Ramirez Signs

33 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I'm still struggling to see who's going to be creating all the chances for him to score. Hedge's can't do it all by himself.

I might be completely wrong, but I think Jenks is going to be quite an important player for us this year.

Typically, when you look on other fans forums, for their opinions on players, I've found that it generally correlates quite well.  Brighton fans reckon he's a huge talent and is very creative.  The vibe I get is that he's coming up here to play and progress, with a view to fighting for a first team place the following year.  As I said, I may be wrong - but I think he'll be handed a chance to supply the ammunition this season.

16 minutes ago, slippers said:

Glass said we are basically done in Q&A. I think that would suggest a #7 and we are done for now...? 

That would leave us woefully short at centre back

Gallagher and an ageing, declining Consi as first picks.

A guy on a 6 month contract with a sicknote glued onto his right hand as first back-up

And as it stands, probably McCrorie whom both sevco and Portsmouth thought not good enough to play the position as the back-up's back up (or shoving an untested youth player into the line up)

45 minutes ago, slippers said:

Glass said we are basically done in Q&A. I think that would suggest a #7 and we are done for now...? 

Strange that we’d offer Robertson a contract then not go for someone else after he knocked it back. I suspect despite what’s he’s saying another centre half, forward and winger could still be possibilities. 

49 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That would leave us woefully short at centre back

Gallagher and an ageing, declining Consi as first picks.

A guy on a 6 month contract with a sicknote glued onto his right hand as first back-up

And as it stands, probably McCrorie whom both sevco and Portsmouth thought not good enough to play the position as the back-up's back up (or shoving an untested youth player into the line up)

Short at centre back, yes. Have we even had confirmation sick note has re-signed? 

Short of wingers - We better not be relying on McLennan & Kennedy 

Short up front - we can’t go the season with two centre forwards.

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I remember both Nicholas and Gillhaus wishing to move after respectively having a successful 12 months or so with our club, Gillhaus in particular especially after appearing for Holland in Italia '90.

I heard some of the "banter" Gillhaus received from the other lads at Aberdeen was a bit rough.

8 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Possibly because he was pumping Kennedy Thomson and was late for the bus when we got horsed  5-0 at St Johnstone.

Mcliesh and Bett  were nae amused. Still one of the best players I’ve seen in an Aberdeen shirt though.

I thought it was Daniel O'Donnell that KT was shagging? 

The Rev Ramirez winna be happy if he's reading this. 

10 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I might be completely wrong, but I think Jenks is going to be quite an important player for us this year.

Typically, when you look on other fans forums, for their opinions on players, I've found that it generally correlates quite well.  Brighton fans reckon he's a huge talent and is very creative.  The vibe I get is that he's coming up here to play and progress, with a view to fighting for a first team place the following year.  As I said, I may be wrong - but I think he'll be handed a chance to supply the ammunition this season.

Like Madison?

1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

Like Madison?

I dunno.  Have a read in here: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?388422-Teddy-Jenks

You'll see he seems to be highly rated.

Think they’ve got a hell of a player on their hands. Always stands out for the 23s. Thought he might get a sneak at the first team squad but the competition is really fierce - which in itself is amazing.

Sounds like he's too good for their reserves, but not ready to break into their first team.

Maddison had played 24 games for Coventry before signing for Norwich in February 2016 . Was immediately loaned back to Coventry playing a further 11 games.

He signed on loan for us in August 2016, returning to Norwich for the second half of the season. Made his debut for them in April 2017.

16 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

I heard some of the "banter" Gillhaus received from the other lads at Aberdeen was a bit rough.

Ditto here min. Some of it got a bit OTT. 

Had the pleasure of serving him when I worked in Austin Reed on Union Street when he was here as part of the 20th anniversary of Gothenburg celebrations. He was accompanied by a stunning blonde lass.

He's a top bloke?