Ramirez Signs

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

This is the first big one that Glass (and Cormack and Russell) is hanging his hat on.

He's affa confident he's going to prove his worth.

It's interesting to see the club trying something different.

I’m looking forward to seeing him. But wary that MLS isn’t the standard Glass and Cormack believe it is. Especially when you consider vast majority of designated players are in midfield or forward positions so you do wonder what quality of defences he has played against. Really hope he’s a quality signing! 

14 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’m looking forward to seeing him. But wary that MLS isn’t the standard Glass and Cormack believe it is. Especially when you consider vast majority of designated players are in midfield or forward positions so you do wonder what quality of defences he has played against. Really hope he’s a quality signing! 

Not hard to impress the American soccer fans. 

oh wooow he kicked it ?

No offense to the people who think the SPFL is some imagined superior quality league, but the standard of Scottish football is no better, and in many cases worse, that the MLS. 

I'd take each individual player on his own merits, rather than erroneously broad-brushing the MLS as a step down from Scottish football, and assuming that ,therefore, 'He must be shite'. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

No offense to the people who think the SPFL is some imagined superior quality league, but the standard of Scottish football is no better, and in many cases worse, that the MLS. 

I'd take each individual player on his own merits, rather than erroneously broad-brushing the MLS as a step down from Scottish football, and assuming that ,therefore, 'He must be shite'. 

I second this. You can make the argument that MLS is better than the SPFL. Look at their rosters, player values, results against top Mexican teams in concacaf, etc. 

American style of play is quite physical - as is the Scottish game.. which will suit him well. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

My impression of the MLS, is that the good players in the teams are above the standard of ours, but the other half are a bit below.

There doesn’t seem to be much in between.

It’s difficult to judge the general quality of the MLS as it’s skewed by the designated players who are usually miles better than the average player over there.

Take them out the equation, and I seriously doubt the MLS as a whole would be any better than the SPFL.  

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Watched 15mins of Atlanta v NYRB yesterday at half time of Belgium/Portugal. 

15mins was enough.

Same was getting said about our games at the start of the year. Like a few have said on here we can only rate him on what he does in an Aberdeen shirt. 
I hope he hits the ground running, end of the day all we want is a goal scorer so let’s hope we’ve found one.

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Watched 15mins of Atlanta v NYRB yesterday at half time of Belgium/Portugal. 

15mins was enough.

To be fair, if you weren't an Aberdeen supporter that's probably 14 minutes longer than you'd be able to endure watching the dross served up at Pittodrie last season. 

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Don’t think anyone believes  it’s a step up coming to SPL. There is some class players that play in MLS, better than you would see in Scotland but there is also plenty poor players that wouldn’t get a game for Aberdeen. Generally the teams play a better style of football, play in fancy stadiums that have big crowds. This all adds to the product. 

I think it’s perfectly reasonable for us to assume a player that hasn’t been a regular for a few seasons in 1 of the poorest MLS sides won’t be a guaranteed success. It’s also not to say we won’t be a massive success. The club seem very sure on this and pretty bullish he’s the real deal so I hope they are right.