Woody's Sixfold

On 7/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, Studebaker-90 said:

Good shout with Rahm woodster. I had him outright, if the cunt could putt he would have won it, probably. 

I know and apparently he played superb tee to green in first round but, as you say, putting let him down in a 71.

That is where he lost it.

However an ex golf professional mate of mine is convinced Rahm will win a few majors before he is done.

Aye McIntyre was unfortunate to be on the "wrong" half of the draw going out late Thursday and early Friday and catching the worst of the wind on both those days. I doubt he'd have shot low enough to have troubled Morikawa much even if he had been in the other half but would surely have been 3 to 4 shots better off which would have put him 3rd/4th. And of course going out of bounds on the 14th on Sunday ruined his chances of top 5 as well.

He's still got a bit of a weakness on 4ft putts for par that he needs to address if he's going to lift a major. Will be interesting if he gets one of Harrington's picks for the Ryder Cup team. As it stands he's 13th in the race to Dubai (but 7th European in that list...actually ahead of McIlroy) and 10th in the overall Ryder points standings (ahead of Casey but who is ahead of him in the race to Dubai). If he can win or finish 2nd in a tournament between now and the cut off date, it could get him in automatically. Harrington has 3 picks.....if he was picking today he'd surely be in the team.

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

He's holed 91 and missed 8 from 4 feet this year. Is this worse than average?

Stats from 2019 posted in golf.com say that on the PGA tour 91.43% of putts from 4 feet were holed

The stats you give show McIntyre with a 91.21% success rate.

So pretty much bang on the average. I'd suggest major winners have to be a a bit better than average and especially when it comes to putting. 

I'm honestly not trying to put the loon down, he is clearly exceptionally talented and I really hope he does go on and make the transition into a major winner. Making the cuts in all his first 7 attempts in them is an excellent record and he's had a couple of top 10 places in them (both at the Open). My hunch is his best chance will be at the Masters with his length off the tee and the lack of really punishing rough

• 2 weeks later...

As promised my sixfold for weekend of 7th and 8th August is as follows:

Zenit to win @ home

Dunfermline v Partick over 2.5 goals

Lyon to win @ home    

Young Boys to win away

PSG to win away

Hibernian to win @ home (Sunday)

Odds of just under 10/1 for £20 stake @ William Hill.

However you can select either an odds boost or a free £20 bet for one wrong option. The odds boost is likely to be 11/1+ whereas getting your money back for one wrong is also not a bad option.

Another option, if luck enough to have 5 correct by Saturday night, could be to cash out before the Leith mob play on the Sunday. Albeit cannot see County getting a result with a much changed squad requiring time to gel.

Good luck as always to one and all?.