Suspended: Gallagher

Injured: Devlin (presuming he signs before Wednesday)

Lewis

Gurr McCrorie Considine Hayes

Brown Ojo

Hedges Ferguson JET

Ramirez

subs: Woods, Ritchie, Ramsay, Mackenzie, Ngwenya, McGeouch, Campbell, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn, Jenks, Virtanen

prediction: 2-0 JET x 2 (1 pen)

crowd: 5,200

I predict a complete fk up shambles. 
just as the Cormack/Glass window is deserving of. Fire on with the -1’s because so many will be greeting at this prediction but hate to agree with the reality of it.

Hope I’m way off the mark but I genuinely see another Sigma type result here & a massive wake up call to the poor wee puppet Glass whilst Cormack goes into hibernation with his slopey shoulders 

4-2 To the neeps 

Edit. Glass will be excused & Considine will take majority of the flack 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 11

Said I’ll give Glass two windows before proper judgement but his somewhat apparent arrogance towards the fans in support of what really seems a poor poor signing strategy & preparation for first European game is going to be a real struggle to stick to if he puts us out in first game, especially if it’s another McGhee type disgraceful exit. 

Benefit of doubt & given time/patience is already rapidly changing to. HE MUST CONVINCE ME HE’S GOOD ENOUGH. I am far from impressed so far & actually more so thinking fk this ‘give him time’ shite. The confidence of Cormack in him & his own chat/belief means they have to put their results where their mouthes are RIGHT FROM THE START.

Fk this ‘time to bed in’ shite. Start strong, or fix it ASAP with improved signings for domestic campaign because up to now we have fk all for rest of SPFL to worry about.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Lewis

Brown Ojo

Hedges Ferguson JET

Ramirez

subs: Woods, Ritchie, Ramsay, Mackenzie, Ngwenya, McGeouch, Campbell, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn, Jenks, Virtanen

What is this optimism based on?

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Lewis

Brown Ojo

Hedges Ferguson JET

Ramirez

In the name of fuck min.

Is that:

You think he will playing*?

Or is that your preferred starting XI?

* due to line-up yesterday

Roll on Thursday then we can find out if all of this bed wetting will be a reality.

There’s enough quality in the team to get a result. Folk comparing it to the Sigma game are forgetting how woeful we were then. Also the Czech league is at a higher standard than even our own league.

I’m going for a 1-0 dons - Ferguson to score the goal.

13 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Roll on Thursday then we can find out if all of this bed wetting will be a reality.

There’s enough quality in the team to get a result. Folk comparing it to the Sigma game are forgetting how woeful we were then. Also the Czech league is at a higher standard than even our own league.

I’m going for a 1-0 dons - Ferguson to score the goal.

Eh Sweden are rated 18 in the world rankings, Czech are rated 40th, so it appears they produce better players!, secondly our defence this year is at least comparable with the shite that played then.an ancient considine, a midfielder in defence, a player that was 4th choice right back in America and a winger playing in left back.

club football Czech are 17 in coefficient due to one club in slavia Prague while Sweden are 22. We are ranked 11th. But fuck all to do with us seen as we have failed the last 7 times. We are above the likes of Belgium and Austria but if we met the club Brugge and the Salzburg’s of this world we would get horsed.or teams that finished in our position league wise.Anderlecht and lask Linz (still get horsed).before anybody says Linz, just remember they fucked out sporting last year 4-1 the round after we got beat aff them.I don’t think we would ever beat sporting seen as they were pish same time last year, complete fan unrest, players refusing to play, they were in complete disarray at the time.

our defence is at least comparible with that team,( utter shite).unproven attacker, no right wing at all, our best midfielder who wants to leave.an inexperienced manager at this level, very little pre season games vs a team that’s completely up to speed, definately shades of Czech game, 

let’s hope it’s pant pishing, but cannot see it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Eh Sweden are rated 18 in the world rankings, Czech are rated 40th, so it appears they produce better players!, secondly our defence this year is at least comparable with the shite that played then.an ancient considine, a midfielder in defence, a player that was 4th choice right back in America and a winger playing in left back.

club football Czech are 17 in coefficient due to one club in slavia Prague while Sweden are 22. We are ranked 11th. But fuck all to do with us seen as we have failed the last 7 times. We are above the likes of Belgium and Austria but if we met the club Brugge and the Salzburg’s of this world we would get horsed.or teams that finished in our position league wise.Anderlecht and lask Linz (still get horsed).before anybody says Linz, just remember they fucked out sporting last year 4-1 the round after we got beat aff them.I don’t think we would ever beat sporting seen as they were pish same time last year, complete fan unrest, players refusing to play, they were in complete disarray at the time.

our defence is at least comparible with that team,( utter shite).unproven attacker, no right wing at all, our best midfielder who wants to leave.an inexperienced manager at this level, very little pre season games vs a team that’s completely up to speed, definately shades of Czech game, 

To be fair to the philosophy 

They never promised we wouldn't be shite. Just that we wouldn't be confused. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aye but apart from all that - you confident of a result? ?

31 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

World rankings have nothing to do with how the actual league quality is.

Gurr is an unknown so I’ll leave my judgement until he’s played. Hayes has played left back before so I’ve no problems with him there. There needs to be some patience with the summer signings, we’re on the end of a pandemic where the clubs been losing £1 million a month so aye maybe they won’t just be signing players for fun. 

Our own Coefficient is so false, the level of Scottish football outside Celtic & Rangers would have us no where near being ranked 11th. That’s where the expectation comes from seeing those 2 qualify and thinking it’s should be just as easy for the rest of us.

I seen us struggle to beat the likes Dumbarton last year so I’m under no illusions that Thursday will be easy. 

I admit to some of you concerns about the squad but I just don’t see it as being as bad a team that we have as some people are making out. Match fitness is a concern but hardly the clubs fault that 2 opposing teams have had Covid outbreaks.

So what’s your prediction for Thursday that we’ll get beat? Or that they’ll pump us?

Is a draw the worst result in the world? These first Euro games have always been tricky for us.

35 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

So what’s your prediction for Thursday that we’ll get beat? Or that they’ll pump us?

Is a draw the worst result in the world? These first Euro games have always been tricky for us.

It's always impossible to predict these european ties at the start of the season, as we've no idea how good or bad the other teams are - we're just guessing based on the standard of the league they play in (which we probably don't know anything about), their history in the competition (dredging up results they had against other scottish teams a hundred years ago which have no bearing on this game), and how many internationals they have in their team (which means nothing really - we've got a host of retired internationals and guys who've received 1 or 2 caps as well).

We also don't really know the exact type of football Glass is going to attempt to play this season, nor do we know how good or bad Gurr, Jenks and Ramirez are. We don't know if Ojo has returned as the new Xavi... he must be doing something right to get in ahead of Campbell who seemed to be a favourite within the coaching staff last year, and McGeouch who is a decent player. We don't know how McCrorie will really be at centre back - he could turn out to be excellent there, or he may be a bombscare.  We don't know whether Ferguson will be bothered given that he really wants away. We don't know whether the ageing players like Considine, Brown, McGinn, Hayes will have lost even more to their game, or if they'll get a new lease of life under the new regime.

So given that we know pretty much nothing about anything... I'll say 2-0 to the Dons.

• Upvote 2
44 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

World rankings have nothing to do with how the actual league quality is.

Gurr is an unknown so I’ll leave my judgement until he’s played. Hayes has played left back before so I’ve no problems with him there. There needs to be some patience with the summer signings, we’re on the end of a pandemic where the clubs been losing £1 million a month so aye maybe they won’t just be signing players for fun. 

Our own Coefficient is so false, the level of Scottish football outside Celtic & Rangers would have us no where near being ranked 11th. That’s where the expectation comes from seeing those 2 qualify and thinking it’s should be just as easy for the rest of us.

I seen us struggle to beat the likes Dumbarton last year so I’m under no illusions that Thursday will be easy. 

I admit to some of you concerns about the squad but I just don’t see it as being as bad a team that we have as some people are making out. Match fitness is a concern but hardly the clubs fault that 2 opposing teams have had Covid outbreaks.

A reasonable post. Lack of more signings probably reliant on a sale as a result,and as the pool of the standard of players we' re looking at seems to be pretty small,probably need to allow a couple of windows for Glass to get his side in?  Could be a rough first season for him all the same....

14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

We also don't really know the exact type of football Glass is going to attempt to play this season, nor do we know how good or bad Gurr, Jenks and Ramirez are. We don't know if Ojo has returned as the new Xavi... he must be doing something right to get in ahead of Campbell who seemed to be a favourite within the coaching staff last year, and McGeouch who is a decent player. We don't know how McCrorie will really be at centre back - he could turn out to be excellent there, or he may be a bombscare.  We don't know whether Ferguson will be bothered given that he really wants away. We don't know whether the ageing players like Considine, Brown, McGinn, Hayes will have lost even more to their game, or if they'll get a new lease of life under the new regime.

So given that we know pretty much nothing about anything... I'll say 2-0 to the Dons.

Brilliant post, support your sentiments entirely, but, in a it’s the hope that will kill you moment, I’m going to go with Ramirez to score twice.

Hawd the bus, I now know we don’t need good players, depth of squad, good tactics, not even a chairman willing to spend big and put his money where his mouth is, like he alluded to early doors, just let the likes of st Johnstone,hibs and Dundee Utd buy up all the young talent in the SPL we don’t need it.

Glass is banning pies.hohoho 1st league title coming up, will do, if only other managers knew that before, exciting times

9-E385579-8-BC0-49-E2-9-B54-93-A8-EFD17-

• Haha 2