Ramirez Signs

11 minutes ago, Singapore Steve said:

Ramirez interview on Red TV, " I heard rumors last year that Stephen Glass wanted me" ,  does this put to bed the rumor that there was no new manager search prawcess ? 

Maybe, however Glass was appointed in March and the MLS season didn't start till April.

He could easily have simply be referring to the previous season, or that Glass had his eye on him for Atlanta 2

30 minutes ago, Singapore Steve said:

Ramirez interview on Red TV, " I heard rumors last year that Stephen Glass wanted me" ,  does this put to bed the rumor that there was no new manager search prawcess ? 

There was definitely a process in place, one guy the club wanted but couldn't get no matter how much they wanted him.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, maryhilldon said:

They said that in the 70s when Pele and Best etc went there.  Then they said it again after the US World Cup in 94.  Then they said it again when Beckham went over 10 years ago. Blah blah blah.  

"They" can say whatever but the general public didn't care for "soccer" back then. MLB, NFL, and NBA are losing some pooularity to various reasons and "soccer" is picking up in youth participation. When little Larry and Lebron dream of playing soccer growing up I'd say watch out. 

On 7/2/2021 at 11:19 AM, afc1903mad said:

Maybe, however Glass was appointed in March and the MLS season didn't start till April.

He could easily have simply be referring to the previous season, or that Glass had his eye on him for Atlanta 2

Glass has publicly stated that he tried to sign Ramirez when he was the interim manager of Atlanta Utd. Nothing to do with Aberdeen. 

On 7/3/2021 at 1:19 AM, afc1903mad said:

A glass eye?

• Downvote 1
On 7/3/2021 at 4:56 PM, PondHopper said:

"They" can say whatever but the general public didn't care for "soccer" back then. MLB, NFL, and NBA are losing some pooularity to various reasons and "soccer" is picking up in youth participation. When little Larry and Lebron dream of playing soccer growing up I'd say watch out. 

The white kids know they can’t compete in the black sports. 

18 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

The white kids know they can’t compete in the black sports. 

Not sure how well thought out that is. The MLB is becoming a lot more latino. Parents from middle class and up dont want their kids participating in American football. So the future of the NFL is pulling in poor kids. That will be a higher percentage of minorities.

With the NBA and basketball I can see parents pushing kids that aren't very tall into soccer vs. basketball. But Europe has proven white kids can hoop. Just from having offers to play any level of college ball I was better than most black kids on the planet. Routinely kicked their asses at the playground. 

But I'm sure the stereotype exists. White kids cant hoop is a stereotype that the larrys and lukas have long smashed. Just like the false narrative that young black boys need to be rappers or ballers. Plenty of black doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc. 

The United States is starting to favor soccer for the first time. The rest will work itself out.

43 minutes ago, Millertime said:

In what possible way is "white kids can't play basketball " not horrifically racist?

If I showed up to play some street ball and nobody knew me I'd get picked last. Happened all the time. 

19 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

No point in me spoiling the fun. 

Quite ironic really.

I think you must suffer from Anosognosia or have ASD, in which case, if your posting white brings you happiness, then crack on and live life to the fullest.

We can adapt and just ignore your ramblings 

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Quite ironic really.

I think you must suffer from Anosognosia or have ASD, in which case, if your posting white brings you happiness, then crack on and live life to the fullest.

We can adapt and just ignore your ramblings 

Thanks for your concern but I am of full health. 
Don’t tell me you have taken the huff because I irked you about your choice of a woman in a film?! ?

1 hour ago, Logiemink said:

Ramirez > Rooney > Cosgrove

What am amazing story Cosgrove is.

He's still only scored 1 goal from open play since returning from the Dubai trip in January 2020.

5 goals = 3 pens, 1 free kick and the great goal at home V Hibs.

His 18 month spell prior to that looks like something he's not going to be repeating.

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

What am amazing story Cosgrove is.

He's still only scored 1 goal from open play since returning from the Dubai trip in January 2020.

5 goals = 3 pens, 1 free kick and the great goal at home V Hibs.

His 18 month spell prior to that looks like something he's not going to be repeating.

Some of his goals were unreal in that spell. St Johnstone away and Motherwell away both so composed and excellent technique. 

Complete and utter donkey prior and after. Signing players for 50k, getting an unreal 18 months then selling just before everyone realises they are shite should be our business model. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1