What you doing today?

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

What you training for? Got a big race lined up?  

Nah, feel much happier and in a much better place mentally, so got the motivation to get right into shape 

Running is something I have never, ever done or enjoyed

So my logic is,  if I historically find it the hardest thing to do, it must give me the greatest benefit

2 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

MT, 40 quid trainers might be part of the cause of sore calves. If you're running the one thing I wouldn't scrimp on would be the footwear. A good pair of running trainers are definitely worth purchasing. 

I did that when I first got into running but as you up your distance you really feel the difference. 

Yeah but do you then not need to go to a proper running shop and get your foot/gait analysed before spending big bucks on trainers?

1 minute ago, The Buzzard said:

It's not something I have ever felt the need to do. Have a quick skim through this and see the bit about working out your gait using a wet bit of paper or something if you feel you need to. A bathroom tile is also just as useful. 
https://www.advnture.com/features/what-is-your-running-gait-type-and-why-do-you-need-to-understand-how-you-run

Incredibly helpful and not one antagonistic jibe

Weird for here

Haha thanks 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Light jog/walk to warm up. Wee light stretch. 

Run. 

Stretch afterwards. 

Yeah, I do maybe 5 secs stretching each calf

5 seconds pulling my foot up to my arse behind me, each leg

The kind of Michael Jackson sway, left to right then right to left

Couch to 5k app on, runkeeper app on to track time/distance, Spotify rocky 1-6 soundtrack on, 5 min walk then off we go

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah but do you then not need to go to a proper running shop and get your foot/gait analysed before spending big bucks on trainers?

It's not something I have ever felt the need to do. Have a quick skim through this and see the bit about working out your gait using a wet bit of paper or something if you feel you need to. A bathroom tile is also just as useful. 
https://www.advnture.com/features/what-is-your-running-gait-type-and-why-do-you-need-to-understand-how-you-run

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Nah, feel much happier and in a much better place mentally, so got the motivation to get right into shape 

Running is something I have never, ever done or enjoyed

So my logic is,  if I historically find it the hardest thing to do, it must give me the greatest benefit

Stick in, MT. ? I used to hate it but I stuck at it, lost the weight I'd put on and grew to love it. 

Nothing better for clearing the head than going out for a run. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Is it balls . It’s their job  They’ll just check you’re not some flat footed mongo and recommend a structured shoe . Expect to pay about £100x  Asics are my go to shoe. 

Haha

The Buzzards idea was good

I'm going to wet my foot and step on the patio to see what kind of footprint I can see, that will determine the way my foot hits the ground and point towards the shoe type I need

Can't do it just now though, it's been raining 

22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha

The Buzzards idea was good

I'm going to wet my foot and step on the patio to see what kind of footprint I can see, that will determine the way my foot hits the ground and point towards the shoe type I need

Can't do it just now though, it's been raining 

Cover your feet in flour then and step outside. 

7 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

That's what I wanted to say but I couldn't be fucked with anybody saying it's doing folk out of a job or shit like that. 

?

Not actually been in there for years. But it did used to be a good bit more expensive

Straight to the sale section of sportsshoes.com here. 

43 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ahh right. was going to suggest the canal paths round about there for a nice run. Nae cars, flat, nice'vibe' as it were. 

Yeah that's a question

There's 2 routes I run,  but both are hilly

Does the couch to 5k app assume running on a flat surface, so when I'm nailing the weekly challenges I'm really nailing them even more because I've got challenging gradients?