What you doing today?

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Looks a bit like that bird of yours. 

She's more like Fatima Whitbread. 

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

Did ok, seeing as I hadn’t trained as much as I should’ve done.

It was a super sprint-just a baby one. 
400m lake swim, 8 and a bit mile bike ride, just over a mile and a half run.

Mate I did it with already wants to do another.

Cant imagine doing the Olympic distance, never mind an Ironman-but as I get fitter, I’ll probably want to increase the challenge.

Good to get one down .

Coming off the bike on to a run is difficult legs are like jelly , that takes a bit of getting used to 

What's your best event of the 3?

Well done YD.

11 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Good to get one down .

Coming off the bike on to a run is difficult legs are like jelly , that takes a bit of getting used to 

Well done YD.

Not after 8 miles. To put it in context your cycle to Primark and back was probably longer than YD's 'Ironman". 

34 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Good to get one down .

Well done YD.

Aye that was the toughest bit.

Bike is my best I’d say.28 mins on a reasonably flat course, but a hoor of a headwind.Hadn’t biked for ages tho, so again, some training and I’d take some time off it.

You quite clearly read that I said it wasn’t an Ironman @Sooper-hanz but just a baby one.

2 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

An 8 mile wee country cycle then a wee run might be fine, but when you throw in a swim beforehand and you push it on the bike, your legs ken about it for the run.

Loving the input from you sporty types @Redforever86 @Sooper-hanz

just having a bubble YD. I go out on my bike a lot. i dont do it to compete against other blokes though. My boys used to do the triathlon events at various age groups. 

10 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Aye that was the toughest bit.

Bike is my best I’d say.28 mins on a reasonably flat course, but a hoor of a headwind.Hadn’t biked for ages tho, so again, some training and I’d take some time off it.

You quite clearly read that I said it wasn’t an Ironman @Sooper-hanz but just a baby one.

An Ironbaby then? You did an Ironbaby?

25 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

just having a bubble YD. I go out on my bike a lot. i dont do it to compete against other blokes though. My boys used to do the triathlon events at various age groups. 

9 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Just winding you up min, because originally you said you’d done a triathlon (not a baby one etc) most likely leading folk to believe you had done big miles. 

I ken lads, nae hassle here.

I’m unlikely ever to do a proper one tbf.