What you doing today?

Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Fit's the crack with that? Do you need a negative PCR result before you end isolation? Or do you just need to complete for the dates stated?

My work wants two negative laterals or one negative PCR before I return. 

Fuck knows what happens if the PCR comes back positive.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Lateral flow still showing positive, so waiting on the results of a PCR. 

Watching Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown all day. The food looks fuckin ace and I think the show gives a good outline of the places he visited. 

RIP. Legend of a man. 

Aye some boy like. 

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I know mental health doesn't always show, but with his lifestyle it really does boggle the mind how he could have killed himself. 

Must've been dealing with a lot under the surface. A great loss. 

As you work through the series I think you get a bit of a glimpse that he's maybe moving towards a bad place. It's like he's going back to places he'd previously been when doing other shows or when he was younger and ticking them off or saying goodbye. 

14 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

As you work through the series I think you get a bit of a glimpse that he's maybe moving towards a bad place. It's like he's going back to places he'd previously been when doing other shows or when he was younger and ticking them off or saying goodbye. 

Aye, I got that sense when he went to Providence. 

Shame.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Shame.

Is it a shame? Maybe he is happier dead. He lived a great fucking life at times, I'm sure others times were equally as extreme on the other end of the scale. Don't understand why people get so upset about folk killing themselves. He ended it how he wanted to, he could live out his final days as he planned to a degree. 

2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Is it a shame? Maybe he is happier dead. He lived a great fucking life at times, I'm sure others times were equally as extreme on the other end of the scale. Don't understand why people get so upset about folk killing themselves. He ended it how he wanted to, he could live out his final days as he planned to a degree. 

Take your point. 

I think it's more that he's a loss to us, rather than it's a shame for him. 

He'd maybe done everything he ever wanted, and that was him. He checked out. 

Nobody knows, but I'd argue the death of anyone like that is a real shame. A top man.

32 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I’m pretty certain you shouldn’t be taking the lateral flow tests as you’ll just continue to test positive as the virus is still in your system. That was the advice from my employer anyway. 

1 minute ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I’m pretty certain you shouldn’t be taking the lateral flow tests as you’ll just continue to test positive as the virus is still in your system. That was the advice from my employer anyway. 

Ah well. 

Will sort itself out

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Pretty sure the lateral flow tests show anti bodies which given you've had the virus means you'll always show positive on that for a while.  Quite mad that those tests are still being used as well as their credibility are ropey as fuck. 

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

Any of you chaps know much about benefits schemes? My son's pal has been chucked out his house. He's in a low paid job and is looking for a flat share just now. Just wondered what , if any, benefits he would be entitled to?

and no it's not me ?

Think MAD is the man for this job (if he doesn't get sacked from it)

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Any of you chaps know much about benefits schemes? My son's pal has been chucked out his house. He's in a low paid job and is looking for a flat share just now. Just wondered what , if any, benefits he would be entitled to?

and no it's not me ?

If he works full-time he'll get no benefits. 

2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

That would depend why you were sacked. Gross misconduct and they would consider that your own fault and as good as walking out. Not sure how it works if you just weren't up to the job. 

A tricky situation. Maybe just deal drugs and keep the job would be my advice now.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

and no it's not me ?

Tell him to claim asylum.

Scotland welcomes them.(with or without a machete)

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

and no it's not me ?

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

Assuming he’s relatively young and doesn’t have a heap of savings (which I doubt they would check) he’ll probably be entitled to a council house or some help.

Nae doubt there will be a priority list for single mums etc rightly so, but if he is working and genuinely homeless I would think he would be fast tracked.

6 hours ago, Fridge said:

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

Assuming he’s relatively young and doesn’t have a heap of savings (which I doubt they would check) he’ll probably be entitled to a council house or some help.

Nae doubt there will be a priority list for single mums etc rightly so, but if he is working and genuinely homeless I would think he would be fast tracked.

You're totally clueless Fridge.  Firstly,  anyone can apply for a  'council'  house (they're owned by housing associations now),  regardless of circumstances, you don't have to be  'entitled'.  Secondly,  the fact he's a young single person puts him at the bottom of the queue ( it's all points systems,  and a  young healthy single person gets almost no points) . He won't be getting fast tracked ahead of asylum seekers,  newly released cons or teenage mums,  job or not.