Out, unfortunately. Watching on red TV. Fuck Skybet. 

Think he'll pick:

Lewis 

Gurr  McCrorie Considine Hayes 

Ojo Brown Ferguson 

Hedges JET

Ramirez 

Prediction : Meltdown from the usual suspects if we haven't scored within ten minutes.

1-0.  Hedges.   

39 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The only flaw with that strategy is the risk of letting young players from other clubs available for a decent fee who can turn a profit a few years down the line slip from our grasp. 

You can have as many brilliant senior pros as you want but you'll still be limited by how many youngsters make it from your own system. A player without the raw potential to succeed will still not make it. 

Think the whole "we are going to rely on youth" thing and then go and sign majority of starters over 30 has just baffled everyone. Really disappointed we haven't signed any prospects that could become real assets. We have also signed Gurr which looks like he will block the development of Ramsey, another thing we said we wouldn't do. If we sell Ferguson hopefully we can bring 1 or 2 players with potential in as we have absolutely no sellable assets now unless Mackenzie or Ramsey do get a run and really impress. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Think the whole "we are going to rely on youth" thing and then go and sign majority of starters over 30 has just baffled everyone. Really disappointed we haven't signed any prospects that could become real assets. We have also signed Gurr which looks like he will block the development of Ramsey, another thing we said we wouldn't do. If we sell Ferguson hopefully we can bring 1 or 2 players with potential in as we have absolutely no sellable assets now unless Mackenzie or Ramsey do get a run and really impress. 

Aye I thought we'd pick up a few guys in the 20-23ish age group from other clubs as well. It doesn't look like that's on their agenda, at least this summer anyway. 

This is a big game tonight, more so from a structure / performance point of view than the final result.

With away goals no longer a factor I would really expect a strong, attacking performance resulting in a first leg lead.

A draw would not be too disappointing, as long as the performance is good.

A defeat, following a below par performance will not be acceptable and will leave Glass and, more so, Cormack with questions to answer.

I really, really hope that I am wrong but I have a "McGhee type first game in charge" concern about this one.

Regardless I will be on PPV to, hopefully, be proved wrong, COYR!!

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Dinna you worry your pretty little cotton socks about me.

Ill be there in plenty of time to make eye contact with the Hacken players and the Spanish Officials.

Now, if you could please reciprocate the polite request to stop posting pish it would be greatly appreciated.

The good thing about them making eye contact with you is they definitely will fear for their safety. I am hearing they have maze spray and rape alarms stored inside their kit just as a precaution. 
Remember and tell us when you are in Pittodrie so we can rule you out as the one who cost us fans in the next match. 
Enjoy the match lad

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The supposed alignment of accounts is a nightmare.  I created a new account and linked my donsid to it but i'm now not recognised under old or new passwords for redtv or the club shop

That's what seems to have happened to me. Club have re set my password and account now so good to go. 

COYR

37 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

This is a big game tonight, more so from a structure / performance point of view than the final result.

With away goals no longer a factor I would really expect a strong, attacking performance resulting in a first leg lead.

A draw would not be too disappointing, as long as the performance is good.

A defeat, following a below par performance will not be acceptable and will leave Glass and, more so, Cormack with questions to answer.

I really, really hope that I am wrong but I have a "McGhee type first game in charge" concern about this one.

Regardless I will be on PPV to, hopefully, be proved wrong, COYR!!

I disagree (hope that's okay!) - I think the result is more important tonight as we need to get through this round at least. I don't expect us to be firing in all cylinders in the first competitive game and I don't expect all the players to be 100% used to the system and strategy for the first few games. 

I guess I'm hoping to see some signs of what's to come in terms of performance - basic things like passing the ball a bit better, better movement up front, more players getting up in support etc. It'll take a wee while for it all to come to fruition, but hopefully there's some signs there. But for me the most important thing tonight is the result.

Also looking forward to seeing how the new signings shape up, particularly Gurr, Ramirez and Jenks who we know nothing about - again not expecting them to be 10/10 in their first game, but signs that they can actually play football would be grand!

COYR!!

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Starting X1

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Considine Hayes         
              Brown Ojo

JET Ferguson Hedges           
                   Ramirez 

might not be the formation, but it’s the starting team 

Is that confirmed WW? 

Pleased for Ramsay if so. 

Will McGeouch ever be fit enough to start a game? 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Starting X1

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Considine Hayes         
              Brown Ojo

JET Ferguson Hedges           
                   Ramirez 

might not be the formation, but it’s the starting team 

Decent enough team - I'd rather have McGeouch than Ojo in there, but will give him a clean slate I guess.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Gallagher is fit - does McCrorie play RB, or does he play alongside Brown to provide more energy and running than Ojo will.

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Decent enough team - I'd rather have McGeouch than Ojo in there, but will give him a clean slate I guess.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Gallagher is fit - does McCrorie play RB, or does he play alongside Brown to provide more energy and running than Ojo will.

I usually give most people benefit of the doubt but ojo is crap 

• Upvote 1