2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Brown is fucking ace. Massive difference with a proper captain in there. 

Bang on, loon…you can tell he drives standards. Always talking, pushing them on. An out and out leader. Does the simple things well as a player and that tackle half way through the second half , personifies the commitment…brilliant…

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Totally agree, it was great to hear the fans, why wouldn't the captain acknowledge this, some people need to grow up.
We just won 5 fucking 1 lol

He doesn’t need to curry favour. He plays and leads like that, he will get the love that he deserves. As you say, he plays for the jersey..said it at the time, a great signing..

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Bang on, loon…you can tell he drives standards. Always talking, pushing them on. An out and out leader. Does the simple things well as a player and that tackle half way through the second half , personifies the commitment…brilliant…

At times it was like he was hardly on the ball, but still influencing proceedings. At key moments he broke up BK Hacken's play just through gamesmanship. Taking a foul at the right time or an "injury". Clever player.

• Upvote 1

what the hell did I go to watch tonight  I went to Pittodrie to watch Aberdeen where were they?

There was a team in red but they were fantastic - I dont understand football that sees you 2 in front and you still charge forward

We are still a team that doesnt like teams who run at them but I kept seeing passes that made no sense (usually JET) until a player drops on the end of it (usually OJO) 

play half as well we will have some season

• Upvote 2

Good performance.  Can't believe how shite their keeper is though. Other than the pen and Ramirez goal, for any of the others I'd be asking what the fuck Lewis was doing if they were against us. But you can only score against the shite that's put against you, and this team were match fit. 

But remain cautious, as we've been here before nearly every season under McInnes, with Jon Gallagher looking like Pele. 

• Dildo 2

Tonight we saw what a dons team can be when everything goes right. The next hurdle will be seeing how we do when things go wrong and seeing our character.

Very pleased with that though. Could never have happened under McInnes. Looks like we are trying to play the kind of football promised by Glass. 

Also, which team looked fitter? LOL

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

At times it was like he was hardly on the ball, but still influencing proceedings. At key moments he broke up BK Hacken's play just through gamesmanship. Taking a foul at the right time or an "injury". Clever player.

Agreed. His reading of the game is outstanding. Always in a position to receive the ball in a few yards of space, rarely takes more than 3 touches and always looks to be positive. Would be interesting if anyone knows players that would give a non TV version of what he’s been like since he arrived. If tonight is anything to go by then standards have risen materially..

11 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

How long has it been since we had a captain with that much influence?

I wince when im reminded that Kerr and Foster wore the armband.

5 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

It was only a joke guys!  I am delighted we have Brown.  Hes a great addition.

I thought I remembered some dissenting voices when he was coming to us, (not mine), that was all.

Yeah a few on here thought he’d be shite. 

Obviously still to see but can see his legs definitely haven’t gone.

3 minutes ago, paddy said:

How long has it been since we had a captain with that much influence?

I wince when im reminded that Kerr and Foster wore the armband.

A long time. will put my neck out here, but in terms of commanding respect and proven ability in the game at a high standard, I would say Mcleish or God…

• Upvote 1

Consi's goal was really important as we looked a wee bit nervy before that. Was like letting off a pressure valve. 

Best thing was seeing them wanting to push forward and make things happen every time they got the ball. About time we played most of our football in the opposition half rather than fannying about in front of our defence.