What you doing today?

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
On 8/4/2022 at 7:39 AM, CCB III said:

He's generally still like himself but his breathing is shallow. 

Vet says as long as he's still behaving as normal as possible he's ok.

So, just waiting. Beauty of it is he's no idea there's anything wrong. Bloody legend. 

I think he's gonna be ok pal. 

Walk it off, lots of water and make sure his head is close enough to his genitalia to give them a right good licking. 

?

What's his name?  If I may be so bold...

6 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I think he's gonna be ok pal. 

Walk it off, lots of water and make sure his head is close enough to his genitalia to give them a right good licking. 

?

What's his name?  If I may be so bold...

No, this'll kill him, but, he's still mooching like fuck for food! 

I'd rather not say his name for my own identity but he's a black lab. 

Still licking his cock etc

Might be with us for a short while left. Considering whether or not I want to go the match tomorrow, might spend it with him with the scores coming in. 

Wait and see. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
17 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Might be with us for a short while left. Considering whether or not I want to go the match tomorrow, might spend it with him with the scores coming in. 

Wait and see. 

Stay home with the brother cuddled up on the flair.  Wrap your Dons scerf around ye and he and watch the game on your cellphone on Hesgoal. 

A lovely day. 

?

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Wait and see. 

What's actually up with him? Tumour?

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

What's actually up with him? Tumour?

Yeah. Cancer in his spleen and lungs. 

Presented itself way too late and they can't operate as he won't survive that. 

Went from being his usual self to being really really old over the course of an evening. 

Now the anaesthesia from his x rays has worn off he's doing a bit better.

But yeah, fk knows. They also reckon he has a bit of dementia cause if his age, and he's way more blind than we thought he was. 

Still a happy enough chappy though, was giving him a bosie there.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
18 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Went from being his usual self to being really really old over the course of an evening. 

But yeah, fk knows. They also reckon he has a bit of dementia cause if his age, and he's way more blind than we thought he was. 

Sounds like a bloody ledge.

Pics.

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Aye they find a way to crack on with hearing/sight and manage without you really noticing for a while.

If his teeth are still OK get to the butcher and get a marrowbone to roast for him. You'll never see a happier dog.

I worked in a vet's in my teens, weekend/student job, the saddest thing I've ever seen was when a pet had to get put down and the people would fuck off and let the vet do it. You'd see the dogs looking for their owners right at the last moment. Stay with him man. It's hard but it's the right thing to do.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Aye they find a way to crack on with hearing/sight and manage without you really noticing for a while.

If his teeth are still OK get to the butcher and get a marrowbone to roast for him. You'll never see a happier dog.

I worked in a vet's in my teens, weekend/student job, the saddest thing I've ever seen was when a pet had to get put down and the people would fuck off and let the vet do it. You'd see the dogs looking for their owners right at the last moment. Stay with him man. It's hard but it's the right thing to do.

Only hard if yir a poof

7 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I await the review 

Hot Chip were great,  better than I expected after listening to their latest album. The venue though, shite. Queued for 25 minutes for a pint when I got there, one of those long winding queues you get at airport security or a festival. Didn't realise it was an outdoor venue, if it had been raining I'd have just left. Cunt of a place to get to by public transport as well,  on the edge of the M74 in an  industrial estate, a taxi from town is the easiest option. Be surprised if it's still there in a year or two. Cheers for the ticket though ?

7 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Hot Chip were great,  better than I expected after listening to their latest album. The venue though, shite. Queued for 25 minutes for a pint when I got there, one of those long winding queues you get at airport security or a festival. Didn't realise it was an outdoor venue, if it had been raining I'd have just left. Cunt of a place to get to by public transport as well,  on the edge of the M74 in an  industrial estate, a taxi from town is the easiest option. Be surprised if it's still there in a year or two. Cheers for the ticket though ?

Was on the M74 the other night and drove by that place. Horrible location. Like you I’ll be surprised if it’s still there even next year.

29 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Anyway, today . Heading to Aberdeen for match. First game this season for me. 
I may or may stop at various locations there and on the way home. There may be hold ups in the traffic roadworks,accidents etc and these may affect my journey time.

@rozzers 

Hope your vehicle doesn’t break down on the way there and you miss the match.

That would just top it off. ✌️

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Oh we'll all stay with him. 

Personally hate the idea of seeing him dead but no chance my mother would leave him in his final moments, I don't think I will either. 

I'll mention that to my mum re the marrowbone but not sure he's got the energy to have a whack on that. Been getting tuna and all that shit...his farts are stinkin! 

Some people view their dogs as just that, dogs, things to be controlled and owned. 

We never have and if I have my own personal dog in the future I won't either. They only get a short life, let them on the sofa, let them in your bed, give them a wee end of your sandwich, ken?

Decided I'm fucking off the dons today, will just watch the scores come in with the main man. 

Nothing like a dogs love, pure and uncomplicated, brilliant animals. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Anyway, today . Heading to Aberdeen for match. First game this season for me. 
I may or may stop at various locations there and on the way home. There may be hold ups in the traffic roadworks,accidents etc and these may affect my journey time.

@rozzers 

What time will you be in a chipper on the way home and for how long?

7 hours ago, CCB III said:

Oh we'll all stay with him. 

Personally hate the idea of seeing him dead but no chance my mother would leave him in his final moments, I don't think I will either. 

I'll mention that to my mum re the marrowbone but not sure he's got the energy to have a whack on that. Been getting tuna and all that shit...his farts are stinkin! 

Some people view their dogs as just that, dogs, things to be controlled and owned. 

We never have and if I have my own personal dog in the future I won't either. They only get a short life, let them on the sofa, let them in your bed, give them a wee end of your sandwich, ken?

Decided I'm fucking off the dons today, will just watch the scores come in with the main man. 

Nothing like a dogs love, pure and uncomplicated, brilliant animals. 

Like like like.

• Like 1