What you doing today?

6 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

So that would be ok as the couple have considered that most folk would be off the next day. 

Do many jobs still honour the bank holiday? Any company I've worked for just add them to your annual leave.

Sunday wedding is preferable to the Friday imo.

44 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Yes.

One was marrying his wife one bank holiday sunday.

The other was also marrying his wife on a bank holiday Sunday, around a year later. At a different venue. (They paid 30% less for a sunday, than what they would have for a Saturday).

To me that is a still a little selfish . They should have cut back more on luxuries and went for the Saturday wedding. It's inconveniencing a lot of people in order that two people can save a bit of cash.  

22 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Sunday wedding ?   Very selfish. 

Maybe, but on a Sunday when you probably have work the next day and might have to take a day off for a bit of free scran and booze?

Like I said, Sunday wedding = very selfish people .

Or a wedding during the week. Mon-Fri. 

21 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I know, still vey selfish though. Vey selfish. I'll only attend a Saturday wedding. 

43 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

To me that is a still a little selfish . They should have cut back more on luxuries and went for the Saturday wedding. It's inconveniencing a lot of people in order that two people can save a bit of cash.  

39 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I wouldn't.

Aye. We get it. 

42 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

No difference to me tbh. Weddings are a ridiculous expense, even when trying to do it 'cheap'.