The below article makes it clear that not playing more pre-season games was our second choice, but ultimately the one we ended up going with. First choice was obviously to play all arranged games at Cormack Park, but having had the cancellations Glass decided not to travel to play another local team and instead opted just to play only the two remaining matches.

This decision seems to be based on a desire to "surprise" Hacken with how we line up. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-glass-reveals-hes-kept-24578325

“It came into the thinking. It was a bit of a by-product.

“We didn’t go anywhere to go and play a game for that reason.

“We could have because the local teams would have liked to have us for a home game but I felt it was something we didn’t need to do."

Pretty big call right there. We'd better at least look fit tomorrow.

1 minute ago, redcryptoknight said:

The below article makes it clear that not playing more pre-season games was our second choice, but ultimately the one we ended up going with. First choice was obviously to play all arranged games at Cormack Park, but having had the cancellations Glass decided not to travel to play another local team and instead opted just to play only the two remaining matches.

This decision seems to be based on a desire to "surprise" Hacken with how we line up. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-glass-reveals-hes-kept-24578325

“We could have because the local teams would have liked to have us for a home game but I felt it was something we didn’t need to do."

Aye. If he made the call then he has to live or die with the result over the next 2 games. 

Especially if we go out due to a clear lack of fitness. 

At least he is owning the decision.  Hope it comes off for him or folk will be right on his back. 

• Upvote 1

I expect that we will go out and attack from the off and try and test them. Hacken will sit in compact and try and counter us.

If we don’t get an early goal, nerves ( more so the fans) will be tested.

I expect Hacken would be happy with a 0-0 and be more confident taking us back to their plastic pitch

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. If he made the call then he has to live or die with the result over the next 2 games. 

Especially if we go out due to a clear lack of fitness. 

At least he is owning the decision.  Hope it comes off for him or folk will be right on his back. 

It’s either refreshingly honest or spectacularly naive, hard to tell yet. I think if we were playing a side that was also yet to start their domestic season then it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Fitness may end up being key here.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Would appear others found it funny as well. I didn't say it to be funny.

I was sincere.

You need happy pills min. Or a personality.

Talking about Anders Brevik then telling someone that they need happy pills. If anything you need to lay off the pills as your brain is clearly a drug-addled mess.

That was sincere, btw.

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

That’s one of the valid measure(s) I was meaning earlier.  Score isn’t irrelevant but it’s only one of several parts we’re looking for.

1/. Do we look fit?

2/.  Do the players gel (or appear to recognise each other)

3/.  Do we have a discernible shape?  Are we flexible?  Do we/ can we change it?

4/.  Does our squad look complete, or at least is he acknowledging and still looking to fill very obvious gaps?

5/.  The score.  Obviously.  

6/.  Do we have grafters (some simply call them professionals) willing to roll their sleeves up and try and correct a situation that’s gone/going against us or are they hiding.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

That’s one of the valid measure(s) I was meaning earlier.  Score isn’t irrelevant but it’s only one of several parts we’re looking for.

1/. Do we look fit?

3/.  Do we have a discernible shape?  Are we flexible?  Do we/ can we change it?

4/.  Does our squad look complete, or at least is he acknowledging and still looking to fill very obvious gaps?

6/.  Do we have grafters (some simply call them professionals) willing to roll their sleeves up and try and correct a situation that’s gone/going against us or are they hiding.

Point 6 will be interesting given most of the team that went out with a whimper most weeks are still here. Interesting to see If the “Scott Brown effect” will make a difference.

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I sense another one of your meltdowns coming 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Just because I talk about drugs, don't believe everything you read on the internet by me. I talk a lot of shite to get to people. It works.

I have a wee joint from time to time to mellow out but that is few and far between. The only drug I'm bad with is beer and Jack Daniels.

However good to know you're analysing my life far more than I analyse yours.

I will go mad Anders Brevik on you ya cunt. Learn to know what tongue in cheek is dafty.

Called it.

• Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

1/. Do we look fit?

I would ask do we make good game changing substitutions - to often we have appeared to make changes too late, or are like for like with no aim to change a game or we are well in control nd bring on a 30 year old loanee or guy on the verge of leave when we have a young 19 y o on the bench

I would like to see us using subs properly and not putting on a striker in the 89th minute when we have needed a goal since in 56th

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Roberto said:

You think smoking a joint every so often is hard drugs? Hahahahahaha. Get yourself to fuck min.

Try it. Might make give you a better personality and make you remotely interesting.

I wasn’t referring to a joint every so often. You clearly are or have been doing hard drugs a lot, your brain is total mush.

I don’t need class A’s to make up for a personality but you do you.

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I wasn’t referring to a joint every so often. You clearly are or have been doing hard drugs a lot, your brain is total mush.

I don’t need class A’s to make up for a personality but you do you.

Sound like a boring bastard, mate. 

Loosen up and have a good time. 

Some thoughts from the Hacken fans

Dr.Phil wrote the following:
Häcken_päcken wrote the following:
For those of you who do not understand what a good team we meet, they won both against Viking in Norway and Sporting in Por. Very good team they have won against.
This according to the interview with Högmo på fejan.
No, they did not win against Sporting. Yes they won 2-0 against Viking who is 10th in the Norwegian league oh what a scary.

Some other teams they have gone out to in the last 5 years:
Apollon (Cyprus) Rijeka (Croatia), Maribor (Slovenia) Kairat (Kazakhstan). Well, if we have any ambitions whatsoever, we will beat an Aberdeen in shitty pre-season form.

They went on a kmap loss against sporting, which in turn is a much better team than eg Az which we got a big bang from at home.
All the teams you write below are better than us except possibly the Team from Kaz.
Quote this post
 Thumb up
Name: HisingenTV
Sent: 2021-07-21 21:42:57
BKHisingen1999 wrote the following:
HisingenTV wrote the following:
No Samuel in the squad

Doesn't that mean he can't play at home then either?

Feels like it just missed his name on the website? Why would he not join?

He had a feeling on Monday according to GP
Tips: Aberdeen - Hacken 0 - 1
Quote this post
 Thumb up
Name: BKHisingen1999
Sent: 2021-07-21 21:29:01
Modified: 2021-07-21 21:31:08
HisingenTV wrote the following:
No Samuel in the squad

Doesn't that mean he can't play at home then either?

Feels like it just missed his name on the website? Why would he not join?

Name: Dr.Phil
Sent: 2021-07-21 15:37:21
Modified: 2021-07-21 15:37:42
Häcken_päcken wrote the following:
Hopefully the coaching staff has scouted Aberdeen better than, for example, Cork. To me, that football is similar to the one in Ireland.
The fighting spirit is 110% but the football knowledge is deficient. They will fight until they bleed.
The problem is that Aberdeen has not played a competitive match since May and only played two training matches in July behind closed doors. Difficult to scout! Hope Martin E hid in the bushes during their closed matches;)

Quote this post
3 thumbs up
Name: shiva
Sent: 2021-07-21 11:48:06
Xfiles

Thanks for the links, interesting to listen to.