What you doing today?

18 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not really. The people of Dundee needed help, and the Scottish government/local council fucked them over. 

'We need more community centres, better jobs, and more investment in things for the youth' 

'We hear you, here's a big fuck off design museum that about 70% of locals couldn't afford to buy a cup of coffee in, let alone see one of our ticketed exhibitions'

If sneering at people in times of struggle makes you feel better about yourself, fair enough. I lived there for years and never encountered a problem from any of the 'junkies.' 

Just ordinary folk caught in the trap of poverty and shit economy. 

I didn't say they were junkies.

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

A coffee is £2.95 in the V&A. You reckon 70% of Dundonians couldn't afford that?! ? 

Was exaggerating. I used to work in the coffee shop there, I know the price. It's expensive to even eat there, is what I was saying. 

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That makes zero sense. If it was on purpose that would be 'ignoring' not 'missing'. 

You're right. People can't deliberately miss things. 

Playing to the gallery as per. Worse by the week 

17 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

He’s full on special needs. Mr Tumble wants to visit.

Might be the case but at least I don't hide who I am on here, and shy away when posters point it out. 

Not ashamed of who I am or where I'm from. Not putting an act on either, like most. 

Just now, cheesepipes said:

If only there were more youth clubs where the potential drug abuser could have had access to a table tennis table and unihoc sticks. 

More about stopping kids getting into it, at the root of the problem. 

Not to say it's 100% going to work but the city definitely didn't need a design museum with all the problems it has. 

1 minute ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Legalise drugs and sell them at chemists, I say 

Wouldn't disagree. Safe usage is a huge way to get out of a drug problem. 

Look at bloody Portugal!

3 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

There has always been youth clubs its just young dafties dont want to go to them. 

Tbf I wouldn't be caught dead at one. 

Mostly cause they were shit. I do reckon though, if they had good shit at them, scheme kids would go. 

We used to mull about town etc looking about shops. Topman was raided at Christmas time with the Xmas dosh. Terrible clothes. 

Better days 

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

More about stopping kids getting into it, at the root of the problem. 

Not to say it's 100% going to work but the city definitely didn't need a design museum with all the problems it has. 

I think it's more of a "give a man a fish or teach him to fish" thing Consi. More tourists, more dough, more jobs, better for the general good.

Not saying I agree with it but I think that's the thinking.

37 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think it's more of a "give a man a fish or teach him to fish" thing Consi. More tourists, more dough, more jobs, better for the general good.

Not saying I agree with it but I think that's the thinking.

The jobs aren't great, though, and a lot of them ended up going to students not from Dundee or who didn't reside Dundee all the time