Ramirez Signs

I expect he will bounce about small clubs for the next ten years with fans hoping their club can be the one to unlock the form of his highlights reel which shows some great finishes. A bit like Jet I suppose. 

I remember watching Cosgrove and even in games he scored in, he was awful to watch! Like Kane in the Euros. 

• Dildo 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc
This one's called 'Ramirez'

Try to be best
‘Cause you're only a man
And a man's gotta learn to take it

Try to believe
Though the goin gets tough
That you gotta hang tough to make it

History repeats itself
Try and you'll succeed
Never doubt that you're the one
And you can have your dreams!

Ramirez!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you down
Ramirez!
Around!
Ramirez!
Around!
At least you're not Canadian

Fight ‘til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you

Ah you gotta be proud
Starin' out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all
And one day time will tell
When you're the one that's standing there
You'll reach the final bell!

Ramirez!
Around!
Ramirez!
Around!
Ramirez!
Around!
He's our top Red Indian

Ramirez!
Around!
Ramirez!
Around!
Ramirez!
Around!
Not a fucking chance this guy's a clown

Fight ‘til you drop
Never stop
Can't give up
Til you reach the top (FIGHT! AND WIN)
You're the best in town (FIGHT! AND WIN)
Listen to that sound
A little bit of all you got
Can never bring you down

Ramirez!
Around!
Ramirez!
Around!

On the basis of last night, I think Ramirez will offer us a lot more than Cosgrove and Rooney. I was impressed with his first touch, link up play, clever Off the ball movement and overall awareness. He also appears to have an eye for a pass. I think he will be a big hit for us.

Just wait until he experiences a full stadium against the huns. He won’t know what’s hit him. Swapping your everyday American soccer fan who’s enjoying a day out, with pure hate, rage and violence - that’ll magnify the difference between playing over in Europe compared to the US.

Can’t wait.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Seemed to be enjoying himself. Played with a smile on his face.  The other players seem to like him based on their reaction to him when he went off. 

Yeah, he seems a serious character and I think the lads around him will probably be used to a little more banter, but it’s great to see how much it means to him to be a professional and they were all pleased for him last night.

I hope he and his family enjoy the city and shire and make it home.

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Seemed to be enjoying himself. Played with a smile on his face.  The other players seem to like him based on their reaction to him when he went off. 

That was my impression too , easy to warm to him if he keeps getting the goals. Pleased he got off the mark on debut 

Just now, redstrummer said:

That was my impression too , easy to warm to him if he keeps getting the goals. Pleased he got off the mark on debut 

Aye was good for him to get off the mark. 

His earlier chance when he lobbed the keeper was a harder chance than it looked.  He probably should have scored his header though. 

Link up play looked clever and he looks like a guy who will find space in the box and get on the end of chances so here's hoping he gets off to a good start. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was impressed by the whole team camaraderie. there certainly seemed to be a good team togetherness shown last night