tickets collected, shop was busy too and some of the players going into the ground so must be training on the pitch this morning then the Swedes will get a shotty later in the evening 

makes it almost seem normal shame that there will only be 6k in as usually these games attract a big crowd but all thats left to decide is which hostelry is benefitting from me and my pals pre match pints sesh 

56 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

We were totally underprepared for the european games last season. 

Compared to this season? Not at all.

52 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I said in February he should be judged on how he approached tonights game so gloriously wrong on both counts.  And he didnt force him to play, no.  He needed him to play, that was the subtle difference.  He should have left him in Aberdeen regaining much needed fitness, not trail him to Polarbear world to play on an artificial pitch (might have made this last bit up, cant remember, dont care).  Point stands.   

Sorry I didn’t have time to look at your posts from February. We didn’t NEED Bryson to play either so please be quiet.

48 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

That'll explain the 6-0 victory. ;)

I think we had 3 pre seasons (ard were underprepared for the huns) then another 3 league games before we faced Runavic and another 3 league games by Viking.

This season is something else. Covid or no covid it doesn't look good. 

WhAT aBouT BRysoN thOugh

45 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Don't panic.

We will be ready for tomorrow night's game though.

Yes, I realise that now.

20 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Maybe we will be more prepared by tomorrow, the actual game day?

Yes, well done.

14 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Another positive Covid test returned this morning.

Defo there though. COYR.

Ooh, you’re hard.

• Dildo 2
1 minute ago, Kelvin said:

If we pump this lot 5-0, will people say Glass got his prep spot on, or just say he was lucky?

Im not saying that’s gonna happen, just curious how people would react if we win this comfortably. 

I don’t think anyone can say he got his preparation spot on. If this team scores 5 goals against anyone then the quality of the opposition should surely be questioned.

• Dildo 2
Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

I don’t think anyone can say he got his preparation spot on. If this team scores 5 goals against anyone then the quality of the opposition should surely be questioned.

Nah. If we beat them 5-0 then he should get full credit. We know this team are at a decent level based on the league they are in which is no secret to us as its a pretty well known league. 

Some folk just have the knives sharpened but they need to be sensible. 

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yet the arguement from others to defend McInnes' poor preparation last season was that we scored 6 goals. 

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nah. If we beat them 5-0 then he should get full credit. We know this team are at a decent level based on the league they are in which is no secret to us as its a pretty well known league. 

How many did we score v St’ s& ICT etc.

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I didn't say we'd score 5.

I was answering the hypothetical question. 

I’m just making be point that it’s pretty clear we haven’t prepared very well at all. Unless Glass is throwing a banana skin to our opposition & has secretly told our players to deliberately try not to score goals in preseason so they think we’re still shite up front 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

I’m just making be point that it’s pretty clear we haven’t prepared very well at all. Unless Glass is throwing a banana skin to our opposition & has secretly told our players to deliberately try not to score goals in preseason so they think we’re still shite up front 

His job is to prepare the team to get a result on Thursday. 

If he was to win 5-0 (not saying we will but that was the question) then that's about as spot on as anyone could expect.  In fact I'd say any sort of victory is probably acceptable based on the different stages the two teams are at in their seasons. 

Until we see the team perform on Thursday then it's just posturing and speculation. And knife sharpening. 

The club made the decision to restrict travel and friendly games to minimise the risk of our players missing out due to covid. We'll find out on Thursday if that was teg right decision or not. 

Out of interest, if the team had went on tour and we ended up having 5 or 6 players missing due to covid what would your reaction have been? 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If he was to win 5-0 (not saying we will but that was the question) then that's about as spot on as anyone could expect.  In fact I'd say any sort of victory is probably acceptable based on the different stages the two teams are at in their seasons. 

Until we see the team perform on Thursday then it's just posturing and speculation. And knife sharpening. 

The club made the decision to restrict travel and friendly games to minimise the risk of our players missing out due to covid. We'll find out on Thursday if that was teg right decision or not. 

Out of interest, if the team had went on tour and we ended up having 5 or 6 players missing due to covid what would your reaction have been? 

We need a convincing win before traveling to the form team’s plastic pitch most likely.

I will be very worried if we only win by one goal. Draw or lose the home game we are out IMO 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

We need a convincing win before traveling to the form team’s plastic pitch most likely.

I will be very worried if we only win by one goal. Draw or lose the home game we are out IMO 

We play on plastic pitches every season in our own league, shouldn't be an excuse or a reason not to perform. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We play on plastic pitches every season in our own league, shouldn't be an excuse or a reason not to perform. 

When we have a squad full of auldies the plastic pitch could actually be an issue. 

Thankfully we have less of them to worry about domestically this season in league 

im not to fussed about alack of preseasons 

Id prefer hardly any preseason and a lack of covid. The less "outsiders" we introduce the better it really is that simple

other advantages are, no-one really knows how we are playing and probably who might be injured, We probably have 1 or 2 injuries at the moment - its completely fair statistically to expect one or 2 injuries at the moment - we have NO IDEA who that might be and how it might affect us personally I think thats good

One of our biggest advantages at the moment is we are a complete unknown what formation dont know, how will we play dont know who is fit dont know, I think thats a good thing and helps balance out the fact they are well into the season. we know who and how they will play, they have no idea about us 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

If we pump this lot 5-0, will people say Glass got his prep spot on, or just say he was lucky?

Im not saying that’s gonna happen, just curious how people would react if we win this comfortably. 

If we win 2-0 i'll say we've got our prep correct

Hacket boss:

Per-Mathias Hogmo is in the dark about Aberdeen but believes it is more about what his BK Hacken side do in tomorrow night’s Europa Conference League clash.

The Swedes have been unable to get eyes on Stephen Glass ’ new-look side because they have done all their training and games behind closed doors at their Cormack Park base.

Hogmo has evaluated Aberdeen ’s team and also their new signings, like Scott Brown, Christian Ramirez, Jay Emmanuel Thomas, Teddy Jenks and Jack Gurr, from last season's footage to try and get a handle on the Dons.

The Norwegian boss knows Aberdeen have genuine quality but also knows his team are on the up and head to Pittodrie with real confidence.

Hogmo said: “Yes, we have not received much there. We have had little information.

"We have seen how they played last season and we have seen how their new players have acted. Then we get to evaluate based on that.

“We must focus on ourselves and maximise what we have.

“We have a squad now where there is a nice competition for places, which means that the quality of the training is higher.

“We know we have players we can field, both from match to match, but also during matches. That is very positive.”

Hogmo has done enough homework to know that Aberdeen have pace in their team and that is something that can hurt his team.

He also knows that Aberdeen have a strong European tradition in recent years and that was shown with their victory over Norwegian side Viking Stavanger last season.

Hogmo claimed: “We are facing a team with a proud football history.

"It is a team that has brought in some new players. It will be a new exciting match!

“They beat Viking last year and now they have opened up to more spectators in their arena.

"It will be a cool atmosphere. It's a team with a bunch of good players.

“I do not want to go into too much detail on it, but it is a team that has a pretty good pace in the team.

“They have skilled passers but can also be more direct.

“They can also vary between pressing high and lying low.

"We must be prepared for everything.”

The former Rosenborg coach came in when BK Hacken were bottom of the table but he has sparked a real revival. The Gothenburg-based side is now back in the fight for the European places.

Hogmo also believes it could be an advantage to his side that they are midway through their domestic season while tomorrow night will be Aberdeen’s first competitive game.

Hogmo stated: “Yes, it is an advantage. I know that from Norway.

“I have played a lot of European Cups with both Tromsö and Rosenborg.”

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I haven’t got the knives sharpened at all, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say we’ve not prepared well and having one proper centre half available is inexcusable. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Yet the arguement from others to defend McInnes' poor preparation last season was that we scored 6 goals. 

One person, not “others”.

54 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You can’t use COVID as an excuse for everything all the time.

35 minutes ago, Bamber said:

im not to fussed about alack of preseasons 

Id prefer hardly any preseason and a lack of covid. The less "outsiders" we introduce the better it really is that simple

other advantages are, no-one really knows how we are playing and probably who might be injured, We probably have 1 or 2 injuries at the moment - its completely fair statistically to expect one or 2 injuries at the moment - we have NO IDEA who that might be and how it might affect us personally I think thats good

One of our biggest advantages at the moment is we are a complete unknown what formation dont know, how will we play dont know who is fit dont know, I think thats a good thing and helps balance out the fact they are well into the season. we know who and how they will play, they have no idea about us 

We are a complete unknown? Lol we have a centre half pairing and defensive mid with absolutely no pace whatsoever, just ping balls over them to run onto. If they’ve done any homework they will know this.

34 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Pervert.

I sense another one of your meltdowns coming 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with us not scoring much during the friendlies.

Personally don't look into friendly results that much, look at the huns. Losing to Tranmere and then drawing with Arsenal, who lost to Hibs recently. It's just fitness and getting used to playing with each other.