Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Donstar83

Ramirez Signs

Recommended Posts

Hopefully this boy isn't a busted flush and hits the ground running. 

Share this post


Link to post

This is the first big one that Glass (and Cormack and Russell) is hanging his hat on.

He's affa confident he's going to prove his worth.

It's interesting to see the club trying something different.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

This is the first big one that Glass (and Cormack and Russell) is hanging his hat on.

He's affa confident he's going to prove his worth.

It's interesting to see the club trying something different.

I’m looking forward to seeing him. But wary that MLS isn’t the standard Glass and Cormack believe it is. Especially when you consider vast majority of designated players are in midfield or forward positions so you do wonder what quality of defences he has played against. Really hope he’s a quality signing! 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’m looking forward to seeing him. But wary that MLS isn’t the standard Glass and Cormack believe it is. Especially when you consider vast majority of designated players are in midfield or forward positions so you do wonder what quality of defences he has played against. Really hope he’s a quality signing! 

Not hard to impress the American soccer fans. 
 

oh wooow he kicked it 😮

Share this post


Link to post

Was out with my mate on Saturday who has just moved back home from Houston, where hes lived for 4 years. Feedback from him..

"He was pish for Dynamo" - Buzzin.

Share this post


Link to post

Club and media touting him as a ‘US international’ is a bit much… he has 2 appearances. But, anyone called up to their national side and scoring a goal is positive I suppose. More than we can say about our previous signings. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

No offense to the people who think the SPFL is some imagined superior quality league, but the standard of Scottish football is no better, and in many cases worse, that the MLS. 

I'd take each individual player on his own merits, rather than erroneously broad-brushing the MLS as a step down from Scottish football, and assuming that ,therefore, 'He must be shite'. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

No offense to the people who think the SPFL is some imagined superior quality league, but the standard of Scottish football is no better, and in many cases worse, that the MLS. 

I'd take each individual player on his own merits, rather than erroneously broad-brushing the MLS as a step down from Scottish football, and assuming that ,therefore, 'He must be shite'. 

 

 

 

I second this. You can make the argument that MLS is better than the SPFL. Look at their rosters, player values, results against top Mexican teams in concacaf, etc. 

American style of play is quite physical - as is the Scottish game.. which will suit him well. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Club and media touting him as a ‘US international’ is a bit much… he has 2 appearances. 

So he is in fact a US international? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I concur.  We’ve an entire library of reasons we can denounce insertsigninghere as clearly shite.  MLS involvement is but one of them.

Share this post


Link to post

Good luck Christian - prove my fears wrong - do goals 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

No offense to the people who think the SPFL is some imagined superior quality league, but the standard of Scottish football is no better, and in many cases worse, that the MLS. 

I'd take each individual player on his own merits, rather than erroneously broad-brushing the MLS as a step down from Scottish football, and assuming that ,therefore, 'He must be shite'. 

 

 

 

My impression of the MLS, is that the good players in the teams are above the standard of ours, but the other half are a bit below.

There doesn’t seem to be much in between.

 

Share this post


Link to post

20 goals + next season. 

Terrific stuff Christian 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Just reading some of his instagram comments... I feel like @Millertime is going to absolutely LOVE this guy.

"Praise the Lord y'all. Can I get an amen?"

FFS! Hope to fuck he keeps his moo shut n scores goals.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm excited by the arrival of Ramirez. Much like Scott Brown he clearly wants to be here and was desperate to make this move happen. It's a refreshing change in attitude compared to some of the signings we've made in the past. 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

It’s difficult to judge the general quality of the MLS as it’s skewed by the designated players who are usually miles better than the average player over there.

Take them out the equation, and I seriously doubt the MLS as a whole would be any better than the SPFL.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Watched 15mins of Atlanta v NYRB yesterday at half time of Belgium/Portugal. 

15mins was enough.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Crossbow said:

Good luck Christian - prove my fears wrong - do goals 

 

For him to “do goals”, we need to bring in a couple of players who “do passes” & “do crosses”. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Watched 15mins of Atlanta v NYRB yesterday at half time of Belgium/Portugal. 

15mins was enough.

Same was getting said about our games at the start of the year. Like a few have said on here we can only rate him on what he does in an Aberdeen shirt. 
I hope he hits the ground running, end of the day all we want is a goal scorer so let’s hope we’ve found one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

For him to “do goals”, we need to bring in a couple of players who “do passes” & “do crosses”. 

Need to play offence then.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Watched 15mins of Atlanta v NYRB yesterday at half time of Belgium/Portugal. 

15mins was enough.

To be fair, if you weren't an Aberdeen supporter that's probably 14 minutes longer than you'd be able to endure watching the dross served up at Pittodrie last season. 

Share this post


Link to post

Still a classic... 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully we replicate the welcome  Dnipro Daz got on his arrival in Pheonix. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Hopefully we replicate the welcome  Dnipro Daz got on his arrival in Pheonix. 

Practitioner of High Altitude Penalty Kicks. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Practitioner of High Altitude Penalty Kicks. 

And having favourite books that he’s not actually read.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

No offense to the people who think the SPFL is some imagined superior quality league, but the standard of Scottish football is no better, and in many cases worse, that the MLS. 

I'd take each individual player on his own merits, rather than erroneously broad-brushing the MLS as a step down from Scottish football, and assuming that ,therefore, 'He must be shite'. 

 

 

 

Don’t think anyone believes  it’s a step up coming to SPL. There is some class players that play in MLS, better than you would see in Scotland but there is also plenty poor players that wouldn’t get a game for Aberdeen. Generally the teams play a better style of football, play in fancy stadiums that have big crowds. This all adds to the product. 

I think it’s perfectly reasonable for us to assume a player that hasn’t been a regular for a few seasons in 1 of the poorest MLS sides won’t be a guaranteed success. It’s also not to say we won’t be a massive success. The club seem very sure on this and pretty bullish he’s the real deal so I hope they are right.  

Share this post


Link to post

Fulfilling a lifelong dream playing for Aberdeen, he says 

 

Indeed 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...