What you doing today?

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

Any of you chaps know much about benefits schemes? My son's pal has been chucked out his house. He's in a low paid job and is looking for a flat share just now. Just wondered what , if any, benefits he would be entitled to?

and no it's not me ?

Think MAD is the man for this job (if he doesn't get sacked from it)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Any of you chaps know much about benefits schemes? My son's pal has been chucked out his house. He's in a low paid job and is looking for a flat share just now. Just wondered what , if any, benefits he would be entitled to?

and no it's not me ?

If he works full-time he'll get no benefits. 

2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

That would depend why you were sacked. Gross misconduct and they would consider that your own fault and as good as walking out. Not sure how it works if you just weren't up to the job. 

A tricky situation. Maybe just deal drugs and keep the job would be my advice now.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

and no it's not me ?

Tell him to claim asylum.

Scotland welcomes them.(with or without a machete)

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

and no it's not me ?

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

Assuming he’s relatively young and doesn’t have a heap of savings (which I doubt they would check) he’ll probably be entitled to a council house or some help.

Nae doubt there will be a priority list for single mums etc rightly so, but if he is working and genuinely homeless I would think he would be fast tracked.

6 hours ago, Fridge said:

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

Assuming he’s relatively young and doesn’t have a heap of savings (which I doubt they would check) he’ll probably be entitled to a council house or some help.

Nae doubt there will be a priority list for single mums etc rightly so, but if he is working and genuinely homeless I would think he would be fast tracked.

You're totally clueless Fridge.  Firstly,  anyone can apply for a  'council'  house (they're owned by housing associations now),  regardless of circumstances, you don't have to be  'entitled'.  Secondly,  the fact he's a young single person puts him at the bottom of the queue ( it's all points systems,  and a  young healthy single person gets almost no points) . He won't be getting fast tracked ahead of asylum seekers,  newly released cons or teenage mums,  job or not. 

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

You're totally clueless Fridge.  Firstly,  anyone can apply for a  'council'  house (they're owned by housing associations now),  regardless of circumstances, you don't have to be  'entitled'.  Secondly,  the fact he's a young single person puts him at the bottom of the queue ( it's all points systems,  and a  young healthy single person gets almost no points) . He won't be getting fast tracked ahead of asylum seekers,  newly released cons or teenage mums,  job or not. 

Oh well fair enough. Never had to deal with any of that, was just trying to help. I know anyone is entitled to a council house but I assumed there would be a priority list and having no cash and no house would bump you up but assuming you know what you are talking about you’ll be right enough.

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

Oh well fair enough. Never had to deal with any of that, was just trying to help. I know anyone is entitled to a council house but I assumed there would be a priority list and having no cash and no house would bump you up but assuming you know what you are talking about you’ll be right enough.

It used to be that  way back in the day. I got married and applied for a council house in my old village back in 92. Both working but we go a 3 bedroom within 3 months. I guess now its different