Ramirez Signs

27 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Fuck sake so basically he has no pace, can’t head the ball, nae pace, his goal scoring has deteriorated but he is a good passer!

Neither Rooney, Shearer or Cosgrove had any pace, but all three managed plenty goals. The key is getting someone in that can actually supply the guy with chances. 

8 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

A full international is someone who’s been capped by their national team. All those players you have listed above are full internationals. Ramirez is a full international too. Not sure what the difficulty is here? 

if Glass had called him a ‘current’ international, that’d be a different story.

There's no difficulty.

A player who at one time achieved full international status in their career doesn't necessarily mean that they are an active full international now.

49 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Glass isnt offering to tell the whole story. 

Correct.

That would water things down.

50 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He's just calling him an international cause he is. 

is or was?

51 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He is bigging him up too, which is good. So what?

Yes, that's what I said...

11 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

IMHO, Glass was bigging up Ramirez and his 2 caps (which I have no problem with) but make no mistake, that's what he was doing.

I suppose all the talk from Cormack and Glass about 'exciting signings' (at this point) with the arrival of Ramirez is feeling like a roll of the dice to me that everything is hinging on.

Obviously hoping it all comes together and that we can get more in before our first competitive game.

• Dildo 5
8 hours ago, euan2020 said:

nah - I'm in Mexico for 4 weeks, heading back to Houston from Cape Town - ZA just announced another alcohol sales ban, so as well i am out 

get covid vaccine, and might come up and see you  

1 game of rounders was enough to bore me in Houston, let alone go to the football

Ye fair get around, min.

15 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Correct.

That would water things down.

Ok you are right

Glass should have said

"He was capped by USA a couple of years ago but hasn't featured in any games this year cause he's fucking shite now. He is an international, but for the benefit of any doubt he has not played any international this year, and may never again."

That would be a far smoother statement to make

• Haha 4
Guest milne_afc
15 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

His own Instagram page:

"Personally I could not be more excited to be a part of this historic team, it has been a life long dream of mine that I did not believe I was going to be able to achieve, but somethings are inevitable and we made it happen!"

It’s chronic rubbish and only nutters would swallow that level of PR spin. He can stick his god bothering up his arse.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:10 PM, PondHopper said:

In 20 years the USMNT and the MLS could be a very big deal worldwide.

They said that in the 70s when Pele and Best etc went there.  Then they said it again after the US World Cup in 94.  Then they said it again when Beckham went over 10 years ago. Blah blah blah.