23 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Is Gallagher def suspended for this game?

Is there a section in the uefa website where suspensions can be checked? I had a look but couldn't find anything. 

who knows if there is a general bitty but the match specific info is not uploaded yet.

25 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Is Gallagher def suspended for this game?

Is there a section in the uefa website where suspensions can be checked? I had a look but couldn't find anything. 

I think they expired at season end. He’d have missed a game if Motherwell had progressed but as they didn’t that’s matter closed.

Article 52 Yellow and red cards

As a rule, a player or a team official sent off from the field of play and/or its immediate surrounds, including the technical area, is automatically suspended for the next match in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa Conference League or UEFA Super Cup). In case of serious offences, the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body is entitled to augment this punishment, including by extending it to other competitions.

In case of repeated cautions:

1. before the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.);

2. from the first match in the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).

Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward to the next stage of the competition in the current season.

Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions from the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Europa League or the UEFA Europa Conference League expire at the end of the season.

This doesn't really clear it up as 52.05 doesn't say that red card suspensions expire at end of season.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

See 52.01 and read it in conjunction with 52.02 

Its unclear

If 52.04 wipes out all yellow card suspensions on completion of the play-offs, not carried on to the group stage, why would it be expected to carry over to a new years competition

Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Its unclear

If 52.04 wipes out all yellow card suspensions on completion of the play-offs, not carried on to the group stage, why would it be expected to carry over to a new years competition

It's completely clear. The first sentence of 52.01 covers it. Red card is an automatic suspension. 

Everything from 52.02 onwards is in relation to yellow card suspensions. 

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Its unclear

Yellow card suspensions are where the bookings didn't result in a sending off so I don't see 52.03 or 52.05 applying in this case.

Just a thought on 52.01

As a rule, a player or a team official sent off from the field of play and/or its immediate surrounds, including the technical area, is automatically suspended for the next match in a UEFA club competition.

Could it be deemed that the 2020/21 Europa League Competition  has been completed. It doesn't specifically state that it will carry over to the following years competition if required.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What's the deal re a negative lateral flow? We've got some in the house, how do I prove it's mine etc? Just show it at the door?

I've not read up but I heard you are supposed to log it with the NHS online and get an e-mail confirmation to reference the negative result.

Still open to you circumnavigating it, but why would you if your a decent chap ;)

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Just a thought on 52.01

Could it be deemed that the 2020/21 Europa League Competition  has been completed. It doesn't specifically state that it will carry over to the following years competition if required.

No. 

52.01 doesn't have any exceptions or they would have covered it along with the yellow card suspensions in 52.05 

It's what is stated that matters. Not what isn't stated. If it isn't stated then it's not relevant 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No. 

52.01 doesn't have any exceptions or they would have covered it along with the yellow card suspensions in 52.05 

It's what is stated that matters. Not what isn't stated. If it isn't stated then it's not relevant 

So my point was that the Europa League 2020/21 competition was completed. There was no further games for Motherwell for Declan to miss.

Its not how it used to be I know, but potentially some of the strange rule changes that maybe benefits us in this occasion.

Doesn't explain why Gallagher didn't play against St johnstone though

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

So my point was that the Europa League 2020/21 competition was completed. There was no further games for Motherwell for Declan to miss.

Its not how it used to be I know, but potentially some of the strange rule changes that maybe benefits us in this occasion.

Doesn't explain why Gallagher didn't play against St johnstone though

52.01 states that if you are sent off you are suspended for the next uefa match. There are no get out clauses mentioned for 2 yellow cards or for the suspension being waived at the end of the season. 

The only reference to suspensions not being carried over at the end of the season is regarding yellow cards. 

I hope I'm wrong obviously but it looks pretty clear. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

52.01 states that if you are sent off you are suspended for the next uefa match. There are no get out clauses mentioned for 2 yellow cards or for the suspension being waived at the end of the season. 

The only reference to suspensions not being carried over at the end of the season is regarding yellow cards. 

I hope I'm wrong obviously but it looks pretty clear. 

in my head, I totally see where you are coming from. I'd normally agree. There just seems to be a lot of uncertainty surrounding this and it makes you question if things have changed.

The second sentence of 52.01 states

In case of serious offences, the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body is entitled to augment this punishment, including by extending it to other competitions.

You could argue that two yellows is not deemed serious and therefor no need to extend the suspension to other competitions. The questions therefore is what constitutes the competition? Could it be deemed as the year it is played (2020/21) and therefore as it was not serious, it does not need to be augmented to other competitions (2021/22

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

in my head, I totally see where you are coming from. I'd normally agree. There just seems to be a lot of uncertainty surrounding this and it makes you question if things have changed.

The second sentence of 52.01 states

You could argue that two yellows is not deemed serious and therefor no need to extend the suspension to other competitions. The questions therefore is what constitutes the competition? Could it be deemed as the year it is played (2020/21) and therefore as it was not serious, it does not need to be augmented to other competitions (2021/22

I think that rule is to cover stuff like the Suarez biting incident where wider bans could be put in place for really serious offences. 

I'm done.  Let's wait til Thursday and we'll find out then 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think that rule is to cover stuff like the Suarez biting incident where wider bans could be put in place for really serious offences. 

I'm done.  Let's wait til Thursday and we'll find out then 

Agreed. I can see it either way and ultimately, the fact Gallagher didn't play against St Johnstone is the biggest indicator that he will be suspended.

He's maybe been rolled out to show he's still very much part of the team, even if not playing