Ramirez Signs

36 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Happy days. Brian Irvine is a hero. 

Or was a hero? Does hero status last longer than being a full international?

Depends if youve slotted a crucial pen past the tims and knee slid 30 yards badge kissing to the East Stand

(Or alternatively if youre a Special Constable in Inverness and about to nick me for having a slash up a close).

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The club are nae half bigging this one up.  We don't normally doorstep someone at the airport and post it on our social media 

but we would never normally have completed a signing before they land. normally the medical and contract signing would be in aberdeen but obviously they've had to do that abroad as he wouldn't have been able to get his visa and permit without a contract of employment

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The club are nae half bigging this one up.  We don't normally doorstep someone at the airport and post it on our social media 

I remember the club adopting a similar approach when announcing the signings of Charlie Nicholas, Hans Gillhaus (had never heard of him prior to signing), and Duncan Shearer, and they turned out alright?

I feel this signing of Christian Ramirez being the same and if so we'll be doing bloody well.

Welcome aboard loon?.

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I remember the club adopting a similar approach when announcing the signings of Charlie Nicholas, Hans Gillhaus (had never heard of him prior to signing), and Duncan Shearer, and they turned out alright?

I feel this signing of Christian Ramirez being the same and if so we'll be doing bloody well.

Welcome aboard loon?.

Aye I'm nae knocking the boy and we've got season tickets and strip pre orders to shift after all. 

Just different from the scarf over the heid shot that we're used to. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I'm nae knocking the boy and we've got season tickets and strip pre orders to shift after all. 

Just different from the scarf over the heid shot that we're used to. 

Very true and this signing can only but help the selling of merchandise, season tickets, etc.

I ken you aren't knocking the loon at all min?

This signing is different from any other we have done in the last 25/30 years and fills me of much-needed renewed hope we can actually have a successful season in 2021/22.  

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Have you seen much of Ramirez over there Scotty? 

Just a handful of clips on YouTube to go by over here. 

No, just that I said the same thing which turned out to be unpopular.

You can watch his full international goal here (at 5 minutes)...

The announcer immediately mentions his 'doubters' and the fact that he continued to score anyway.

Hopefully he'll be determined to prove his doubters wrong at Aberdeen.

2 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

No, just that I said the same thing which turned out to be unpopular.

You can watch his full international goal here (at 5 minutes)...

The announcer immediately mentions his 'doubters' and the fact that he continued to score anyway.

Hopefully he'll be determined to prove his doubters wrong at Aberdeen.

Cheers min. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Welcome aboard loon?.

They absolutely did but don't forget both Nicholas and Gillhaus were agitating for moves away little more than 12 months each after joining us. Of course they were told to stay and get on with it and both did. But Nicholas was in his home country and Gillhaus only a 75 minute hop away in a plane from his.

This signing of Ramirez hasn't excited me at all and I wonder if he doesn't get off to a flyer, if he's struggling for goals by October and the fans starting to get on his back.....if he'll start showing signs of homesickness pdq. He's 6000 miles from home if he does. 

Obviously I really hope he proves my scepticism wildly wrong and he's in double figures already by October. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

They absolutely did but don't forget both Nicholas and Gillhaus were agitating for moves away little more than 12 months each after joining us. Of course they were told to stay and get on with it and both did. But Nicholas was in his home country and Gillhaus only a 75 minute hop away in a plane from his.

This signing of Ramirez hasn't excited me at all and I wonder if he doesn't get off to a flyer, if he's struggling for goals by October and the fans starting to get on his back.....if he'll start showing signs of homesickness pdq. He's 6000 miles from home if he does. 

Obviously I really hope he proves my scepticism wildly wrong and he's in double figures already by October. 

I remember both Nicholas and Gillhaus wishing to move after respectively having a successful 12 months or so with our club, Gillhaus in particular especially after appearing for Holland in Italia '90.

However, they were both professional enough to continue to give their all to Aberdeen (Charlie Nicholas showed that in his very last game for us) until they did eventually move on, and I don't expect anything less from the new lad.