What you doing today?

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We would but we've been backing the DWT and are now potless. 

Yeah. A certain subset of the population try and use not being a cunt as a pejorative. 

Like for example if you think it's wrong to say "I bought it in the paki shop" or "we got a chinky for dinner", you're "woke". 

Essentially not being a racist = "woke"

Wrong as per usual. "Woke" is desperately trying to be offended, usually on someone else's behalf.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We would but we've been backing the DWT and are now potless. 

Yeah. A certain subset of the population try and use not being a cunt as a pejorative. 

Like for example if you think it's wrong to say "I bought it in the paki shop" or "we got a chinky for dinner", you're "woke". 

Essentially not being a racist = "woke"

Paki, short for Pakistani, from the muslamic Republic of Pakistan ...... Not racist. 

Just now, cheesepipes said:

Paki, short for Pakistani, from the muslamic Republic of Pakistan ...... Not racist. 

It is when it's applied to just about anyone with brown skin

22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I don't think that's the thinking. The building directly opposite the V&A is the new Scottish social security office. Building it took tradesmen, it's providing 500 new, good jobs.

The whole area has been completely redesigned, needing tradesmen, who have learned skills they will have for life. It's easy to be negative but providing jobs, skills and opportunities will change Dundee in the long run, Community centres, rehab, Needle rooms will change a few individual lives(possibly)

I totally get what you are saying but I can tell you from personal experience that some people are genuinely beyond "saving" it is better to look to the future and trying to create a better, more prosperous city is better for future generations.

I don't think the full effects will be known for a long time yet. 

It's up in the air, IMO at the moment. Does it look nicer? Yes. Is it attracting more people to Dundee, certainly. 

Will it raise the standard of living across the city, long term? Will provide career opportunities for locals to be employed? Will it drive up wages due to the new influx of external cash? 

Otherwise, it's a vanity project designed to cover up real issues. Regeneration is great, provided it is picking up the local people. I think that's totally up for debate at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Who does that....... Nobody 

I meant anyone who looks Asian. 

Plenty folk do that. "Ken the paki boy" when they could be from Bangladesh, India or fitever. 

The folk you're mentioning are blaik.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't think the full effects will be known for a long time yet. 

It's up in the air, IMO at the moment. Does it look nicer? Yes. Is it attracting more people to Dundee, certainly. 

Will it raise the standard of living across the city, long term? Will provide career opportunities for locals to be employed? Will it drive up wages due to the new influx of external cash? 

Otherwise, it's a vanity project designed to cover up real issues. Regeneration is great, provided it is picking up the local people. I think that's totally up for debate at the moment. 

Is tourism a good thing in Edinburgh? I lived there for 18 years and the vast majority of locals would say no. Does the festival benefit cunts in the schemes? Does it fuck? What do you do?

I'd say at least they are trying.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Plenty folk do that. "Ken the paki boy" when they could be from Bangladesh, India or fitever. 

Pakistan is just the muslim section of india, its pretty easy to confuse the 2.

Like confusing a Welsh boy with an English cunt. 

19 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The problem with the term Asian is that it’s often applied to the nips aswell.

I think they’re supposed to be Far Eastern aren’t they? It’s a grey area anyway 

best to stick with derogatory terms for clarification 

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Woke isn't just pointing out obvious racism or homophobia it's desperately seeking offence. The pish about the bird from Little Mix pretending she's black is the perfect example. The poor wee cunt gets braids and she's hounded.

She shouldn't be hounded. Do feel sorry for her. 

But it's not just braids. Is it?

21 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Is tourism a good thing in Edinburgh? I lived there for 18 years and the vast majority of locals would say no. Does the festival benefit cunts in the schemes? Does it fuck? What do you do?

I'd say at least they are trying.

Trying something they know won't do anything? 

Funds could be better spent, elsewhere. The city could still look nice as well.

1 minute ago, cheesepipes said:

Nobody gives a fuck if you confuse a Lithuanian with an Estonian or a Polish with a Hungarian but theres bloody hell to pay if you do it with a Bangladeshi and an Indian......... Even though the Bangladeshi is operating his restaurant as an Indian Restaurant. 

Good post min. You've added loads to the debate. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They don't know it won't do anything. I've already explained tangible benefits. I get your doubts but ultimately only time will tell.

Hope it works out. Truly