Woody's Sixfold

Will be posting my bets from next Saturday onwards, assuming the bookies get their fingers out and price up the Scottish League Cup ties.

Given my decent end to last season I have reasonable hope for a good punting season ahead?.

Tomorrow's sixfold teams are Airdrie, Arbroath, Ayr, Cove, Kilmarnock and Raith @ combined odds of just over 4/1 with BET365.

(Ps have also placed each way bet on John Rahm to win Open. I expect him to go really close but BET365 pay 1/5 odds for a top 8 finish, which would give me a slight profit on my total stake should he not win and finish in top 8 places)

10 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

These early season games are a nightmare. Not worth a risk at all.

Whilst I have placed lower than normal stakes, in recognition of your valid point, my records reflect that, more often than not the higher league normally wins, as last night's ties bore out.

16 hours ago, Woody21 said:

(Ps have also placed each way bet on John Rahm to win Open. I expect him to go really close but BET365 pay 1/5 odds for a top 8 finish, which would give me a slight profit on my total stake should he not win and finish in top 8 places)

You've got to post the bet before the event. Not halfway through it when the guy is on -11 and leading... 

19 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I've got £10 on Prince Charles to be the next reigning monarch.   Decent odds on Wullie, really good on Harry , then it's 500/1 everyone else . 

Pity Pops hadn't stuck a treble on those 3

The Monarchy would be abolished by Xmas

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Parklife said:

You've got to post the bet before the event. Not halfway through it when the guy is on -11 and leading... 

Were you any use at school exams? The Open is next week. Rahm is leading the Scottish Open this week?.

39 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Fair enough but 4/1 for 6 games?

Aye but I win on a regular basis which a) earns profit over season and b) allows me to increase stakes as season progresses, effectively on the bookies money.

6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Fair enough Woody. all the best . Tempted to stick a fiver on it now. Fuck it.., its going on. 

Keep eyes on cash out options from hour mark onwards just in case you want to take any decent profit early and guard against any last minute equalisers. God knows how many times my son has cashed out and that has happened after he has done so, the lucky so and so.

53 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Absolute fucking shambles.

Not great I grant you.

Looking forward to your future predictions to see how much better you are.

5 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Keep eyes on cash out options from hour mark onwards just in case you want to take any decent profit early and guard against any last minute equalisers. God knows how many times my son has cashed out and that has happened after he has done so, the lucky so and so.

Great advice Woody,  I'd never thought of that. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Not great I grant you.

Looking forward to your future predictions to see how much better you are.

As the reigning and defending Hat tipster of the year I'll take you up on that challenge Woodster.

Stick your 6 fold up next week and let me know when it's up. I'll pick a 6 fold, not replicating any of your picks and we'll see who's victorious.

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

As the reigning and defending Hat tipster of the year I'll take you up on that challenge Woodster.

Stick your 6 fold up next week and let me know when it's up. I'll pick a 6 fold, not replicating any of your picks and we'll see who's victorious.

Yer on DF.

Agree that my effort today was shite but can, and will, do better next time.

Ps John Rahm punt for next week's Open still stands.

9 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Might stick a brown one on Rahm tbh. Scottish Open winners have a good record (I think)

We'll get a run for our money DF. Ex professional golfer I know also tipped Bryson De Shambles, but I have avoided 'cos he has just split from his long term caddy, and is rumoured to be a bit of a handful to caddy for anyhoo.

Ps you are correct folk who perform well before majors in general tend to go well in the major the following week. Phil the Lefty springs to mind.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, Don Fonte said:

Having reviewed available matches over next couple of weeks or so we'll both be lucky to get any where near 6 right.

That in mind I reckon I'll probably do low stake, goals related bets until there is more of a selection pool, which I reckon will be 7th August onwards.

Happy to commence our challenge then if ok with you DF?

On 7/13/2021 at 9:23 AM, Woody21 said:

Having reviewed available matches over next couple of weeks or so we'll both be lucky to get any where near 6 right.

That in mind I reckon I'll probably do low stake, goals related bets until there is more of a selection pool, which I reckon will be 7th August onwards.

Happy to commence our challenge then if ok with you DF?

Forgot to reply.

Running scared I see.

Nah that's sound by me min. Will reconvene in a few weeks.