they then tell you what timeframe you have for entering the ground? What happens if you were to then miss that timeframe? Denied entry?

No chance any cunt would deny me entry to the ground if I were outside some pish allocated timeframe.

Life happens, we are not at (all) at the whim of some spasticated regulations dreamed up by morons.

12 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cormack gets credit for raising finance for the new training ground and having the balls to realise the McInnes era was well and truly over. Recent noises about wanting to pursue a new stadium at the beach is a good sign too. 

His blatant lies about the new manager recruitment process proves he's worth the watching though.  Nae convinced about the Gunn appointment either, that's a big job for someone who needs to know what they're doing.  Effectively running the club in Dave's absence. 

How do you know he was telling lies about the new manager? Yes I agree on the outside it seems blatant and obvious that Glass was always going to be the man. But that selection 'may' have been in jeopardy if an outstanding managerial appointment put himself forward. I'm guessing that didn't happen and he backed his horse. Hopefully he'll have the balls to pull the trigger if it's not working, which I think he will have.

Gunn, I don't think anyone knows enough about him to know if he's capable or not of doing the job. But you've no idea if he knows what he's doing or not.  Again he'll be judged on this head of recruitment appointment, transfers etc. But he's hardly running the club I would think.  He may be based in Atlanta, but the world is a small place now and unless he's on his death bed the big decisions will be made by Cormack. 

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

No chance any cunt would deny me entry to the ground if I were outside some pish allocated timeframe.

Life happens, we are not at (all) at the whim of some spasticated regulations dreamed up by morons.

I doubt anyone would be denied access if not within the allotted time but hope everyone sticks to the timing as best they can.

This approval is just for 1 game and we don’t want to fuck it up for the following games I.e. when the Caravan dwellers come to Pittodrie

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

This approval is just for 1 game and we don’t want to fuck it up for the following games I.e. when the Caravan dwellers come to Pittodrie

I reckon you are going to be late getting into the ground and the club will have to forfeit the idea of having fans in for the Dundee United game because of you. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I reckon you are going to be late getting into the ground and the club will have to forfeit the idea of having fans in for the Dundee United game because of you. 

Like most posts, you’re speaking pish yet again. I’ll be there in plenty of time and I’m looking so much forward to watching the game live.

I don’t know why I even responded to you when you talk pish as it’s just emboldens you to fuck up another site with your drivel.

I won’t block you as I hope one day you’ll mature enough to have a decent discussion, but I will refrain from engaging till you do.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Like most posts, you’re speaking pish yet again. I’ll be there in plenty of time and I’m looking so much forward to watching the game live.

I don’t know why I even responded to you when you talk pish as it’s just emboldens you to fuck up another site with your drivel.

I won’t block you as I hope one day you’ll mature enough to have a decent discussion, but I will refrain from engaging till you do.

Remember and make as much eye contact with the Hacken players as possible. Whether you’re late or not.

• Dildo 2
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Pretty silly argument

Gerrard did ok didn't he?

And they're a much bigger club than us, like it or not 

Rumours are that its not so much down to Gerrard, but Michael Beale that's responsible for the turnaround at SevCo.

Of course, you can give credit to Gerrard for getting him in, but the succession of rookie managers prior to last season at Sevco where they won their first trophy and were knocked out of both cups early would indicate that its not an easy route to progress with.

Also add in the is Gerrards 4th season with SevCo and they won nothing in the first two seasons despite the greater budget he has

28 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Rumours are that its not so much down to Gerrard, but Michael Beale that's responsible for the turnaround at SevCo.

Of course, you can give credit to Gerrard for getting him in, but the succession of rookie managers prior to last season at Sevco where they won their first trophy and were knocked out of both cups early would indicate that its not an easy route to progress with.

Also add in the is Gerrards 4th season with SevCo and they won nothing in the first two seasons despite the greater budget he has

Pedro and Warburton were hardly rookie managers 

4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Pedro and Warburton were hardly rookie managers 

Warburton had only 2 years at Brentford before he became the SevCo boss

Pedro has been at so many clubs it doesn't seem like he has the capability to get sustained success.

Graeme Murty as well.

I'm hopeful for Glass that the route he has taken and the team he has supporting will be enough to get a decent first season under his belt and then grow from there

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Compared to those two, aye. 

Two years at Brentford was at a good level. 

Pedro obviously managed a fair few teams before rocking up in his caravan. 

Just looked up the bread man. It was only 18 months he had at Brentford and it was announced in Feb 2015 (15 months into the role) that he would leave at the end of the season since as a result of vetoing signings and FFP transfer embargo.

So his successful 18 month stint came to an end because they failed to get promotion despite the financial advantage they had and therefore were forced to sell players as a result of not getting promoted.

Doesn't appear to be a wealth of experience there.

You must accept Murty given you dropped him of my post.

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Just looked up the bread man. It was only 18 months he had at Brentford and it was announced in Feb 2015 (15 months into the role) that he would leave at the end of the season since as a result of vetoing signings and FFP transfer embargo.

So his successful 18 month stint came to an end because they failed to get promotion despite the financial advantage they had and therefore were forced to sell players as a result of not getting promoted.

Doesn't appear to be a wealth of experience there.

You must accept Murty given you dropped him of my post.

Warburton was a manager in his own right before coming to the Huns so can't be described as a rookie.  Doesn't matter how well or shite he performed.

The term rookie generally suggests its someone's first proper job. 

Big difference between being the appointed manager and being the stand in caretaker.  Or managing a youth or b team. 

Just now, NEM said:

He must have been in charge for at least 8 games or whatever it is the bookies use as a yardstick cause they paid out on the cunt being appointed next hun boss.

Aye the Huns were so useless they had to sack their managers early in the season so he got a decent run of games. 

Then when McInnes backed out I think he got to the end of the season? 

That's Mykyta and Hanratty season loans to Formartine confirmed.

When Glass said a few weeks back that he'd been very impressed by one or two youngsters in pre season and expected there to be more debuts sooner rather than later I guessed he was meaning Hanratty. He was probably speaking out of his hoop but otherwise I've no idea who he is on about now. Mostly no hopers and lads who have only just left school this summer leftover who are yet to debut.